Fred Bear Yukon Adventure for Grizzly and Mountain Goat.

Grouse

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

A Bear Grizzly was my first recurve back in the 70’s.   Hunted with it but never killed anything.  I don’t recall for sure want to say it was 45# draw at 28”

Would you have been willing to potentially just piss off a big grizzly with a poor shot?  Not to mention hunting from the ground.  lol  NOT ME!

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Would you have been willing to potentially just piss off a big grizzly with a poor shot?  Not to mention hunting from the ground.  lol  NOT ME!

IIRC Bear hunted polar bear 3 times with the guide shooting the bear on charges, connecting on the 4th try having the bear succumbing to the bow shot.

And thats not a knock, chasing dangerous game with a old school bow takes more balls then I got. Standing there with a rifle makes you feel like a toothpick is in your hands when big game gets serious, standing there with a pointy stick puts it all on the guide. It might not help, but at least I can do something even if its just in my own mind.

• Like 1