Underwater video cameràs?

G-Man

I have so much fun with trail cams I was thinking about a underwater color video camera. I know they are used mostly.fornice fishing, any recommendation for a decent camera to use one that would have some.kind of viewer and picture/video storage  would ve prefered. Just will be using it in my ponds. Up to 20 ft deep 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I have so much fun with trail cams I was thinking about a underwater color video camera. I know they are used mostly.fornice fishing, any recommendation for a decent camera to use one that would have some.kind of viewer and picture/video storage  would ve prefered. Just will be using it in my ponds. Up to 20 ft deep 

Thanks in advance!i

I think a supervisor here uses one scuba diving, I'll ask.  

I use my camera only when shallow bluegill fishing on ice, otherwise it's just more work than it's worth for me. Plus getting a fish tangled up in the cable and losing it when fishing deep sucks. I prefer a vexilar for 95% of fishing, camera beats it with gills/crappies, the gills will suck in a bait and spit it without you ever knowing it. With the camera you pop them as soon as they take the bait in, no waiting for rod tip movement.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, G-Man said:

Thanks in advance!

The Olympus tough line are pretty damn good. I've had two so far. The first one I learned my lesson on and bought a float for the second one! Waterproof shockproof freeze proof. And they take pretty damn good pictures too Good luck enjoy.

2 hours ago, chrisw said:

I use my camera only when shallow bluegill fishing on ice, otherwise it's just more work than it's worth for me. Plus getting a fish tangled up in the cable and losing it when fishing deep sucks. I prefer a vexilar for 95% of fishing, camera beats it with gills/crappies, the gills will suck in a bait and spit it without you ever knowing it. With the camera you pop them as soon as they take the bait in, no waiting for rod tip movement.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Don't have to worry about tangling a fishing line in it just want to see fish underwater.  Like to fish , don't like to eat them , but like building ponds and raising them. Have a few blue cays over 38 in now be nice to watch them in their culvert nest boxes I made for them..  not to mention the walleye and crappie..  will be strictly a toy for me.

• Like 1

Waterproof GoPro

I’m trying to find the video but after two years of prototypes, my son and I finally made a carp camera harness using his GoPro that worked awesome!!  We could get hundred of feet of underwater live video thanks to the carp.  And when we would get nervous that the fish was getting too far away, we could release the harness and everything would float back to the surface so we could safely reel it in back to shore.  I think the Carp Anglers Group (CAG) used the video in one of their videos…

While I was looking for the carp cam video, I came across the video below that I believe was produced by CAG (my daughter wrote a song about carp fishing…photos of my son were also featured in the video).

• Like 1