Is Putin emboldened by weak leadership and appeasement?

This is why I beleieve that ANYTHING coming from Fiona Hill concerning Trump is not credible and can be summarily dicsiunted due to her bias:

FIONA HILL IS A GEORGE SOROS MOLE

This si the title to an article I found online .  Here is the link:

https://aim4truth.org/2019/11/21/fiona-hill-is-a-george-soros-mole/

Still think my position is wierd?  I think not....

Edited by Northcountryman

4 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

This is why I beleieve that ANYTHING coming from Fiona Hill concerning Trump is not credible and can be summarily dicsiunted due to her bias:

FIONA HILL IS A GEORGE SOROS MOLE

This si the title to an article I found online .  Here is the link:

https://aim4truth.org/2019/11/21/fiona-hill-is-a-george-soros-mole/

Still think my position is wierd?  I think not....

That's a biased source, it has to be discounted... :) 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-intelligence-media/ 

In all honesty, I didn't read it, just wanted to poke the bear...

Edited by Splitear

23 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

See my comments above with Splitear regarding bias - Wierd hill to die on? Poetic but a bit overly dramatic.

Just saw that.

My discounting what she has to say- is that coming from a place of bias cuz I'm pro Trump?  Yup!! But that doesnt mean Im wrong!! Likewise, is his posting that article and promulgating it as gospel beyond reproach also originating from a place of bias cuz he hates Trump?? Also yup!!  and that doesnt mean hes wrong either!!! So whos right?? 

You're missing the point. 

Disregarding what someone on the opposite side of aisle is saying limits your personal education and ability to speak intelligently on the subject. Why do that to yourself? Owning the libs? How ca you function in the world if you only consider those who agree with you?

What I said as intro to that interview was:

This is an interview with Fiona Hill who is pretty much an expert on Putin as much as one can be an expert.

That is hardly promoting it as "gospel beyond reproach". I didn't focus on the few times she mentions Trump as that wasn't the point and her take on history of the region and Putin were far more interesting. Calling her a "Soros mole" is grouse territory. I thought you were smarter.

26 minutes ago, left field said:

You're missing the point. 

Disregarding what someone on the opposite side of aisle is saying limits your personal education and ability to speak intelligently on the subject. Why do that to yourself? Owning the libs? How ca you function in the world if you only consider those who agree with you?

What I said as intro to that interview was

Wait a minute: dont you do the same thing when it comes to Trump, though Lefty? Ill be honest with you: I didnt read it, yet- similar to when you did the same several weeks ago.  Do you  remember that? however, Im willing to admit it because I like you and value youre opinion(really) , so i will do so and get back to you.   Ive said this before but feel compelled now to repeat myself: ultimately, I seek THE  TRUTH. I want to know the answers to all of the questions ive ever pondered in my life- hows that lol.  And, if those answers to those questions prove that I was wrong - about Trump, about liberals, , etc, SO BE IT!!   What I really wannna know is who shot Kennnedy :)

Edited by Northcountryman

25 minutes ago, left field said:

That is hardly promoting it as "gospel beyond reproach". I didn't focus on the few times she mentions Trump as that wasn't the point and her take on history of the region and Putin were far more interesting. Calling her a "Soros mole" is grouse territory.

Hardly, as it appears she may be.  Take your own adice you gave to me - read the article!!! :)

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

If you cannot find any quote or article from Hill criticizing the left, Democrats or Biden, to believe she isn't biased is simply willful ignorance.

Actually, according to another article I read about her, Biden wrote a commentary - which was included when it was released- for her 2013 book on Putin. This was WELL before Trump, so to me, I really do believe shes biased. 

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If you cannot find any quote or article from Hill criticizing the left, Democrats or Biden, to believe she isn't biased is simply willful ignorance.

Exactly.  And there is not one person who does not have piles and piles of ammo to go after Biden and the left.  Period. 

16 minutes ago, left field said:

Today, we are all Ukrainian.

My heart felt prayers are with the people of Ukraine; but make no mistake, I am and will always be proudly, patriotically, and unapologetically American.

My question was honest and sincere. Who are the non Americans with all the political opinions here?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

So am I. But my life is here. What is your point?

What are you dense? Or just antagonistic? 

My point was as I stated twice now. I wanted to know who here are not American citizens. 

I suppose in response to your "my life is here" comment, I would add there is a hell of a big difference between living someplace versus swearing one's life and allegiance to a country, in my humble American opinion.

