Who thinks its ok out tax dollars are being spent on this......insane????

38 minutes ago, Chef said:

Please tell me what networks are real news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe one that tells the truth of what is in the kit.  Not the redhead and the left only using the word “May Include”. And the statement that no federal funding was used to put pipes in the kits. Not that there was not… only that federal funding did not pay for them. 

• Like 1

Anytime the government puts such vague terminology into a bill they want to pass into law, past history proves we can always assume the worst things possible will be employed because of it.  It leaves the law open to interpretation and many more legal fights over it's intentions well into the future.  If they didn't want the bill to be a catch all law that will allow them to do whatever they decide, they wouldn't use such vague terminology in it's creation. 

This is a bill proposed by the radical left to keep part of their base alive with tax dollar paid by responsible, productive citizens.  The people who benefit from it are societal parasites who make a conscience choice to put their health and lives in jeopardy.  To support, or even defend such a bill, is to think like a leftist.  If one thinks like a leftist, it's ludicrous to claim one is not a leftist.

The Washington Free Beacon's Patrick Hauf said that the outlet "confirmed the story with the HHS, provided context on the grant program beyond the crack pipes, and described how these 'smoking kits' have been implemented elsewhere."

Per Hauf, "HHS panicked after the story was published and claimed it was 'blatant misinformation.' Then came the fact checks. Then came the social media labels."

"So now," Hauf wrote on Twitter, "the federal government is denying pipes are in the 'smoking kits.' More than 48 hours after the story was published. I was previously told by HHS the kits are used to smoke crack."

Interior Health Canada provides glass pipes as part of their safer smoking kits, for crack and meth smokers. Part of the reasoning of providing pipes is to prevent people from injecting the drugs. "Harm reduction" programs in Maryland received backlash after it was revealed that smoking kits included glass pipes. A Washington, DC bill allowed "to distribute harm reduction supplies such as safer smoking kits, safer snorting kits, and other infectious disease prevention harm reduction materials previously criminalized under DC law."

This program joins others that facilitate drug use by drug users by providing the means for them to use drugs. Safe injections sites have opened in many locations across the US, including in New York City.

The Washington Free Beacon's Patrick Hauf said that the outlet "confirmed the story with the HHS, provided context on the grant program beyond the crack pipes, and described how these 'smoking kits' have been implemented elsewhere."
Per Hauf, "HHS panicked after the story was published and claimed it was 'blatant misinformation.' Then came the fact checks. Then came the social media labels."
"So now," Hauf wrote on Twitter, "the federal government is denying pipes are in the 'smoking kits.' More than 48 hours after the story was published. I was previously told by HHS the kits are used to smoke crack."
Interior Health Canada provides glass pipes as part of their safer smoking kits, for crack and meth smokers. Part of the reasoning of providing pipes is to prevent people from injecting the drugs. "Harm reduction" programs in Maryland received backlash after it was revealed that smoking kits included glass pipes. A Washington, DC bill allowed "to distribute harm reduction supplies such as safer smoking kits, safer snorting kits, and other infectious disease prevention harm reduction materials previously criminalized under DC law."
This program joins others that facilitate drug use by drug users by providing the means for them to use drugs. Safe injections sites have opened in many locations across the US, including in New York City.

The Washington free beacon… get a grip… that is not news

2 hours ago, Chef said:

The Washington free beacon… get a grip… that is not news

Of course not. If it does not come from Cooper to you it’s fake news. I know a guy that once said…They are not coming for me,They are coming for you, I’m just in their way!  And you voted for that said coming for all of us. True American. 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

It's not a laughing matter, but it's not a stretch to say that a person would have to be on crack to vote for the Democrats these days. And perhaps that's precisely the point.

Very well possible. They know they don’t stand a chance to get another democrat back in without their ability to cheat the system.  Sad but we will still have members reading this post still vote for the left.  

I'm really torn on this, I see both sides, and so I will say I'm undecided on my feelings about this program. However, the thing that is so aggravating for me is how hard it is to get accurate information when trying to learn about any topic that involves the slightest hint of politics. I spent some time trying to learn about the safe smoking kits, and I'm bombarded with "Free Crack Pipe" articles from sources I'm not familiar with, and I really had to dig to find out what is in a kit. Turns out that it's mostly safety and hygiene products that help stop the spread of illness and disease.

Again, I don't know that I agree we should be spending tax dollars on this, but it's stupid that people can make so much money by pushing the most extreme headlines and anyone who really wants to be informed on a topic have to dig through so much crap to get to the reasonable facts. I guess it's a fact of life that I need to get used to, there's always reward for bad people to do bad things. I don't have to like it, but perhaps I should just accept it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

Or better yet, work to change it :)

God I wish. I don't know that I have the time, energy or ability to change the fact that some of the worst people do the best in our society. The best I can do is try to keep a reasonably open mind, do the best with what I have, admit when I'm wrong, not be prideful when I'm right, and be happy in whatever outcome that gets me :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Splitear said:

God I wish. I don't know that I have the time, energy or ability to change the fact that some of the worst people do the best in our society. The best I can do is try to keep a reasonably open mind, do the best with what I have, admit when I'm wrong, not be prideful when I'm right, and be happy in whatever outcome that gets me :)

Take that radical commie crap back to Russia, comrade!

21 minutes ago, left field said:

Take that radical commie crap back to Russia, comrade!

Well, It isnt a perfect world, no doubt; in fact far from it.  But as history as proven , time and again, in these tried and failed utoupian social experiments centered on forcing equality (USSR, Cuba, Venezuala, China, etc.) , the alternative is far worse and, for that matter,is  altogether quite frightening :( 

I would like all news articles to be archived and all changes to it have to be noted. I hate that online news information and titles change without the changes being noted. I could link something and by the time someone else reads it it might not contain the same information.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH