I'm Confused

I can't read all of this, but the simple FACT is that stating he will hire a "black woman" is no different than my boss, or your boss, telling you to hire a "white man" – its racism and sexism pure and simple. They pretend its not because they are the elite, and feel self righteous with their virtue signaling, but in TRUTH they have discriminated against every other race and all of the LGBTQFJB genders they believe exists.

Just maybe, JUST MAYBE the most qualified person is an Asian American woman, Native American woman or Hispanic American gay man. The most qualified person will not be nominated unless ALL possible candidates are considered.

• Like 3

For Democrats, the major qualification for this position, is the candidate that will buy them the most votes.

In 2003, President George W. Bush nominated Janice Rogers Brown to serve on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, which is widely considered the nation’s second most important court and a training ground for future Supreme Court justices.

At the time, Brown was a justice on the California Supreme Court. She was known for her conservative judicial opinions against affirmation action and in favor of parental consent for abortion.

But rather than embrace Brown’s appointment to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, Democrats were united in opposition. Democrats, including then-Senators Joe Biden and Barack Obama, repeatedly filibustered Brown’s confirmation.

Yes — filibustered! The procedure that Biden today calls a relic of the Jim Crow era was used by Biden to destroy a black female nominee.

President Bush renominated Brown, and she was eventually confirmed in 2005 after a bipartisan agreement. But Democrats did their best to block her confirmation because the left feared she could have been the first black woman appointed to the Supreme Court, and they did everything they could to destroy her. Biden voted against her three times.

Had she been confirmed in 2003, the odds are overwhelming that we would have had a black woman on the Supreme Court 17 years ago when Justice Sandra Day O'Connor retired.

But the left isn’t really concerned about black women. They want leftists on the Supreme Court who will continue to remake America.

The most important “qualification” Biden has for his Supreme Court nominee is not merit, skin color or gender. The most important qualification is that she is committed to the left’s agenda, and will ignore the Constitution in order to impose the left’s values on America.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

I'm going to have to say that the change in your eating habit's is having some effect on your thinking, in a positive way, except for you selling that beautiful Garand.

I actually decided to keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

It further amazes me that this has been given so many spins from my original post; from:  some feel there isn't a viable black female, Trump said or did, other presidents did the same political posturing and on and on.....prior wrongs don't make that statement correct.
My point was how does a sitting president who ran on the ticket of equality for all make the statement that he is making an appointment to the highest court based upon color and gender ?
There is NO SPINNING THAT and it is wrong !
Somehow the Biden fans feel that's ok and attempt to defend the statement. It's divisive, and further creates divide on both sides of the isle.....If in any workplace in the US one made the statement they were hiring or promoting based upon color and gender that'd be a lawsuit with lawyers drooling.
Yes, I think Biden is a week ineffective leader and his health is a question, Trump was most likely the most unpresidential president in history and I never made it through one of his speeches...not a fan of either as a leader.....

I couldn’t agree more with your statement

6 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

Northcountryman :

Hey, I didn't use the term first !!

6 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

My Man VH!! He's so kind and Gentle aint he !! lol

Snowflake is clearly tongue in cheek. It’s amusing to see it used against crying libs when conservatives are constantly crying about some (usually fictitious) sense of victimization…

7 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

If Trump did it it still doesn't make it right today....you never answered an earlier question.

Would it be acceptable, under your way of thinking, for one to state that they are promoting, hiring or appointing a person based on gender and color if they said they were appointing a white male?

Do you feel that's an acceptable statement in any workplace ? (that's a yes or no question without name calling, Trump said/did or any deflection or history lesson)

Not a snowflake just fed up with hypocrisy in politics.. 

I’d encourage you to consider the historical context that adds asymmetries to the counter example you propose. For far too long, black folks where legally not allowed to participate. Though those laws have been overturned, in far too many instances they remain in place de facto. His proclamation brings attention to this gap and I feel that it’s a positive step in the right direction. As a white dude, I don’t feel victimized or attacked by it in any way. 

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Of a Victimized Conservative 

You mean a bunch of white guys acting butt hurt because it was announced that a black woman will be nominated (with a surprising amount of bipartisan support) doesn’t paint a picture of aggrieved conservatives? Well then, here’s a dated yet hilarious take on the matter:

https://www.cc.com/video/cctlv8/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-gop-special-victims-unit 

10 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You mean a bunch of white guys acting butt hurt because it was announced that a black woman will be nominated (with a surprising amount of bipartisan support) doesn’t paint a picture of aggrieved conservatives? Well then, here’s a dated yet hilarious take on the matter:

https://www.cc.com/video/cctlv8/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-gop-special-victims-unit 

That’s from a talk show , though VH and not a hard news source . Can you provide a hard news source that accurately validated  all of these supposed aggrieved conservatives that are butt hurt due to the announced black woman nomination thing ? Not saying you’re wrong , just don’t know of any myself , nor do I get the vibe from other righties on this forum that any of them feel that way ( although I could be wrong of course! ). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

That’s from a talk show , though VH and not a hard news source . Can you provide a hard news source that accurately validated  all of these supposed aggrieved conservatives that are butt hurt due to the announced black woman nomination thing ? Not saying you’re wrong , just don’t know of any myself , nor do I get the vibe from other righties on this forum that any of them feel that way ( although I could be wrong of course! ). 

A compilation of conservative media whiners didn’t do it for you? Gee, did you at least chuckle a couple of times? 

More proof that your modified diet is improving your thinking !

Lol I just don’t think you guys understand my point of view… a dislike of trump and a belief that covid is real does not make someone a liberal.

What does trump or covid have to do with your decision to keep the rifle ?
I think you need to eat more bean sprouts before posting.

Don’t be stupid it was a overall statement to your original comment

95b8afe63e7787e100aa7dfa9b767521.jpg

7 hours ago, Chef said:

Lol I just don’t think you guys understand my point of view… a dislike of trump and a belief that covid is real does not make someone a liberal.

When one votes LEFT when it’s a proven FACT that it’s never the best move for the good of all people, just because he does not LiKE the guy on the RIGHT, even thought it’s a Proven FACT that he was doing the better job for the good of all people that proves the mindset of that person. You could have voted a number of ways or not at all but you like so many other fools voted to HURT the American people because of a dislike of one person. That speaks volumes. 

• Like 2