ATV Snow Plow Advice

For me having it plowed has more negatives then using my ‘74 Ariens . You can see the giant piles he leaves , it’s hard to see getting out of the driveway , your driveway gets narrower, yard dug up and driveway sometimes  damaged . Plus backblading leaves hard packed snow on it .

Heres my piles and my neighbors driveway down to pavement using my ‘74 which chews through the heaviest deepest snow with ease .

Theres a service here that uses a large drivable snowblower avoids all the negatives ,something you may want to look into .

90C72B95-9C4D-4E48-B085-82190C7B872C.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

I want to say it was about $5k and then A few hundred more for the hydraulic chute control (a must)..

it is a meteor 68..

https://mkmartin.ca/products/pullType.php

it moves a lot of snow in a short period of time and throws it a long way..

a was looking at a front mount blower and they we more than double the price with all the mounting hardware and tons of labor..

let me know if you want more details..

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wildcat said:

This is my new snow removal rig…. I was a little skeptical of the front drive rear mount blower, but it works great!!

201F4EBD-3FC5-45A1-A709-45D00E877E21.jpeg

E4ED9BCF-DBF1-4975-8457-087ABFC94CC6.jpeg

Nice setup! Tractor with a cab with heat, and snowblower + front loader would be my choice too, if I had an extra 50k to spend. 

For me though I got tired of wrestling snowblowers and filling my face with snow, or getting my ass wet on my Ford tractor (if I could get it going when temps in single digits) because it had to sit outside due the ROP not fitting in my garage. 

My Polaris ATV is a blast for me to plow with and has not had any problem keeping my drive nicely free of snow. 

The only issue I had was breaking on shear pin after hitting a chunk of frozen ground I did not know was there under the snow. It was an easy, fast fix, and good protection.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, BizCT said:

Closing the thread on this. Scheduled for early august install. $983 all in. 54" plow.

Good price installed.   I paid close to 1100 for the plow and quick release mount.  Then a good 6-7hrs installing it. Enjoy.  

• Like 1

Good price installed.   I paid close to 1100 for the plow and quick release mount.  Then a good 6-7hrs installing it. Enjoy.  

It helped having the warn winch already installed I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 11:23 AM, BizCT said:

Closing the thread on this. Scheduled for early august install. $983 all in. 54" plow.

Welp, that didn't go well. I show up and they tell me 7 hours labor wasn't included so tack on another $1K. I said forget it. Got my refund and left. Back to square one. @moog5050

Edited by BizCT

25 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Welp, that didn't go well. I show up and they tell me 7 hours labor wasn't included so tack on another $1K. I said forget it. Got my refund and left. Back to square one. @moog5050

That ATV dealer has sign in the window “This Ain’t Pottery Barn”.    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BizCT said:

Grab a wrench!  Took me like 7hrs but they said it was a PIA.  I also had aftermarket skid plates to deal with.  

Edited by moog5050

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Grab a wrench!  Took me like 7hrs but they said it was a PIA.  I also had aftermarket skid plates to deal with.  

We have after market metal skid plates as well. I didn't buy the parts, I walked out. Will have to do more research. Did you do front or center body mount? we were doing center.

1 hour ago, BizCT said:

We have after market metal skid plates as well. I didn't buy the parts, I walked out. Will have to do more research. Did you do front or center body mount? we were doing center.

Mine is also a center mount.   The winch pulls it in and up to the QD mounting bracket (which didn't work well with the one section of skid plates).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Mine is also a center mount.   The winch pulls it in and up to the QD mounting bracket (which didn't work well with the one section of skid plates).

warn.com/plow-systems#atv-front 

what are your thoughts on this warn ATV FRONT MOUNT PLOW? PROVANTAGE SYSTEM. Might be way easier/quicker install?

3 hours ago, BizCT said:

warn.com/plow-systems#atv-front 

what are your thoughts on this warn ATV FRONT MOUNT PLOW? PROVANTAGE SYSTEM. Might be way easier/quicker install?

Midmounts are better geometry and put less stress on the machine.  But you don’t live in tug hill and lots like the front mount.   Probably easier to install.  

• Like 1

So a place in NY is telling me $928 ALL-In for a KFI snow plow 54”, center mount, frame and labor all in. They said it’s roughly 1 hour. Not 7.

Too good to be true or drop
It off?

1 hour ago, BizCT said:

So a place in NY is telling me $928 ALL-In for a KFI snow plow 54”, center mount, frame and labor all in. They said it’s roughly 1 hour. Not 7.

Too good to be true or drop
It off?

seems ok.  no idea honestly

• Thanks 1