Crossbows are NOT more accurate than Compounds

fasteddie

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Try hunting from the ground and you'll rarely return to a tree. The satisfaction and adrenaline rush is euphoric 

I like hunting from the ground, but only when there are no other hunters within a few miles.  If there are, then I am a lot more comfortable 5 to 10 ft up.  That way, I don’t have to worry at all about getting shot, or shooting someone else by mistake.  At least on the pancake-flat ground, like we have at home.

I did manage to kill one from the ground last year, up in the Dacks.  That was my first deer from the ground in a few years. Even though it was a doe, it was a lot more exiting than the two bucks that I killed at home from up in a tree last year.  

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

Like shooting a deer with a vertical bow..........

I have killed about the same number with a crossbow, as I have with a vertical bow, and they all felt the same.  So did those that I killed with my shotguns,  rifle, and ML.  Meat is Meat, but it is a little more exciting for me, down on the ground, regardless of the weapon.  

• Like 1

Once every five years? Ill stick to the canopy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It could be every year. Depends on what you’re looking for. I’m not sure Belo has ever even hunted with a gun from The ground

I like hunting from the ground, but only when there are no other hunters within a few miles.  If there are, then I am a lot more comfortable 5 to 10 ft up.  That way, I don’t have to worry at all about getting shot, or shooting someone else by mistake.  At least on the pancake-flat ground, like we have at home.
I did manage to kill one from the ground last year, up in the Dacks.  That was my first deer from the ground in a few years. Even though it was a doe, it was a lot more exiting than the two bucks that I killed at home from up in a tree last year.  

Good point on the pancake ground. Around me it’s tough to walk more than 100yds and not disappear from the next person from terrain change

18 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

My father said the same thing when compound bows started to make all the advancements... I believe everyone should do thier own thing and be proud.

I hope my post didn't come across saying otherwise. Again, my thoughts are mostly around preserving the sport and its heritage, not that some don't and shouldn't enjoy a crossbow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

At some point, they really need some new records in the juke box in this place. So there's only so many times you can hear the same song over and over before your eyes bleed and you put your fingers over your ears and starT screaming " LALALALALALALALALALA".

At least Hunter Orange got put to bed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I hope my post didn't come across saying otherwise. Again, my thoughts are mostly around preserving the sport and its heritage, not that some don't and shouldn't enjoy a crossbow. 

So you hunt with a handmade recurve? Or a 300+fps compound with sights and a release? Lol, idc what anyone uses.... good effective weapons for fast efficient kills. Much like the rest of the posts everyone is entitled to thier own choices.

20 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

At least Hunter Orange got put to bed.  

Did it? Are you sure? I'll bet a quarter it gets brought up again ( an it won't be me ). I have found there's only so many things some people talk about around here, and they run out of topics and start the circle over again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

So you hunt with a handmade recurve? Or a 300+fps compound with sights and a release? Lol, idc what anyone uses.... good effective weapons for fast efficient kills. Much like the rest of the posts everyone is entitled to thier own choices.

I stated what I hunt with.

So gun season from 10/1 through Christmas? Is that what you're advocating? 

Edited by Belo

51 minutes ago, Belo said:

I stated what I hunt with.

So gun season from 10/1 through Christmas? Is that what you're advocating? 

I'm not advocating anything. I'm pointing out things I see that are goofy. We were talking about various types of arrow flingers. I didn't see anything about firearms?

On 2/25/2022 at 3:34 PM, Kmartinson said:

I'm not advocating anything. I'm pointing out things I see that are goofy. We were talking about various types of arrow flingers. I didn't see anything about firearms?

I don't think you can make a statement that you want the most efficient weapon to be used as an argument for implementing crossbows. The whole notion behind that would just eliminate the archery season entirely because there is zero debate that a firearm is a more effective and efficient killing tool. One might argue that some archers take more ethical shots, but that's another topic.

So I don't think anything is goofy about that question. If you want full inclusion of crossbows you cannot use the fact that they are a more effective and efficient killing machine. That's the slippery slope that gun owners argue about. First they come for your extended mags, then they come for your scary black rifles. When do they stop? Why not just ban all archery because guns are better?

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

I don't think you can make a statement that you want the most efficient weapon to be used as an argument for implementing crossbows. The whole notion behind that would just eliminate the archery season entirely because there is zero debate that a firearm is a more effective and efficient killing tool. One might argue that some archers take more ethical shots, but that's another topic.

So I don't think anything is goofy about that question. If you want full inclusion of crossbows you cannot use the fact that they are a more effective and efficient killing machine. That's the slippery slope that gun owners argue about. First they come for your extended mags, then they come for your scary black rifles. When do they stop? Why not just ban all archery because guns are better?

I didn't. I'm more efficient with my new bow. I was saying everyone griping about crossbows sound like my dad griping about compounds 30+years ago. Sorry if my statement was confusing. I never said guns during archery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1