Is Putin emboldened by weak leadership and appeasement?

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think the point he was making is, non-citizens who come to America to live and look down their nose at citizens while thinking they can tell them how to live their lives, have no credibility.

It's not stupid or xenophobic.  It's his opinion and he has as much right to it as anyone else.

Hyperbolic responses to his opinion don't make sense.

Your first lines are hyperbolic in itself. Face it, he called out people in this forum wanting to know their nationality, without wanting to know their background. For as much as your hyperbolic statement about non-citizens might be true, so may be the premise that these non-citizens are in the US following the right path to citizenship, and they too, have an opinion. But, he didn't ask that. Don't worry, I don't wear the Star of David, and vote Republican, so I'm safe, I guess.

Good grief.

Edited by phade

7 minutes ago, phade said:

Your first lines are hyperbolic in itself. Face it, he called out people in this forum wanting to know their nationality, without wanting to know their background. For as much as your hyperbolic statement about non-citizens might be true, so may be the premise that these non-citizens are in the US following the right path to citizenship, and they too, have an opinion. But, he didn't ask that. Don't worry, I don't wear the Star of David, and vote Republican, so I'm safe, I guess.

Good grief.

I don't think "hyperbolic" means what you think it means.

47 minutes ago, phade said:

And that folks, is how the SS was started. He going to ask who the Jews are next? I'm genuinely curious as to why that post was made because it doesn't make sense to me at all, and I am trying to understand

You crossed a big line here!

I see you can now edit your posts based on the paragraph you added to the weird flex comment. 

I was asked to share my "point", and I did. I shared my perspective on how awful war is, at a time when it is again crossing our television screens. It had nothing to do with any "flex" or whatever the hell that is supposed to be.

So for that you call me a Nazi?

Pretty twisted!   That was defamatory, and if you had a shred of class or decency would apologize for such a comment. 

I don't recall ever treating anyone here or anywhere else in such a manner. 

People who are "trying to understand" don't typically go on the attack in such an extreme and disgusting manner. That does not open communication and/or understanding, rather it shuts and/or shouts it down. 

This is precisely what bothers me about this site anymore. There are a few here who shout down, name call, bully at every turn, and have no boundaries to how far they will sink. 

I thought I was pretty honest about why I think people are entitled to their opinions, but believe non citizens opinions should not carry the same weight when it comes to the goings on in our country as the commitment and stakes for them is much lower.  

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

I see you can now edit your posts based on the paragraph you added to the weird flex comment. 

I was asked to share my "point", and I did. I shared my perspective on how awful war is, at a time when it is again crossing our television screens. It had nothing to do with any "flex" or whatever the hell that is supposed to be.

Pretty twisted!   That was defamatory, and if you had a shred of class or decency would apologize for such a comment. 

People who are "trying to understand" don't typically go on the attack in such an extreme and disgusting manner. That does not open communication and/or understanding, rather it shuts and/or shouts it down. 

This is precisely what bothers me about this site anymore. There are a few here who shout down, name call, bully at every turn, and have no boundaries to how far they will sink. 

I thought I was pretty honest about why I think people are entitled to their opinions, but believe non citizens opinions should not carry the same weight when it comes to the goings on in our country as the commitment and stakes for them is much lower.  

This is a hunting forum and you post multiple times asking for who is a non-citizen, yet don't ask for their background. Maybe one of these members is on the path to legal citizenship. Maybe not. You painted with a wide brush though, and when it happened to you, your pants got into a twist, so thank you for proving my point. It feels bad when it happens to you? Remember that next time.

7 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Just as the left want to open the door for those same non citizens to vote. That would be just used to push an agenda.            Your post is spot on!!

• Like 1

No one is attacking you. 

I've legally lived in a few countries and have an opinion about each. Visited a good number and have an opinion about those as well. 

Is this a litmus test on whose opinion matters more? Practically, what does "should not carry the same weight" mean? 

I can agree and disagree with your statement on non citizens say in matters. Ill use my family for example.  My grandparents moved here from Austria immediately following WW2.  Not sure if they ever became citizens. They worked like animals.  The type of work ethic that you rarely see anymore.  And they were productive members of American society.   I would take people like thats say in American society over some confederate southerner who is leaching off the welfare system.  

Edited by diplomat019

1 hour ago, phade said:

This is a hunting forum and you post multiple times asking for who is a non-citizen, yet don't ask for their background. Maybe one of these members is on the path to legal citizenship. Maybe not. You painted with a wide brush though, and when it happened to you, your pants got into a twist, so thank you for proving my point. It feels bad when it happens to you? Remember that next time.

I understand what youre saying but Probably shouldnt use the SS comparison anymore- too emotionally charging (and Hyperbolic lol).

1 hour ago, left field said:

No one is attacking you. 

I've legally lived in a few countries and have an opinion about each. Visited a good number and have an opinion about those as well. 

Is this a litmus test on whose opinion matters more? Practically, what does "should not carry the same weight" mean? 

