Pondering

Moho81

As I sit here watching the Buffalo Sabres play hockey and pondering life, I’ve come to realize that my newest Mount carries a solid 3-4 hours of my life in it. Every time I look at it I can picture everything in HD from the first time I saw him cutting though the woods to him being blocked by a tree, checking on my daughter to make sure she was good, to the shot and everything that happened after the shot until he was recovered and hanging up. It all comes in as a great memory of that day.

As weird as it sounds it’s not a trophy hanging up on the wall it’s a memory in time up on the wall captured perfectly by an artist.

ae90a874b53c1866cdc2f377444b4618.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 21

The only buck I ever had mounted, I shot on a crystal clear 10 degree snowy day deep in hardwoods. The buck was following an old stone wall with hardwoods along it. What a perfect day. I have quite a few very good pictures of the buck, and have considered finding an artist to depict it from the spot. It is one of my favorite memories.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

My OCD is triggered by all the nick knacks below the TV. How do you live with that? 

My X hubby use to have knick knacks that matched nothing, I hated them. I would hide one at a time, sometimes he would find them other times he would not. If he didn't find it after a while I would chuck them

I'm the same way. Each taxidermy mount instantly gives me flashbacks of the memories from day or trip. It keeps the memories alive!

The first one while it has a story that I will never forget it happened very fast so there’s not much to it.

This one there’s much more of a story to it so I think it kinda hit me different.

• Like 1

Speaking of ocd..... you better get to scouting your 2022 buck cause I know the architect in you is twitching about that empty right wall in the room....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

You are spot on. The pain I’m dealing with right now having that wall be asymmetrical is off the charts but I do have a major dilemma for the next buck. The other side of the wall is the door for our laundry room so there is only a small amount of wall space left above the door.

Yes a sneak or full sneak mount should work there BUT I don’t think I’m into a sneak or full sneak mount.

There’s also the wife. I’ll definitely have to charm her into a third mount on the wall in the living room.

You should be proud of me though. I did not use CAD this time and only a little bit of measuring and math!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

You are spot on. The pain I’m dealing with right now having that wall be asymmetrical is off the charts but I do have a major dilemma for the next buck. The other side of the wall is the door for our laundry room so there is only a small amount of wall space left above the door.

Yes a sneak or full sneak mount should work there BUT I don’t think I’m into a sneak or full sneak mount.

There’s also the wife. I’ll definitely have to charm her into a third mount on the wall in the living room.

You should be proud of me though. I did not use CAD this time and only a little bit of measuring and math!

You might be surprised.   I didn’t think I liked full sneak either but finally did one for variety.  It’s one of my favorite mounts now.   Just be sure to kill him when he is sneaking in.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You might be surprised.   I didn’t think I liked full sneak either but finally did one for variety.  It’s one of my favorite mounts now.   Just be sure to kill him when he is sneaking in.  

You must be seeing a new taxidermist cause I don't remember doing a sneak mount for you!!! Lol

16 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm the same way. Each taxidermy mount instantly gives me flashbacks of the memories from day or trip. It keeps the memories alive!

Not even the mounts shoulder mounts. I cap all my bucks and mount them to a plaque in the garage. I can sit out there with a beer and cigar and each one will conjur up memories. Those that don't hunt will never understand why we really hang on to those antlers. I know some guys just toss them in a pile. To each their own, but the $15 in supplies and a little bit of effort is worth the memories they hold for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1