Glock Perfection!!!!

Lawdwaz

I'm thinking about getting a new Glock, maybe a 10mm, maybe a 45ACP or even a 9mm.....NOT a 40mm or 380ACP.  Years ago I had a Model 19 and then a Model 27.  Sold both along the way and don't (didn't) miss them.  The Model 19 in a more recent Generation could trip my trigger though... :)

Model 20 or 21 is where I'm at now but could end up with nothing or something.  This time of year seems to be when I acquire handguns. 

• Like 1

I’ve been eyeing a few , Glock 40 and a gen 4 20 in 10 mm. My big mitts fit  the Glock grips so well . But having said that , what I really want is a 10mm revolver. Almost bought a 4 inch 610 Smith tonight actually . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Every American man needs a Glock 26!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the 27 for a number of years, sold it when I got the Sig 365.  I handled the Sig 365 XL yesterday, it felt great in my hand.   Also finger banged a Hellcat….almost as nice as the 365.   Almost

18 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I had the 27 for a number of years, sold it when I got the Sig 365.  I handled the Sig 365 XL yesterday, it felt great in my hand.   Also finger banged a Hellcat….almost as nice as the 365.   Almost

The P365XL feels like a totally different gun over the P365. If you liked the P365, then I would get the P365XL. Myself, I like hammer fired over the striker fired so I just picked up an older hard to find P239. It’s about the same size as the P365XL. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I like my 19, but only with 15 round mags , 10 rounds and I’m going to a smaller gun . Which reminds me I need to hit some guns shops down here .

One word.....Sig P365XL

:)

Correct me if I'm wrong; with Glock, being a retired FF you could buy a "blue box" at a significant discount?  Do other manufacturers have similar discounts?

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

One word.....Sig P365XL

:)

Correct me if I'm wrong; with Glock, being a retired FF you could buy a "blue box" at a significant discount?  Do other manufacturers have similar discounts?

Sig does. They sell discounted firearms to first responders. In fact, I know of 2 dealers out of state that will ship to NY with no tax and the discount. 

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking about getting a new Glock, maybe a 10mm, maybe a 45ACP or even a 9mm.....NOT a 40mm or 380ACP.  Years ago I had a Model 19 and then a Model 27.  Sold both along the way and don't (didn't) miss them.  The Model 19 in a more recent Generation could trip my trigger though...
Model 20 or 21 is where I'm at now but could end up with nothing or something.  This time of year seems to be when I acquire handguns. 

I had a 21. Like Nomad, with 10 round mags, I wanted something smaller. Have a 30sf now and like it. I find myself carrying it owb working outside and that kind of thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

The hellcat is on sale at runnings with the laser attachment

• Like 1

Recoil impulse difference from 9 to 40 is very noticeable in the baby glocks. I’m not recoil sensitive but don’t enjoy shooting 40 through a 27. I don’t think the 40 cal barrel has been in my 27 in 10 years.

I’ve owned every new micro 9 that’s came out in the last few years but other than Rugers max-9 they’ve all went down the road for some reason or another and a 26 stays on my belt.

I always pictured you as more of a Springfield guy. An XDS 45 would be a sweet piece.
I've had my XDS 45 for probably 6-7 years now, I love it. Only perceived negative is limited capacity, if that worries someone, it's not a huge deal to me. Surprisingly it shoots really well, a lot tamer than you'd think and perfect size for carry in my opinion. I've got the xD 45 compact also, more capacity, but now it's a bulkier gun. That's typically my woods walking gun as I'm not worried about concealment there. I've got the SA 1911 "Loaded" A1 stainless in 45 also, beauty of a gun but she rarely comes out of the safe. Come to think of it maybe I am a Springfield guy...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk