Ted does it again!

Sounds like a rule that could be broken by almost anyone without even knowing it.

The law is less than 5 years old, and Nugent, who's hunted in that part of Alaska for years, was unaware of it, Ross said.

"There wasn't any blood trail that they could find," Ross said. "There was a little blood apparently at the spot, but nothing that indicated the bear was hard hit."

Nugent and his hunting buddies looked for the bear but didn't find it, Ross said. "The bear didn't die. He only took one bear."

Doesn't sound like he was trying to get away with anything since he filmed and broadcast his actions. He accepted the consequences of actions and took responsibility. That's a stand up guy.

Edited by wooffer

It's every responsible hunter's obligation to know the rules - especially one who is a self appointed spokesman for others, and makes a great living doing it. He owned up to it because it was the only option according to his lawyer in the article. Pretty much his history - be responsible when caught and forced to.

It's every responsible hunter's obligation to know the rules - especially one who is a self appointed spokesman for others, and makes a great living doing it. He owned up to it because it was the only option according to his lawyer in the article. Pretty much his history - be responsible when caught and forced to.

I disagree, laws are supposed to be promulgated. I don't think Ted is a self appointed spokesman for anyone but himself. I don't disgaree with his words but he doesn't speak for me or any hunter I know.

He doesn't speak for me either and almost no one else I know.

There are a huge number of those in the choir he preaches too that adamantly claim he does.

He is a super smart promoter - everything he says and does is knowingly crafted to promote his image and get paid.

At least occasionally he gets caught.

Looks like some people are more concerned with bashing Ted than objecting to laws that should never have been passed. I was reading an article in a hunting magazine not long ago that was filled with hunting laws from all over the country that are so dumb or miniscule, they catch people off guard all the time. These laws have nothing to do with safety or conservation. They have everything to do with control of hunting by the states.

The point of the article was, laws are being passed to heavily regulate every minor detail of hunting, so a hunter will either need to have a lawyer advising him in the field, or give up hunting altogether to avoid being fined.

If you want to protest something, protest that.

I do have mixed feelings about Nugent as a personality. I guess I am probably not a fan. But what I take away from all these strange stories of his infractions is maybe not so much about him as it is about the state of our laws (hunting and otherwise). I often wonder just how many laws we break every day without ever knowing it. We have constructed such a tangled web of laws that we now have a condition where even those enforcing the laws cannot always agree on the content or interpretation. It appears that just about anybody could easily be charged with something at about just about any time. What kind of a system is that that makes crooks of us all.

I have a complete set of Environmental Conservation Law books of NYS (1984 - 1985), each one 1-1/4" thick, that I defy anyone to read cover to cover without falling into a coma. I also will tell you that what you receive as a hunting syllabus with your license (you know, that comic book sized pamphlet), leaves out at least 80-90% of the legal content. And then I will also state that even if you memorized those 2-1/2 inches of laws, you would not get far into it before you would have a full scale debate over the interpretation. And that debate would last forever even if the ones arguing were lawyers, judges, law enforcement personel, or any other of the supposedly knowledgeable people that are part of the legal system. So what chance do we as laymen have of truly abiding by the law?

So I am not one to be a Nugent apologist, but I will say that if our hunting activities were scrutinized to the same extent as his, we might not come out looking so good either. It's probably not a real good idea to be playing the judgemental high and mighty role on this particular subject. Just remember that saying about stones and glass houses.

Also, I think he would do well to have his programs previewed by a battery of lawyers before airing them ..... lol. There's an awful lot of anti-gun people that have their sights set on him and are just looking for some material to discredit his apparently effective rhetoric that obviously continues to touch a nerve with them.

I'm in total agreement Doc. There are also a lot of zealous Game Wardens out there that are looking to bust every hunter they run into for something. Give them a chance and they can come up with a fine for any hunter in the field if they decide you should be fined, for whatever reason.

A lot of folks don't like Ted, and that is exactly why they go after him with this stuff. They want to shut him up. What I have to wonder is, why is what he says such a threat to them and what is it they are trying to do that he is against?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OMG...R u guys serious ??? It's Ted!! He's an outspoken 2nd Amendment Guy!! Thats why anyone finds any reason to bash him, "Draft Dodger??" OK?? Do you agree with what he has to say today or no??

I got this from another website. I support ted so felt this might be of interest to some. On this site I may be one of the only supporters I don't know . Sit's in tree's - I never heard he was a draft dodger you may be right. Who knows ?

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/04/26/watch-ted-nugent-tells-the-full-story/

Max3 I believe and agree with his stance on gun control and 2nd amendment issues but I don't necessarily agree with the way he presents and addresses the issues.

• Like 1

Listened to a news piece last week that said he was charged with possessing "evidence of a kill" A game warden found hair and blood on an arrow in his quiver. The sitting judge said on record that he never even heard of the law he was charged with. But hey!!! long hair .... supposed draft dodger??? screw him!!! DAMN HIPPIE!!!!!!!! with that rock and roll music!!!

Edited by ants

I have to agree with Doc and DeerThug on this one. While I agree with his stance on the 2nd ammendment I do not like the way he presents himself to the general public... And yes the laws regaurding hunting are vauge at best and if an officer does not like you, he will find a way to ticket you... I feel we should have a interactive map that shows in better details the laws and restrictions for certian counties and towns... I have not seen many of his shows yet the one I did see represeted hunters well, he just seems a little too far out in left field some times for me...