My Daughters school is protesting mask mandates!

ApexerER

Email i sent to the principal this morning...

Good morning, 

This is Chris xxxxx, Father of Kayla xxxxx. 

My daughter Kayla was part of the mask protest yesterday at the high school.  I am proud of her for that and I made her aware that as long as she is respectful, I will have her back. 

It is my understanding that Kayla was marked absent yesterday even though she was on school grounds. Was this the case?  If it was, I would like an explanation. I would also like to know how in the case of an emergency such as a fire etc, would the kids that were marked absent be accounted for?  I assume there is a plan in place for such emergencies to make sure all kids are accounted for but you aren't going to be looking for kids that are absent. 

I would also like some clarification on whether or not the kids will be suspended if they did this again. My daughter Kayla was told she would be but when the news asked the question there seemed to be a different answer. 

You are welcome to email me back or contact me by phone (518) 339-xxxx

Thank you
Chris xxxxx

• Like 10

Good morning, 
  This is Chris xxxxx, Father of Kayla xxxxx.    My daughter Kayla was part of the mask protest yesterday at the high school.  I am proud of her for that and I made her aware that as long as she is respectful, I will have her back.    It is my understanding that Kayla was marked absent yesterday even though she was on school grounds. Was this the case?  If it was, I would like an explanation. I would also like to know how in the case of an emergency such as a fire etc, would the kids that were marked absent be accounted for?  I assume there is a plan in place for such emergencies to make sure all kids are accounted for but you aren't going to be looking for kids that are absent.    I would also like some clarification on whether or not the kids will be suspended if they did this again. My daughter Kayla was told she would be but when the news asked the question there seemed to be a different answer.    You are welcome to email me back or contact me by phone (518) 339-xxxx   Thank you Chris xxxxx  

Good morning, 
  This is Chris xxxxx, Father of Kayla xxxxx.    My daughter Kayla was part of the mask protest yesterday at the high school.  I am proud of her for that and I made her aware that as long as she is respectful, I will have her back.    It is my understanding that Kayla was marked absent yesterday even though she was on school grounds. Was this the case?  If it was, I would like an explanation. I would also like to know how in the case of an emergency such as a fire etc, would the kids that were marked absent be accounted for?  I assume there is a plan in place for such emergencies to make sure all kids are accounted for but you aren't going to be looking for kids that are absent.    I would also like some clarification on whether or not the kids will be suspended if they did this again. My daughter Kayla was told she would be but when the news asked the question there seemed to be a different answer.    You are welcome to email me back or contact me by phone (518) 339-xxxx   Thank you Chris xxxxx  

Did they protest on school grounds? If so I am hoping they were watched over by a staff member and not allowed to run amuck.

As far as being absent from class that's pretty cut and dry....you are either in class or you arent for that period....so for the classes she did attend I bet she was marked present.

Let us know what he says......and kudos to her for taking a stand about something she believes in.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Did they protest on school grounds? If so I am hoping they were watched over by a staff member and not allowed to run amuck.

As far as being absent from class that's pretty cut and dry....you are either in class or you arent for that period....so for the classes she did attend I bet she was marked present.

Let us know what he says......and kudos to her for taking a stand about something she believes in.

Yes, it was on school grounds, they were all herded into the library and then the gym.

There is a difference between being absent from class and absent from school.

• Like 2

that's awesome. honestly this defies logic. i get it that kids are less vaccinated. We all went through it though. my wife, 7yr old daughter, and i... we all ended up fine without being fully boosted and all. the mental damage and distraction from learning when they have to wear a mask i never saw coming. it doesn't make sense to keep them right now. it spread like wildfire with the strongest of mask mandates in place. also they're going everywhere else without one now so wearing one in school isn't doing much. hell my daughter was basically asymptomatic and likely isn't going to have this last variant again anyway. it's just said because whatever the intentions are now for keeping them aren't for the right reasons anymore in combating the virus.

• Like 1

Yes, it was on school grounds, they were all herded into the library and then the gym.
There is a difference between being absent from class and absent from school.
Side note......did your text switch to lower case too? No clue how mine did that if you were wondering while it tailed off like that.

1 hour ago, cachemoney said:

So protesting is ok now ? 

Protesting against masks  is ok, but protests against killing unarmed citizens by goverment agents is bad ?

It's may be weird to you but my daughter and her school managed to protest without burning anything, throwing things at cops, ruining businesses etc.

• Like 11

Kids are not wearing masks before or after school. They are not wearing them while hanging out with friends or at sleep overs and such. They now don't need to wear one while going to the mall, or dining out with their family. 

The social setbacks, and developmental issues to kids, from masks at school, has been well documented. The masks are doing nothing to stop the spread of Covid at school. Unmask the kids, and start getting back to whatever passes for normal these days. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, cachemoney said:

So protesting is ok now ? 

Protesting against masks  is ok, but protests against killing unarmed citizens by goverment agents is bad ?

3 hours ago, ApexerER said:

It's may be weird to you but my daughter and her school managed to protest without burning anything, throwing things at cops, ruining businesses etc.

Both people have very straightforward and correct statements, context should always apply though. 

This of course is a complex issue but something to remember and consider, teachers and principals have a job to do not rules to make. My wife is a principal at a special education program and I assure you she would rather all people in school who feel comfortable with not wearing a mask be allowed to do so. 

That said it's not her call. Very nice that high school students voice there opinions but if you really want to make a difference show up to your next school board meeting with every parent that you can muster up and that will make much more of a statement (trust your internet friend on this).

Kids are easy to dismiss which sucks saying but it's the truth. Two hundred parents at a school board meeting holds much more weight then two hundred students protesting at a school just my two cents. 

Kids and most teachers as well and most NOT ALL administrators feel the same around here. Unfortunately politics rule the day and many salaries and retirements. I'm not saying this is right at all but it is what it is.

Parents need to stand with students/children when they protest. 

Kids are not wearing masks before or after school. They are not wearing them while hanging out with friends or at sleep overs and such. They now don't need to wear one while going to the mall, or dining out with their family. 
The social setbacks, and developmental issues to kids, from masks at school, has been well documented. The masks are doing nothing to stop the spread of Covid at school. Unmask the kids, and start getting back to whatever passes for normal these days. 

I operate the clock for basketball games and was at a track meet in the armory (Manhattan) last weekend. The basketball players wear “chin diapers” and I watched the runners at track literally wearing their mask ON THEIR ELBOW when racing…but standing around and sitting in class they need to wear them. 1 6th grader is home on Q an doubt there are more than 10 cases in district. And yet still we wear them!
Follow the science!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2