Is Putin emboldened by weak leadership and appeasement?

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

That's cute man. If you wanna get to know me, you're gonna have to take me out to dinner first. You know where I live - pick me up at 8? While you're making reservations, I'll remind you that well over half of Americans disapproved of Trump, and a good chunk of them are Republicans. 

so you were born in America? no way. where were you born?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

As political analyst Katie Pavlich put it: "What you're seeing now, as this Russia-Ukraine war starts to play out, [is] the administration trying to brace Americans for higher gas prices. And the reality is that Joe Biden is now seeing his climate change agenda collide with this national security foreign policy crisis overseas." One benefit of the U.S. having been virtually energy independent, she adds, was that "you don't have to worry about wars in foreign lands far away affecting prices here." At least not as much. She warns that Biden will use Russia as a "convenient excuse" and scapegoat for higher prices here "when the policies of this administration are really the reason why they're up."

• Like 6

1 hour ago, grampy said:

After seeing what this, and the last two democratic administrations have done to this country. How could anyone with two brain cells to put together, ever vote for this crap again??

Those two sad and lonely brain cells are too busy fighting each other for any of them to realize what harm they did to this country. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grampy said:

After seeing what this, and the last two democratic administrations have done to this country. How could anyone with two brain cells to put together, ever vote for this crap again?? I do think there are many who voted for the liberal administration, currently in charge of this mess, are seeing what a mistake it was. Of course some blind sheep, will continue to follow CNN and whatever the liberal media tells them. As it seems the hate for Trump, by some, overrides rational common sense.

Russia and China are playing Sleepy Joe like a fiddle. Russia saw the weakness, and ineptitude, in Biden. Along with his blind threats, for what they were, and jumped at the chance. Weakness only brings more weakness. Strength, has shown to be the only deterrent the tirents respect. We currently have little of that in charge at this time.

Enter the Cook, VH and a couple others on here.   Just not sure on the two brain cell thingy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

In other news Biden has said he will do everything in his power to keep gas prices from going up ,which 

A: IS COMPLETE BS! 

B: were we not told by the democrats already that the president can not control the price of fuel?

That pipeline in the midwest would come in handy

• Like 3

For the record, just before Trump left office, political analyst Byron York noted a partial list of how Trump kept Putin on his side of the Ukraine border: "1) Bombed Syria, Russia's main client, and unleashed the U.S. military in Syria, including against Russians; 2) Armed Ukraine; 3) Ended the Iran nuclear deal; 4) Browbeat NATO allies to increase defense spending; 5) Approved $130 billion in new defense spending; 6) Added low-yield nuclear weapons to the U.S. arsenal; 7) Started research and development on a new missile after Russia deployed a missile that did not comply with the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty; 8: Shut down Russia's consulate in San Francisco; and 9) Pumped more U.S. oil and gas, making the U.S. more energy independent. And on top of that, Trump kept earlier sanctions on Russia and added new ones himself."

At the time, even CNN's leftist talkinghead Fareed Zakaria declared, "The dirty little secret about the Trump administration was that [Trump] was pretty tough on the Russians."

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

For the record, just before Trump left office, political analyst Byron York noted a partial list of how Trump kept Putin on his side of the Ukraine border: "1) Bombed Syria, Russia's main client, and unleashed the U.S. military in Syria, including against Russians; 2) Armed Ukraine; 3) Ended the Iran nuclear deal; 4) Browbeat NATO allies to increase defense spending; 5) Approved $130 billion in new defense spending; 6) Added low-yield nuclear weapons to the U.S. arsenal; 7) Started research and development on a new missile after Russia deployed a missile that did not comply with the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty; 8: Shut down Russia's consulate in San Francisco; and 9) Pumped more U.S. oil and gas, making the U.S. more energy independent. And on top of that, Trump kept earlier sanctions on Russia and added new ones himself."

At the time, even CNN's leftist talkinghead Fareed Zakaria declared, "The dirty little secret about the Trump administration was that [Trump] was pretty tough on the Russians."

Trump's Da Man- period!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Enter the Cook, VH and a couple others on here.

At the risk of repeating myself yet again. Remember the names of those here and elsewhere who wished and/or helped bring this upon us.

How very sad a place the world is currently. 

Look at the bloodied faces of the people of Ukraine and ask yourself; how worried are they at the moment about "green energy",  or "climate change".  

I would be willing to bet, for them the meaning of "woke" is what they experience in the middle of the night at the sounds of bombing. 

Praying for peace in the world for all people. 

Edited by New York Hillbilly
sentence correction
  • Like 5

At the risk of repeating myself yet again. Remember the names of those here and elsewhere who wished and/or helped bring this upon us.
How very sad a place the world is currently. 
Look at the bloodied faces of the people of Ukraine and ask yourself; how worried are they at the moment about "green energy",  or "climate change".  
I would be willing to bet, for them the meaning of "woke" is what they experience in the middle of the night at the sounds of bombing. 
Praying for peace in the world for all people. 

Dont forget trans competence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

remember the root causes of WWII.  Nazis rose to power because of the extreme economic conditions after WWI that was laid down in the treaty and the market crash. 

Japan attacked us and join in the axis due to economic issues wiht the US and Oil supply.   

A struggling economy lead by the US and a pandemic and then sanctions on top of that might push the envelope even more.  Stay tuned ..... and lets hope this doenst escalate wiht Putin invading the balkans and China into Taiwan.  As it has already been noted yesterday as Taiwan scrambled planes yesterday because China sent 9 planes along its airspace.....

when its possible that all they had to say was Ukraine is not slated to become a Nato member, which could have done more to keep out Putin than anything. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Biden's speach yesterday was dismal.  We'll have to wait a month to see if these sanctions are working?  I would laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

What he should have said is, we are going to ramp up energy production in this country like nobody has ever seen. We are going to make sure America and her allies have all the energy we need for the next 100 years or until there is a sustainable alternative. 

John Kerry said yesterday he hopes Putin focuses on Climate change.....You literally can't make up the joke we have become. 

• Like 3