2 Weatherby Rifles For Sale!!

Weatherby CUSTOM Mark V Deluxe Rifle. .300 Weatherby Magnum Caliber. Purchased new Dec. 9, 1967 ( 45 years old ) Have original bill of sales! Traded in three Wearherby Mark V Deluxe rifles and cash to obtain. Babied, hardly used, excellent condition. Manuf. in West Germany. California Mesquite deluxe grade stock, hand carved basket weave checkering, butt stock inlay, two forearm inlays, engraved gold mongram inlay on underside of forearm. White diamond inlay on the rosewood pistol grip cap with maplewood spacers. Rosewood fore-arm tip with maplewood spacers. Deluxe German engraved floor plate and trigger guard with silver whitetail deer on floor plate and silver pronghorn antelope on trigger guard. glass bedded 24" barrel and action. Fully checkered bolt knob, hand honed action, damascened bolt and follower, high lustre polished blued barrel and action. Topped with Leuplod 2x7 Vari- XII Golden Ring Scope with 2 piece deluxe Buehler ( high Gloss blued polished ) Rings & Bases.

$ 5,400.00

Weatherby LAZERMARK Mark V Deluxe Rifle. .30-06 Caliber. Purchased new Jan. 16, 1993. Less than one box of ammo fired ( just to sight in ). Excellent condition. Deluxe grade fancy walnut stock with Lazer generated Oak Leaf checkering with black out background. White diamond inlay on the rosewood pistol grip cap with maplewood spacers. Rosewood fore-arm tip with maplewood spacers. 24" high lustre polished blued barrel and action. Topped with Leupold 3x9 Vari- II Golden Ring Scope with 2 piece deluxe Buehler ( high Gloss Blued polished ) Rings & Bases.

$ 2,400.00

* Take them both together for $7,500.00 *

* PICTURES UPON REQUEST *

• 1 month later...

Weatherby CUSTOM Mark V Deluxe Rifle. .300 Weatherby Magnum Caliber. Purchased new Dec. 9, 1967 ( 45 years old ) Have original bill of sales! Traded in three Wearherby Mark V Deluxe rifles and cash to obtain. Babied, hardly used, excellent condition. Manuf. in West Germany. California Mesquite deluxe grade stock, hand carved basket weave checkering, butt stock inlay, two forearm inlays, engraved gold mongram inlay on underside of forearm. White diamond inlay on the rosewood pistol grip cap with maplewood spacers. Rosewood fore-arm tip with maplewood spacers. Deluxe German engraved floor plate and trigger guard with silver whitetail deer on floor plate and silver pronghorn antelope on trigger guard. glass bedded 24" barrel and action. Fully checkered bolt knob, hand honed action, damascened bolt and follower, high lustre polished blued barrel and action. Topped with Leuplod 2x7 Vari- XII Golden Ring Scope with 2 piece deluxe Buehler ( high Gloss blued polished ) Rings & Bases.

$ 5,400.00

Weatherby LAZERMARK Mark V Deluxe Rifle. .30-06 Caliber. Purchased new Jan. 16, 1993. Less than one box of ammo fired ( just to sight in ). Excellent condition. Deluxe grade fancy walnut stock with Lazer generated Oak Leaf checkering with black out background. White diamond inlay on the rosewood pistol grip cap with maplewood spacers. Rosewood fore-arm tip with maplewood spacers. 24" high lustre polished blued barrel and action. Topped with Leupold 3x9 Vari- II Golden Ring Scope with 2 piece deluxe Buehler ( high Gloss Blued polished ) Rings & Bases.

$ 2,400.00

* Take them both together for $7,500.00 *

* PICTURES UPON REQUEST *

Pics attached.

post-871-0-63842000-1340630361_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-55782500-1340630367_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-41564900-1340630373_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-03025700-1340630380_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-99344700-1340630385_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-09736300-1340630392_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-10558100-1340630398_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-78448200-1340630403_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-34858100-1340630408_thumb.jpg

Iv been an active Weatherby shooter and collector for over 20 years. My Father was a Weatherby collector for a very long time (His first Weatherby which wasn't even called a Weatherby at that time was a custom job done by none other then Roy Weatherby in the mid 1940's) and I was left his magnificent collection. If you are looking to move these rifles the first thing you need to do is drop the price significantly. I do not intend for this to sound disrespectful but your prices are so over priced its ridiculous. I don't know what you paid (I don't want to know either) but those prices are waaay to high. I have picked up Weatherby Customs out of the Safari shop and they have cost me half of what you are charging for a Mark V Deluxe Custom 300wbm. In my honest opinion. Id say 2500-3000 takes both. Even that is a lot. Best of luck and enjoy.