I grew up in a family proud to be American, and at a time when I put my hand over my heart as I faced the flag every morning in school while repeating the "Pledge of Allegiance" then singing "My Country, Tis of Thee",  while at the same time we were being taught to crawl under our desks or hunker down to "protect" us in case of nuclear attack.

My childhood was watching nightly news every night of the scenes of Viet Nam, while wondering and worrying about my family members fighting there. And, the older boys in my neighborhood I played ball with in the streets sometimes just months earlier, now also over there, and if they were ever going to make it home. 

I remember us kids lining up along the street and cheering and waving to the long convoys of soldiers in their Army vehicles as they drove past. 

I remember worrying if it would ever end;  and then the feeling I experienced when the churches in our city rang their bells when it was announced the war was over and I saw those close to me with tears in there eyes probably from a mixture of sadness and relief. 

Non citizens may have an interest and opinions on our political situation, but they really have no dog in the fight.

As far a I'm concerned, unless and until they have taken a sworn oath to this country, their comments should be taken with grain of salt .  

And to take it yet one more step further; to be lectured, verbally attacked, or brow beaten by bloviating non Americans  who think they have the same say, rights and privileges here as citizens, simply because they choose to live here, respectfully, they can go pound salt. 

Care to attack some more?

Peace!

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling

Weird flex.

My views align more with conservative principles and I have never voted for an independent or democrat. Equally as such, I prefer both side operate with a sense of truth and decorum, and also curiosity to not isolate themselves within their own paradigm. I don't think anyone is changing opinions in this thread as much as I would hope to see a spirit of conversation.

At the end of the day, a madman emboldened or not is still a madman. While no nation is perfect, we do have a democratically-elected president of a European nation who is experiencing an invasion, that unless I am mistaken, nobody here states is legit, and that leader is about to be deposed, jailed, or worse. That is where we are at. We can blame the guy in the WH, we can blame his predecessor, but in the end, the truth is that a guy who is losing touch with reality in all likelihood is holding the world hostage and placing a boot on the throat of a free-standing nation.

Solving it going forward becomes paramount. 

Edited by phade
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

What are you dense? Or just antagonistic? 

My point was as I stated twice now. I wanted to know who here are not American citizens. 

I suppose in response to your "my life is here" comment, I would add there is a hell of a big difference between living someplace versus swearing one's life and allegiance to a country, in my humble American opinion.

I grew up in a family proud to be American, and at a time when I put my hand over my heart as I faced the flag every morning in school while repeating the "Pledge of Allegiance" then singing "My Country, Tis of Thee",  while at the same time we were being taught to crawl under our desks or hunker down to "protect" us in case of nuclear attack.

My childhood was watching nightly news every night of the scenes of Viet Nam, while wondering and worrying about my family members fighting there. And, the older boys in my neighborhood I played ball with in the streets sometimes just months earlier, now also over there, and if they were ever going to make it home. 

I remember us kids lining up along the street and cheering and waving to the long convoys of soldiers in their Army vehicles as they drove past. 

I remember worrying if it would ever end;  and then the feeling I experienced when the churches in our city rang their bells when it was announced the war was over and I saw those close to me with tears in there eyes probably from a mixture of sadness and relief. 

Non citizens may have an interest and opinions on our political situation, but they really have no dog in the fight.

As far a I'm concerned, unless and until they have taken a sworn oath to this country, their comments should be taken with grain of salt .  

And to take it yet one more step further; to be lectured, verbally attacked, or brow beaten by bloviating non Americans  who think they have the same say, rights and privileges here as citizens, simply because they choose to live here, respectfully, they can go pound salt. 

Care to attack some more?

Peace!

What a stupid post.  What makes you assume that someone who doesn't agree with your line of thinking is not a citizen of the US?   Plenty of people, hunters and assorted others in this country who ARE most definitely US citizens have plenty of different opinions.  Thinking that your opinion should be the only valid one is ridiculous. 

You guys can flame away all you want.

And that folks, is how the SS was started. He going to ask who the Jews are next? I'm genuinely curious as to why that post was made because it doesn't make sense to me at all, and I am trying to understand.

Edited by phade

I think the point he was making is, non-citizens who come to America to live and look down their nose at citizens while thinking they can tell them how to live their lives, have no credibility.

It's not stupid or xenophobic.  It's his opinion and he has as much right to it as anyone else.

Hyperbolic responses to his opinion don't make sense.

• Like 2