My Daughters school is protesting mask mandates!

ApexerER

3 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

WNYTRPR, do you know why that happened? There were testing problems and instead of canceling the game they decided to wear masks. Trust me I get it but once again context matters. 

Great discussion about masks in schools let keep it there. With all do respect.

Yes I did know why .As a former Hockey Player ,I would not play like that . Olympics or not .

• Like 1

Yes I did know why .As a former Hockey Player ,I would not play like that . Olympics or not .

Please for a chance to play in the olympics you would wear pink panties on your head while playing if that’s what it took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Please for a chance to play in the olympics you would wear pink panties on your head while playing if that’s what it took.

Not even comparable.Id have no problem wearing pink panties on any part of my body .But the mask ,no thanks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Both people have very straightforward and correct statements, context should always apply though. 

This of course is a complex issue but something to remember and consider, teachers and principals have a job to do not rules to make. My wife is a principal at a special education program and I assure you she would rather all people in school who feel comfortable with not wearing a mask be allowed to do so. 

That said it's not her call. Very nice that high school students voice there opinions but if you really want to make a difference show up to your next school board meeting with every parent that you can muster up and that will make much more of a statement (trust your internet friend on this).

Kids are easy to dismiss which sucks saying but it's the truth. Two hundred parents at a school board meeting holds much more weight then two hundred students protesting at a school just my two cents. 

Kids and most teachers as well and most NOT ALL administrators feel the same around here. Unfortunately politics rule the day and many salaries and retirements. I'm not saying this is right at all but it is what it is.

Parents need to stand with students/children when they protest. 

So we have a group of parents who are showing up to the school board meetings ( which they switched to zoom meetings, and thats whole different story about people not being able to operate, or call in and be heard, and questions not being answered) and they are just deflecting the ability make a  decision. They say our superintendent has the obligation to follow the states guidance. But we keep on showing up, it is the best move. They know a group of us have had enough of the kids being in masks.  The pressure that we have applied has forced our superintendent to tell a parent on the phone that him following the guidelines has ensured them to receive a lot of money from the state. And that gives them a good reason to keep up the mask mandate. Which the parent replied "Is that in the best interest of the kids? " His son's have been quarantined so much from a possible exposure from the school bus in January they only had 3 days of school. And they didn't have the covid.

It a tough situation, us parents need to speak up for our children. 

Not even comparable.Id have no problem wearing pink panties on any part of my body .But the mask ,no thanks.

You can say what you want, but any true competitor… for a change to play in the olympics would wear the mask.

Both people have very straightforward and correct statements, context should always apply though. 
This of course is a complex issue but something to remember and consider, teachers and principals have a job to do not rules to make. My wife is a principal at a special education program and I assure you she would rather all people in school who feel comfortable with not wearing a mask be allowed to do so. 
That said it's not her call. Very nice that high school students voice there opinions but if you really want to make a difference show up to your next school board meeting with every parent that you can muster up and that will make much more of a statement (trust your internet friend on this).
Kids are easy to dismiss which sucks saying but it's the truth. Two hundred parents at a school board meeting holds much more weight then two hundred students protesting at a school just my two cents. 
Kids and most teachers as well and most NOT ALL administrators feel the same around here. Unfortunately politics rule the day and many salaries and retirements. I'm not saying this is right at all but it is what it is.
Parents need to stand with students/children when they protest. 
Honestly a couple school districts here have different groups of parents that are just getting the run around trying to voice their concerns. I totally get where you're coming from with district admin but strongly disagree the kids didn't make a difference. There was over a hundred kids they can't turn away. It was all over more than just the local news. If school districts had kids show up like this in mass they have reason to address nys ed and request direction stating current mandate can't be enforced without severe concern. Nys isn't going to start failing hundreds or thousands of students. That destroys their national image and credibility they can manage the school system. Nys can't reprimand district and withhold funding if it goes down that way. Kids can make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 3