Glock Perfection!!!!

Lawdwaz

6 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

One word.....Sig P365XL

:)

Correct me if I'm wrong; with Glock, being a retired FF you could buy a "blue box" at a significant discount?  Do other manufacturers have similar discounts?

Yep , I think I paid around $400 .

I believe there are others that do as well

2 hours ago, Waterfowler said:

You could also pick up a Gen 3 or 4 a little cheaper. The Gen 5 is nice though, biggest improvements are ambidextrous slide stop, flared mag well, little better trigger, front serrations on slide. I’m a big Glock guy, love them

No Gen 5 for the Glock 21.  I'd opt for the Gen 4 with the changeable back straps and other upgrades over the Gen 3.

3 hours ago, Waterfowler said:

Pretty sure it is a Glock specific discount:

Blue label is a Glock program for military , LE, FD ,Ems , DA , court, jail and on and on .

other manufacturers have their own program for those fields, none as broad as Glocks program though .

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Blue label is a Glock program for military , LE, FD ,Ems , DA , court, jail and on and on .

other manufacturers have their own program for those fields, none as broad as Glocks program though .

Sig has an Armed Professional Program. 

Active or Retired Law Enforcement

Court Officers

State / County / City Coroners

First Responders including FD and EMS

Active Duty Military 

Retired Military

Active Reservists

Active National Guard

NRA Certified Firearms Instructors

• Like 1

A deal has been struck.........Nature's Prize had the model I wanted, the young man that waited on me was pleasant and easy to work with and the price was great.  Now I just have to sneak out of work tomorrow or Friday for a quick (dreaded) run downtown to the County building to have it put on my permit.  Then I'll buzz back out and pick it up at my leisure.

I got the G21 Gen 4......I considered the G20 10mm but between the higher cost and less abundant ammunition and increased recoil, I decided on the 45acp.  If I decided I had to scratch the 10mm itch, you can get a 10mm barrel for the 21.

• Like 2

A deal has been struck.........Nature's Prize had the model I wanted, the young man that waited on me was pleasant and easy to work with and the price was great.  Now I just have to sneak out of work tomorrow or Friday for a quick (dreaded) run downtown to the County building to have it put on my permit.  Then I'll buzz back out and pick it up at my leisure.
I got the G21 Gen 4......I considered the G20 10mm but between the higher cost and less abundant ammunition and increased recoil, I decided on the 45acp.  If I decided I had to scratch the 10mm itch, you can get a 10mm barrel for the 21.

What about a Jerkman grip?

@The Jerkman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have only two Glocks at this point, an original 43 that is my summer time carry and G20 that take with me to Alaska and in Griz county in the lower 48.

2 glocks for me too…. The 43 and 48. I really thought I would hate the 48 but I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/16/2022 at 8:34 PM, Lawdwaz said:

I picked up a 22 revolver last week. In and out of erie county building in less than 10 minutes.  Quickest I've ever had.

4 minutes ago, kpkot said:

I picked up a 22 revolver last week. In and out of erie county building in less than 10 minutes.  Quickest I've ever had.

I went yesterday around 11:30am and it was quick, not as quick as yours but close.  Ran out to Nature's Prize after work and picked it up.  I'm planning on shooting it tomorrow.

What .22 did you get and from where??

They’re pretty similar right?  I was looking at 43x or 48.  You notice any difference in accuracy or carry? 

So the 43x and the 48 are very similar the 48 just has a longer slide.

The 43 has a shorter slide and frame than the 48 and the x.

So other than width they are not all that similar… the cool thing is I can take the slide off of the 48 and put on the 43 and I now have a 43x.

The 43 was inherited and will most likely get sold at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I went yesterday around 11:30am and it was quick, not as quick as yours but close.  Ran out to Nature's Prize after work and picked it up.  I'm planning on shooting it tomorrow.

What .22 did you get and from where??

Dan Wesson. I just shot it today. Fun. Johnsons in lockportimagejpeg951.thumb.jpg.f009b2a5df4693f2f1dfcf8aaf28670e.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Nice piece!  If I recall correctly you're a Dan Wesson fan...? 

Is that an older gun?

Yes I've been collecting a few over the years. Serial numbers date it to late 70s. Original box came with it but not original grips.

9 hours ago, kpkot said:

Dan Wesson. I just shot it today. Fun. Johnsons in lockportimagejpeg951.thumb.jpg.f009b2a5df4693f2f1dfcf8aaf28670e.jpg

Can you share anymore details on this like caliber and price? What’s the barrel length? I’m not looking, but I’m just curious. That is a work of art. 

Edited by NonTypical

8 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Can you share anymore details on this like caliber and price? What’s the barrel length? I’m not looking, but I’m just curious. That is a work of art. 

He said it’s a .22 caliber and I’d guess 8” barrel.   

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Correct 8" barrel and 22 LR. It's so heavy and over-built its like shooting a cap gun. 

13 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

$550 which I thought was a good price. Some of the pistol packs they made are going for crazy money on gun broker.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Haha. Thanks. I missed that. My reading comprehension sucks in the morning. 

14 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Correct 8" barrel and 22 LR. It's so heavy and over-built its like shooting a cap gun. 

$550 which I thought was a good price. Some of the pistol packs they made are going for crazy money on gun broker.

Sounds like a great price. Congrats and enjoy. 

• Like 1