12 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

Someone sent it to me.

Not trying to pester, but if it wasnt sent directly to you from a dec employee anyone can photoshop a picture and do what they want to it.  There is an eraser on the top left of the picture and a trash can on the top right as if it was screenshot and possibly manipulated.  I’m not a pro and I could very well be wrong.    I hope you dont take offense to my questions, but I always like to try and verify the source.  

• Like 1

Not trying to pester, but if it wasnt sent directly to you from a dec employee anyone can photoshop a picture and do what they want to it.  There is an eraser on the top left of the picture and a trash can on the top right as if it was screenshot and possibly manipulated.  I’m not a pro and I could very well be wrong.    I hope you dont take offense to my questions, but I always like to try and verify the source.  

At the start of a few of my children’s HS classes they were asked to tell a little about themselves and what pronoun they would like the class to use.
It is not required of us to do this but some teachers take it upon themselves to be “sensitive” to this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

At the start of a few of my children’s HS classes they were asked to tell a little about themselves and what pronoun they would like the class to use.
It is not required of us to do this but some teachers take it upon themselves to be “sensitive” to this issue.

Some common curtesy for the feelings of others is fine with me, even if it seems absurd. If I met someone whose name was Richard and he asked me to call him Rich, I of course would oblige and not call him Dick. If I met someone and they asked to be referred to as They, I'd also do my best to oblige. 

If we want to take issue with this stuff it should be with high school and collegiate sports. That's where it's having a meaningful impact and I think some are finally starting to see that. Private organizations can do whatever the heck they want. 

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I work with staff members who add this to their email.  I just refuse to live in their bizzaro world.  I am steadily becoming the old ornery guy at my job, and I’m embracing it too!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

No offense taken. I took a screen shot and blew it up so my inbox was out of the picture.

5 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

No offense taken. I took a screen shot and blew it up so my inbox was out of the picture.

• Like 1

It's one thing to be "sensitive".  It's something else to demand compliance with threats.

Chicago Schools Tell Teachers Sex Is ‘Socially Constructed,’ Tell Them to Hide Students’ Gender Pronouns From Parents

Chicago Public Schools told teachers that “gender and sex” are social constructs that have been “created and enforced” by society and threatened retaliatory measures if they didn’t use students’ preferred pronouns during a required teacher training program.

Another part of the presentation told teachers not to disclose to parents if their child identifies as a different gender or prefers different pronouns, and it cautioned teachers that there could be consequences for failing to comply.

“Discussing a student’s transition with their parent or guardian without the student’s explicit consent is not permitted,” a slide reportedly read. “Disclosure of this kind can create an unsafe situation for the student. This is both a legal and safety concern, and there is no age restriction on this guidance.”

Chicago Schools Tell Teachers Sex Is ‘Socially Constructed’ (dailysignal.com)