No problem. They are my Dad's. The 1967 one is like brand new and includes all the customized engravings, etc. When bought in 67', they turned in 3 weatherby rifles and paid additional cash. I know my Dad is offering less than what they were appraised at, by Gun Dealers, etc.

But your opinion of $2500-$3K taking both? haha, thats ridiculous. A brand new Mark V Lazermark is like $2500+ without a scope, etc. So the 30-06 at $2400 with a scope is a pretty good deal. It's never been in the woods!

Guns aren't that great of an investment these days and can be very dificult to sell, especially the higher end ones. I've tried and it can be difficult, at best.

Guns International is a good place to peruse to get some ideas of what similar guns are going for.

He's not trying to make money on them....They just sit in a gun safe, if they sell he'll take the $ and go on a Grizzly or Mountain Goat hunt. If the price isn't right, he won't sell them. They were his Dad's guns and the 300 has my grandfather's name engraved in it and everything. He won't give them away for less than they are worth. This was a free way to put them for sale. No big deal......the pics do these gun no justice, I took the pics on my cell phone. These guns are flawless.

I dont know much what guns are worth, etc....but simple research I did shows that brand new guns of these style cost more than he is asking and there is no difference between a new gun and these guns since they have barely been shot. In fact, these guns come with pretty decent scopes as well.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I have seen ads for like brand new on the -06 model for between 1,300 and 1,600. ..no optics. Those are asking prices.

A brand new one is $2600 if I remember correctly without optics....this is brand new one with optics for $2,400....sounds like a good way to save $750+ after tax and optics is included, no?

• 1 month later...

Couldn't get PM to work....see below:

The guns are my Dad's, so I called and spoke with him. A new one would be $2600+tax and the scope would cost $300+rings/bases.

Anyway, my Dad said the lowest he would go is $2,200 cash, and will even throw 5 full boxes of 30-06 factory ammo (Remington 180grain corelokt pointed softpoint) + 2 more bullets. 18 rounds in total were shot through this gun.

Where are you located?

• 3 weeks later...

Final sale was $2200 for rifle & scope. 104 rounds of ammo was throw in for free. Buyer paid additional $110 for FFL fees and shipping/insurance fees.

$2,310 total sale price.

For those who thought it was over-priced, I guess not.

Iv been an active Weatherby shooter and collector for over 20 years. My Father was a Weatherby collector for a very long time (His first Weatherby which wasn't even called a Weatherby at that time was a custom job done by none other then Roy Weatherby in the mid 1940's) and I was left his magnificent collection. If you are looking to move these rifles the first thing you need to do is drop the price significantly. I do not intend for this to sound disrespectful but your prices are so over priced its ridiculous. I don't know what you paid (I don't want to know either) but those prices are waaay to high. I have picked up Weatherby Customs out of the Safari shop and they have cost me half of what you are charging for a Mark V Deluxe Custom 300wbm. In my honest opinion. Id say 2500-3000 takes both. Even that is a lot. Best of luck and enjoy.

I meant the guy with the above quote, not you. As a self-proclaimed "Weatherby Collector", he says they are "so over-priced its ridiculous" and that "$2500-$3000 takes them both and even that is a lot".

Meanwhile, I got many messages from members regarding the $5400 gun and how they wish they had the $, because they would buy it in a second and how the gun is very very special.

The $2,400 gun sold for $2,200 + shipping. So I guess that means the $5400 gun should sell for $300 or less, right?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1- They are over priced, well at least the price you had them listed for.

2- Your immaturity level and ignorance is pathetic.

3- You are ridiculous jerk off to actually come at me in a thread because you didnt like what I had to say,

4- "Self Proclaimed Weatherby collector" Look kid, I could care less what you think, or what you think you know, but purchasing used firearms is like anything else, right time, right place combined with knowledge of what you are buying. Im not gonna say that whomever bought for those rifles from you was ripped off, but with a bit of research a bit of patience they could of been purchased for WAY under that price. I am astonished that you actually PM'ed me to tell me you sold them for what you asked. Pathetic.