Eagles of Onondaga

Fletch

I am always amazed when I come here. I only spotted 40 Eagles today!! There were 60-80 a week ago. If you get the chance it is a spectacular sight. You can’t see this many Bald Eagles anywhere besides Alaska.

5883fa7ae1e73f1af2faff8dd6e09312.jpg

On top of that hundreds of ducks, swans etc….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In the lake in winter the warm water outlet at the water treatment plant keeps a small area open even in the coldest temperatures. This brings in lots of fish which is why at times close to 100 Eagles winter here. It’s something to see an Eagle or two. It’s another to see this many. They catch lots of fish. That is why they are here it’s a fish buffet.
I’m surprised they don’t eat duck!

• Like 1

In the lake in winter the warm water outlet at the water treatment plant keeps a small area open even in the coldest temperatures. This brings in lots of fish which is why at times close to 100 Eagles winter here. It’s something to see an Eagle or two. It’s another to see this many. They catch lots of fish. That is why they are here it’s a fish buffet.
I’m surprised they don’t eat duck!

I'm sure a few ducks are harmed there every year, don't see how it can't happen from time to time. I kayaked to the wooded area they sit in a few springs ago on the lake. It smelled horrid, there were thousands of half eaten shad carcasses littering the ground from the winter.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk