Syracuse here I come

crappyice

My crew kid is meeting with Syracuse coach and team Saturday morning for a college visit. We are staying close to SU. Where must I eat and grab a cocktail?

I wish we could stay for the SU basketball game but going to swing through Binghamton on the way home Saturday as his twin brother wants to check that out as well. We Need to be home Saturday night he has States for shot putt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

If going to SU first-time then the Dinasaur is a must if you like Bar-b-Q.  It's legendary to the area.

There are several bars on what they call "The Hill"  (You will soon know what this means) that the students frequent.  Faegans is one of the better ones if you'd like to see where your kid will hang out.

SU Trivia

What sport does Jim Brown hold all the records in at Syracuse and was legendary in?  (Hint:  Not Football)

Lacrosse     It's not unusual to see pictures of him with a lacrosse stick around Syracuse

OK, on Dino BBQ, especially if you have never been.   Right across the street is Apizza Regionale, same owner, and great pizzas!   Highly recommend, not far from campus, it’s right downtown.  

If here for dinner, Pastabilities is solid, their Chicken Riggie dish was just mentioned on some list as one of the best pasta dishes in NYS. 

On campus be sure to visit Varsity Pizza, good pizza and wings and a SU tradition.  Slices are always ready and if there is a long line it moves fast.   It is in the same block as Faegan’s.  Been there forever with not many changes.   Acropolis is also good, but will be closing soon to become some national chain.  

• Like 3

Awesome guys! I appreciate all your suggestions which are making my kid even more fired up to visit.

I wish we had more time..but not for that Lax sport!!!! Baseball only come spring time!!!

Jim Brown…I’ll guess shot putt or curling!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Awesome guys! I appreciate all your suggestions which are making my kid even more fired up to visit.

I wish we had more time..but not for that Lax sport!!!! Baseball only come spring time!!!

Jim Brown…I’ll guess shot putt or curling!

Have fun!!

The ale and Angus as above is def good for lunch/burgers. And then mother cupboard for breakfast. It was on man vs food.

Lots of unique things in and around Syracuse. Turning stone 1/2 hr away, the Amphitheater, NY state fair, the Dome and SU basketball, Destiny mall, Syracuse crunch hockey, Syracuse Mets baseball, the hill with Coleman's and Kitty Hoynes etc, lots of festivals, the St Patty's parade, in Chitt (20 min away)the Wild is pretty neat and they are expanding big time.

But like any city these days there is an increase in crime esp inner city.

I've had the start of a couple of fun nights out there at Dinosaur. Went to eat there with a bunch in a limo once for a bachelor party for a wedding I was in. Got one of the waitresses to hit on the groom and she sat on his lap and licked his face. Lol

It almost went bad when one of the guys got out of the limo and bumped into a bike and there was a line of 30 Harleys he could have knocked down. We would've been dead for sure if he didn't catch it last second.

Enjoy!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If going to SU first-time then the Dinasaur is a must if you like Bar-b-Q.  It's legendary to the area.
There are several bars on what they call "The Hill"  (You will soon know what this means) that the students frequent.  Faegans is one of the better ones if you'd like to see where your kid will hang out.
SU Trivia
What sport does Jim Brown hold all the records in at Syracuse and was legendary in?  (Hint:  Not Football)
Lacrosse     It's not unusual to see pictures of him with a lacrosse stick around Syracuse

What Records in Lax?
A good friend of mine has a sport junky kid go to SU. They know of no records that he has for any of the three other sports he played (decathlon, lax(booo!), basketball)

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

What Records in Lax?
A good friend of mine has a sport junky kid go to SU. They know of no records that he has for any of the three other sports he played (decathlon, lax(booo!), basketball)

Wow Crappy. Let’s not be so hard on Bashing lax season. Lol.  Baseball isn’t worth watching until the playoffs. Season is about 60 games to long. Are they even going to have a baseball season this year??

Wow Crappy. Let’s not be so hard on Bashing lax season. Lol.  Baseball isn’t worth watching until the playoffs. Season is about 60 games to long. Are they even going to have a baseball season this year??

I’ll start watching MLB regularly in September.
My son’s baseball training started in January and thats the only season I really care about starting on time (March 14). They have a good chance of making a nice run for school this year.
Lacrosse is fine…lacrosse parents I could do without!!!!! Too many sweaters over the shoulder and wives names Miffy!!! Hahaha

• Haha 1

See what happens when you get old.  Things change as Jimbo was a legend in his time.   I can't say I kept up on Syracuse LAX

Jim Brown, Lacrosse, 1955-57 - Syracuse University Athletics

I watched football in Archbold stadium and likely still have the splinters in my butt from it.  The Carrier Dome was a big improvement.

Crappy

I've had kids in multiple sports as well as my brothers.  The behavior on the kids is generally great.  The behavior on the parents is often not and it had nothing to do with their names or dress.