I find that experience invaluable , myself as I am not cosmopolitan . Anything that increases ones knowledge base is ok w me, but wait: Why are you wrong most of the time, then? lol

Looks like Putin’s problems are increasing daily.  Then again Putin sold his soul to Satan with the promise of glory and riches.  Never trust the devil!  Wonder how that’s going work for Putin when he assumes room temperature.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/1-million-bounty-on-putin-offered-by-russian-businessman/ar-AAUvfnL?ocid=SL5GDHP

The article states “$1,000,000 bounty for the arrest of Russian President Vladimir Putin was offered to military officers by Russian entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin in a post he published on social media this week, as Russia continued its invasion of Ukraine.

I hope the contest has already ended with Putin’s severed head on a platter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/world-court-ukraine-has-filed-suit-against-russia-citing-false-genocide-claims/ar-AAUnZ7q?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

The article states “The highest U.N. court on Sunday confirmed that Ukraine has filed a suit against Russia, saying Russia's claim it invaded Ukraine to prevent a genocide is false and asking judges to order "provisional measures" to protect Ukraine.

I hear Johnnie Cochran, O.J. Simpson’s lawyer is coming back from the dead compliments of Satan to represent Putin in court.  I hope Judge Judy is presiding, because that lady will tear Putin a new body part!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russias-un-ambassador-echoes-trumps-big-lie-as-putin-faces-global-condemnation-for-invading-ukraine/ar-AAUwovW?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

The article states “Countries at the UN voted on Wednesday to condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine, with just four countries — Syria, Belarus, Eritrea, and North Korea — joining Russia in trying to vote the resolution down.

Wow! Putin must feel loved by the four evil nations of Syria, Belarus, Eritrea, and North Korea.  All losers.  Putin can join their leaders in hell too!

Sadly and of great concern, as the world closes in on the war criminals of Putin and his military they still have dangerous nuclear weapons.  Desperate sociopaths do some very heinous acts as they know they have written their one way ticket to hell.  Hopefully those in a position to stop a nuclear disaster, realize Putin is evil and their country will get hit by the nuclear arsenals of the United States, Great Britain, France and other allies.  I am sure those rational people realize their lives and the lives of innocent Russians are more important than evil Putin’s world conquest tour.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

Looks like Putin’s problems are increasing daily.  Then again Putin sold his soul to Satan with the promise of glory and riches.  Never trust the devil!  Wonder how that’s going work for Putin when he assumes room temperature.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/1-million-bounty-on-putin-offered-by-russian-businessman/ar-AAUvfnL?ocid=SL5GDHP

The article states “$1,000,000 bounty for the arrest of Russian President Vladimir Putin was offered to military officers by Russian entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin in a post he published on social media this week, as Russia continued its invasion of Ukraine.

I hope the contest has already ended with Putin’s severed head on a platter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/world-court-ukraine-has-filed-suit-against-russia-citing-false-genocide-claims/ar-AAUnZ7q?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

The article states “The highest U.N. court on Sunday confirmed that Ukraine has filed a suit against Russia, saying Russia's claim it invaded Ukraine to prevent a genocide is false and asking judges to order "provisional measures" to protect Ukraine.

I hear Johnnie Cochran, O.J. Simpson’s lawyer is coming back from the dead compliments of Satan to represent Putin in court.  I hope Judge Judy is presiding, because that lady will tear Putin a new body part!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russias-un-ambassador-echoes-trumps-big-lie-as-putin-faces-global-condemnation-for-invading-ukraine/ar-AAUwovW?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

The article states “Countries at the UN voted on Wednesday to condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine, with just four countries — Syria, Belarus, Eritrea, and North Korea — joining Russia in trying to vote the resolution down.

Wow! Putin must feel loved by the four evil nations of Syria, Belarus, Eritrea, and North Korea.  All losers.  Putin can join their leaders in hell too!

Sadly and of great concern, as the world closes in on the war criminals of Putin and his military they still have dangerous nuclear weapons.  Desperate sociopaths do some very heinous acts as they know they have written their one way ticket to hell.  Hopefully those in a position to stop a nuclear disaster, realize Putin is evil and their country will get hit by the nuclear arsenals of the United States, Great Britain, France and other allies.  I am sure those rational people realize their lives and the lives of innocent Russians are more important than evil Putin’s world conquest tour.

We can only hope someone has the brains to quell this whole mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, left field said:

Meanwhile, back in the land of of-course-that-happened:

Russian flag:

image.png.57ef7907c71cabf76385108c1fd15170.png 

image.png.a605fb8fe4f1e575abb32a483b72852f.png

image.png.08792db9c919d5e40f2ee14e34646be8.png

https://www.politico.eu/blogs/playbook-plus/2017/02/trump-branded-russia-flags-at-cpac/

What ever.. we all know it's leftist bullchit. 

The flags were handed out by an anti-Trump activist named Ryan Clayton.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/cpac-scrambles-to-control-damage-after-attendees-wave-russian-flags-during-trump-speech/

18 minutes ago, left field said:

Not quite. He authentically pulled a prank on Trump supporters. It was rather clever.  

But it wasn’t Trump , nor his supporters that conceived of the paying homage to the Russian flag idea thing - it was an anti Trumper. Moreover , it has no bearing on what’s transpiring in Ukraine currently. 

19 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

But it wasn’t Trump , nor his supporters that conceived of the paying homage to the Russian flag idea thing - it was an anti Trumper. Moreover , it has no bearing on what’s transpiring in Ukraine currently. 

You have to remember how those leftist try to turn the facts. Comical