Turkey Hunting Success Thread

nygooseduster26

Congrats!

I had the best opener ever!!...too much to tell but at one point I had 5 Toms coming in at once...live hens strolling through...and this boy on the ground...20 #'s...tad over 1in. spurs and a ten in. beard...got him home dropped on picnic table and Toms sounded off where I'd just come from...lol.....Poured all night and most of morning...

• Like 2

i stuck it out in the rain early am and didnt have much activity so i moved my blind about 8:20 a few hundred yards over to a different field and an hour later i called in 3 big toms, they actually surprised me cuz i only got a few goggles every once n a while and they sounded pretty far off. i took the biggest of the 3 but i could tell he was the boss the other 2 were in front of him but wouldnt come close to the 2 hen decoys i had out but the boss was headin right for um. within 10 feet of um he let out a huge gobble and moments later i took him down at 22-23 yards i figure with my 20 gauge 870, he dropped in his tracks head first and wasnt going nowhere. all the effort and research and reading and scouting has paid off, this is my first full year hunting and first spring turkey season. i come from a family full of hunters but for some reason never got into it im 30 now and tried turkey huntin in the fall and took a hen 3 tries/weeks into season i have to say im hooked for life now but im all for spring turkey im not much for the cold thats prolly why i never cared to deer hunt.

1 inch spurs, 10 inch beard, 24.3 pounds

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

Edited by stubbz
  • Like 1

smoked a dandy. 10 1/2 inch beard, special thanks goes out to my pops. I was suppose to be callin him in a limbhanger this morning, but that is not the way he likes to roll. Great guy. Some real nice looking birds on here posted by others.

Edited by tjm08803

Thanks Paula...don't think I'll ever get the hang of this...like.....Oh the view finder turns all the way around...as you'll see from out of focus and the top of my head in first clip I did this morning...I just love the sound this cam pics up...Heck I had fun and that's all that matters....lol

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Congrats!

I had the best opener ever!!...too much to tell but at one point I had 5 Toms coming in at once...live hens strolling through...and this boy on the ground...20 #'s...tad over 1in. spurs and a ten in. beard...got him home dropped on picnic table and Toms sounded off where I'd just come from...lol.....Poured all night and most of morning...

Congrats

However 1 bird per day.Per NYS DEChttp://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/32162.html

Thanks Paula...don't think I'll ever get the hang of this...like.....Oh the view finder turns all the way around...as you'll see from out of focus and the top of my head in first clip I did this morning...I just love the sound this cam pics up...Heck I had fun and that's all that matters....lol

Just wondering how one hunts turkeys without calling? Funny when i have toms sounding off around me like that im luring them in with my box or mouth call.