some good news for the beaver trappers

rachunter

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

$20 TOP.For the best .So what he’s saying is you will be lucky to average $7 LOL .No thanks .Good thing I get paid good for most of my beaver trapping .

To be honest the more I look into it the less I think trapping is worth the time and effort other then for personal use.When i gave a guy the beaver furs from this year he said he'd be lucky to get $4 each.

5 minutes ago, rachunter said:

To be honest the more I look into it the less I think trapping is worth the time and effort other then for personal use.When i gave a guy the beaver furs from this year he said he'd be lucky to get $4 each.

You should make yourself gloves with your next ones

• Like 1

A labor of love for me!  Tough check today in all this snow…one more week until land trapping ends...then I’m moving to beaver and mink mode.  (I trap the “nuisance” mink at my trout club).  I’m currently self tanning a few of my furs…the “exotics” got sent to the tannery this morning.  

• Like 1

A labor of love for me!  Tough check today in all this snow…one more week until land trapping ends...then I’m moving to beaver and mink mode.  (I trap the “nuisance” mink at my trout club).  I’m currently self tanning a few of my furs…the “exotics” got sent to the tannery this morning.  

I got into trapping to learn how to trap and handle the fur from start to finish. It was never for the money but I got a little overwhelmed with the beaver. Hopefully next season I’ll be a little more prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, rachunter said:

That’s terrible !! I used to hunt coons back in the 70s

I made decent money , sometimes over 30.00 a pelt .

Probably nowhere near that now 

That’s terrible !! I used to hunt coons back in the 70s
I made decent money , sometimes over 30.00 a pelt .
Probably nowhere near that now 

Someone posted a list on here. Coons where .35 cents to $5 bucks on the high side. I read there not even buying any under 3x seems like a waste to target them other than personal use or novelty sales.

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

Someone posted a list on here. Coons where .35 cents to $5 bucks on the high side. I read there not even buying any under 3x seems like a waste to target them other than personal use or novelty sales.

Wow ! 
I used to love running my hounds 

F7FC7A27-78B1-46B8-8CF7-A1156C0A4B87.jpeg

62413ADD-6A7F-4022-BB1D-BD520E002566.jpeg

• Like 1