Turned into a very expensive weekend

moog5050

Picking up the new sxs tomorrow.

And to my surprise, I signed a contract on a new home today.  Didn’t really think they would accept my offer.  Love the house and good deal considering the market.  I think I blame @Biz-R-OWorld for this one.  Awaiting attorney approval - guess I don’t count. 

I better get back to a hunting obsession - way cheaper Lol

274673B5-8F93-4D52-8E41-08D123CD4F3A.png

6AA0DE5C-D871-40D5-8380-37945F732E1D.png

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Picking up the new sxs tomorrow.
And to my surprise, I signed a contract on a new home today.  Didn’t really think they would accept my offer.  Love the house and good deal considering the market.  I think I blame [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] for this one.  Awaiting attorney approval - guess I don’t count. 
I better get back to a hunting obsession - way cheaper Lol

274673B5-8F93-4D52-8E41-08D123CD4F3A.thumb.png.3e11504af347d311f3d768156447b9c5.png
6AA0DE5C-D871-40D5-8380-37945F732E1D.thumb.png.ae9e0d5ed52d827d55d010e2d4d0a89d.png
Early lead for top purchases of the year award! CONGRATS on both purchases.

Thought you were in the process of building a house??

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Thanks all.  I was planning to build but it priced out crazy high and the taxes were insane.  So i released the lot and got a refund on the deposit.  Glad I did.  This is a better lot and taxes are $9k less per year than what I was quoted for the new build.  Plus the house is 400sf bigger with a finished walkout and tons of hard scrape.   Built in 97 but everything was updated in the last few years.   Looking forward to the new place but not the move!

• Like 9

Sounds like you did real well with finding an existing house.  I can't imagine trying to do a new build now, with the hyper-inflation that we are seeing.   I couldn't believe the cost of building materials at Home Depot last week, when I picked up some electrical stuff, to finish up the wiring of my pole barn.   You also saved the headaches involved in trying to find workers who are willing to work construction.  I have never seen it as bad as it is right now for that.  One things for sure, corners are going to be cut, to get the jobs done.  You were very fortunate to find a house built back when the economy was sound, even if the layout might not be exactly as you would have preferred.    

• Like 1