New set up

Chef

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

The 111m is the finished rod off of the 1321m blank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. That’s what you implied in the original post as well. But 111m still doesn’t make sense. The 1321m is a 11’ or 132” 1 piece medium action. The 1201m is a 10’ or 120” 1 piece medium action. Is the 111m an 11” 1 piece medium action? It doesn’t make sense...Did they cut the rod? A 1321m will still be a 1321m when it’s a finished rod. 

Ok. That’s what you implied in the original post as well. But 111m still doesn’t make sense. The 1321m is a 11’ or 132” 1 piece medium action. The 1201m is a 10’ or 120” 1 piece medium action. Is the 111m an 11” 1 piece medium action? It doesn’t make sense...Did they cut the rod? A 1321m will still be a 1321m when it’s a finished rod. 

Not on the new GSB series… and sorry it’s a 111ms

And yes it’s from a 1321m blank and it’s a 11ft one piece medium action rod

Here is the chart from the lamiglas website

1b89f13d6f7963fd6e0bdc794fce757d.jpg

Leaving the S off makes a big difference. That would’ve designated the newer style. It’s still not a 1321m though. That is an old school rod with a much heavier weight rating. That would be way overkill for fishing a river under next to a bridge. Enjoy. 

Lol this rod is for the surf not the bridge.

Leaving the S off makes a big difference. That would’ve designated the newer style. It’s still not a 1321m though. That is an old school rod with a much heavier weight rating. That would be way overkill for fishing a river under next to a bridge. Enjoy. 

Also they only have the specs up for the 1322m

But same specs as the rod I bought

https://www.lamiglas.com/products/gsb-132-2m-11-2-piece-1?variant=30395686289457

Also they only have the specs up for the 1322m

But same specs as the rod I bought

https://www.lamiglas.com/products/gsb-132-2m-11-2-piece-1?variant=30395686289457

I only ever bought one surf rod....My destroyer was tied up in Newport, RI for a one month tender service...

I bought a 9 foot Zebco rod and open face reel  at the Navy Exchange for $25...The reel was spooled with 25 lb. mono....

I used that rod/reel to catch my first saltwater fish,  stripers, blues, flounder, tautog, plus various shit fish such as bergalls , skates, sand sharks, etc... Caught them from the destroyer piers plus some surrounding jetties...

That was June, 1971.....

• Like 3

The 1321m is actually rated up to 12oz. Not that anyone would ever throw something that heavy. The newer rods are not quite like the originals. D2E9E119-8FA9-4B80-9F21-3307082C7576.thumb.png.08db35212911e8a0697135d630903608.png
Where do you plan on fishing with this setup?

Agreed the new blanks are way different.

Jones, Moses, smith point, Moriches inlet. Montauk, orient. Hallock.

All over the island

Some of the CT beaches like gulf and black rock.

Sandy hook and island beach in NJ

I only ever bought one surf rod....My destroyer was tied up in Newport, RI for a one month tender service...
I bought a 9 foot Zebco rod and open face reel  at the Navy Exchange for $25...The reel was spooled with 25 lb. mono....
I used that rod/reel to catch my first saltwater fish,  stripers, blues, flounder, tautog, plus various shit fish such as bergalls , skates, sand sharks, etc... Caught them from the destroyer piers plus some surrounding jetties...
That was June, 1971.....

That must have been a blast and a nice break

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

That must have been a blast and a nice break

Pretty easy duty  in port in Newport...Except for an occasional quarterdeck watch, work knocked off at 4:00 PM (1600 hrs)...Good fishing for blues right off the end of the destroyer  piers...We would beg a few scraps of meat from the cooks and use it on small hooks to catch a few 8-10 inch tinker mackerel,  and then we would fish the mackerel whole for blues...

Did better on stripers fishing from nearby jetties with cut mackerel or cut bunker...

The EM club was just down the road in case we got thirsty, which seemed to happen quite frequently...

Pretty easy duty  in port in Newport...Except for an occasional quarterdeck watch, work knocked off at 4:00 PM (1600 hrs)...Good fishing for blues right off the end of the destroyer  piers...We would beg a few scraps of meat from the cooks and use it on small hooks to catch a few 8-10 inch tinker mackerel,  and then we would fish the mackerel whole for blues...
Did better on stripers fishing from nearby jetties with cut mackerel or cut bunker...
The EM club was just down the road in case we got thirsty, which seemed to happen quite frequently...

That’s awesome, sounds like a great time. It’s really sad what’s happened to the fisheries over the years.
Newport is a great town though

Just a few weeks before your wedding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Are you sure? I’d bet you spread that seed far and wide

Yeah, who knows  ??   I did spend some pheasant hunting  in that area in 1969 and 1970... I remember one stripper on Chippewa St in Buffalo that resembled Tacks, except she was a lot shorter and a lot fatter and she was black....

Yeah, who knows  ??   I did spend some pheasant hunting  in that area in 1969 and 1970... I remember one stripper on Chippewa St in Buffalo that resembled Tacks, except she was a lot shorter and a lot fatter and she was black....

Hahaha he maybe be pale but he is really tall so could be lll