Picked up a new trailer

moog5050

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Nah, this is just to get the whole family plus out on the trails for fun.  May have to come out your way with all that land you have to play on!  lol

Got plenty of space for riding, and you are ALWAYS welcome!

• Like 1

Thats a nice looking trailer. A lot nicer than my rattler from Tractor Supply...
I have the same one from Lowes....it's 10 years old.....had some repairs and the fenders are rusty. Both my neighbors want it for small jobs so she may get a new home this summer when I hopefully upgrade to a new 7x14 from the 5x10.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I love my aluminum dump trailer, when my utility trailer is ready to be replaced it will be with an aluminum! LED is the only way to go!

What’s the new toy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you use that dump in the winter? Was wondering how the salt treats the aluminum?

5 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Do you use that dump in the winter? Was wondering how the salt treats the aluminum?

https://nhtrailers.com/aluminum-trailers-vs-steel-trailers/  Good read on it.   Salt can still can cause corrosion on aluminum but aluminum is much more resistant and the corrosion is not detrimental like rust on steel.  They say to rinse your trailer off periodically.

27 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

https://nhtrailers.com/aluminum-trailers-vs-steel-trailers/  Good read on it.   Salt can still can cause corrosion on aluminum but aluminum is much more resistant and the corrosion is not detrimental like rust on steel.  They say to rinse your trailer off periodically.

That's why you never see a  snowmobile trailer made out of steel. 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1

Yes, most of its use is in the winter delivering firewood. Salt is no problem other than it always looks dirty.

I will only ever own aluminum for now on after having two steel dump trailers. My only issues is the bottom denting from firewood coming off the conveyor but I put 1”x6” oak planks on the bottom, that also fixed the other issue of it being very sloppy for my rubber tracked escalator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1