Jekyll Island trip

REDNECK4LIFE32

Stopped in Jersey then Maryland and in Virginia for gas and coffee. Now at first rest area in north Carolina for some rest. The interstates are packed and cops are out in force. A bit windy and cold 29 here in just outside skippers. Trip going well so far. Still close to 7 hours when we get going again we'll get to go breakfast and stop in hardeeville SC for lunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Well got alittle rest. Ready to get back on road hopefully it warms up 24 right now. Stretching out back and legs. 

We’re a bit south of your destination, today is cool only 69, the coming week where we are sunny mid 70s - 80 , so I’d imagine you’ll be good . Enjoy !

living where we do , we go west to Erie, then south through Pittsburg,West Virginia etc . Way less traffic and perhaps saw a hand full of cops running traffic details . Mrs Nomad did pass an unmarked one in a speed zone …..

727CF28C-1DDF-4FC9-B191-9BFAA5B2780B.png

• Like 1

Looks like fun!  My good friend loves the island and bought and fixed up this place not long ago…

https://www.jekyllonmymind.com/?fbclid=IwAR1yzkMOICzXZBkQRWUopHGizwhWQnc66I6N4ui5qEHxgGzJW9dsGZZJoc0

He keeps inviting me down.  Just the other day he was talking to his neighbor and somehow my name was brought up…his neighbor knew me from my Massena travels…small world!

(Just arrived home from camping out in west falls….cool view of the “snow moon” last evening….crazy whiteout conditions all the way home!  You picked a nice time to escape!)

DE31FE33-C571-412C-8A8E-F68BC8373537.jpeg

What a mess in hardeeville SC at chicken licken. Surprised I still have appetite. After rest area stop was driving didn't somebody's dog get loose on median on I 95 as soon I passed the person behind hit the dog as it went to cross Rd. Me and my kids seen it. Just a mess beautiful looking dog man I feel for the owner. Just hope I can get that image out of my head and my kids. Now just hoping to enjoy our trip. Backed up traffic has made our trip longer but will be there soon enough.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, dinorocks said:

Looks like fun!  My good friend loves the island and bought and fixed up this place not long ago…

https://www.jekyllonmymind.com/?fbclid=IwAR1yzkMOICzXZBkQRWUopHGizwhWQnc66I6N4ui5qEHxgGzJW9dsGZZJoc0

He keeps inviting me down.  Just the other day he was talking to his neighbor and somehow my name was brought up…his neighbor knew me from my Massena travels…small world!

(Just arrived home from camping out in west falls….cool view of the “snow moon” last evening….crazy whiteout conditions all the way home!  You picked a nice time to escape!)

DE31FE33-C571-412C-8A8E-F68BC8373537.jpeg

Yes the moon was beautiful last night during our travels. All was good till around ridgeland south Carolina had a hour wait but made it through arrived at 4 pm after 20 plus hours. Glad you made it home safe. I'm gonna relax and fish and take it all in.

Well went and washed my off my car today and hit st Simons island to see a few buddies. Went to pier and picked up stuff from bait shop. Beautiful day sunny 70. Now on beach in Jekyll Island just cracked a cold one. Nice and peaceful on beach. Got buddies coming over tonight he's the owner of condo. Either grabbing a pie from sal's on st Simons. He was a professional boxer from NYC. Or going to hit Tortuga Jack's for Mexican. Life is good.

IMG_20220221_154554317.jpg

IMG_20220221_154600034.jpg

IMG_20220221_154609444.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Well went and washed my off my car today and hit st Simons island to see a few buddies. Went to pier and picked up stuff from bait shop. Beautiful day sunny 70. Now on beach in Jekyll Island just cracked a cold one. Nice and peaceful on beach. Got buddies coming over tonight he's the owner of condo. Either grabbing a pie from sal's on st Simons. He was a professional boxer from NYC. Or going to hit Tortuga Jack's for Mexican. Life is good.

IMG_20220221_154554317.jpg

IMG_20220221_154600034.jpg

IMG_20220221_154609444.jpg

Smooth as glass

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Pretty looking beach…any fish hitting the sand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No luck fishing yet. People said might get a stray whiting to bite but they said the fishing really gets good in April. They said great tarpon fishing here. Fished from buddies dock on brackish creek no luck but we will try again today.