Trump speaks at CPAC

5 minutes ago, left field said:

Does Trump have the "discipline" to lay off and endorse DeSantis? Maybe depends on who's running as a Dem. I doubt Biden will.

Fantasy time ... DeSantis vs. M. Obama. Who wins? 

I think DeSantis could win, barely. Maybe...

I think Trump would lose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I think DeSantis could win, barely. Maybe...

I think Trump would lose.

I think Trumps run it's course as well. DeSantis won't win over the bleeding hearts and I doubt will toss billions of dollars away to for feel good issues, like Obama will. So she'll win the same way Biden won, backing protesters and keeping the race war going.

• Like 1

Trump vs. Obama would be interesting for the lols. I would love to watch Trump lose his mind.

Biden Biden Biden ... what does he do? He was only ever going to be a one-term president but unless Harris personally saves a hundred children from a burning orphanage, there's no way she can win. Yet, Biden can't not endorse her as that would question his judgement and throw the whole thing into chaos. 

Time for a viable third party of non-batshit crazy people.

To dream the impossible dream.

Trump vs. Obama would be interesting for the lols. I would love to watch Trump lose his mind.
Biden Biden Biden ... what does he do? He was only ever going to be a one-term president but unless Harris personally saves a hundred children from a burning orphanage, there's no way she can win. Yet, Biden can't not endorse her as that would question his judgement and throw the whole thing into chaos. 
Time for a viable third party of non-batshit crazy people.
To dream the impossible dream.

This country has been primed for a 3rd party for years…2024 could be a chance for them to make a move especially with nether side all to happy with their side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/26/2022 at 10:36 PM, Splitear said:

At this point, I would be heavily inclined to vote for a Republican president for the first time in my life, but I will not vote for Trump. I’m sure there are many out there like me. Please pick someone better than Trump. 

You are by far my favorite person to debate with here so forgive me while i pick on you a little bit.  

I am in the corner that Trump was his own worst enemy, not very presidential, needed to stop with the stupid tweets, etc etc. But i don't want him to watch my child. I want him to lead our country. I remember you said you have to admit that Trump affected your life very little. I remember saying i will hope the same with Biden but i won't hold my breath.  While that may be true, at the very least you paid less in taxes and less in fuel which had to have some positive affect. 

While Biden has had a negative affect on all of our lives and our country, whether people admit it or not. I mean, look what has happened in a short 16 months. Everything has been laid out many times so i won't list them. On top of that, Biden looks lost in every speech, barely even answers reporters questions. He looks like such a buffoon that i feel sorry for him. He doesn't have the charisma of Clinton or Obama. 

I guess what I am saying is i totally get why some people hate Trump. I would be voting for the policies over the man. If you can't make an argument that the country is in a better place under Biden, then how would he get your vote over Trump? 

I mean, we are almost always choosing the person we are thinking is the better of two imperfect people no matter who we are voting for.....I can't remember the last time i was excited about a president. Other than I was looking forward to a second term under Trump. Again, only because of policies, not because of the man....

I guess what i am getting at, is if you can make an argument that Biden is the better choice. I would love to hear it from you....

Edited by ApexerER

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

This country has been primed for a 3rd party for years…2024 could be a chance for them to make a move especially with nether side all to happy with their side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have happened in 2016.  There were 4 legit candidates.  Trump. Hillary. Bernie. Cruz. 

I'm not sure about the intricacies of this but isn't Trump sitting on a pile of dough that would have to go to the R candidate? Good luck with that.

Just now, crappyice said:

Crappyice/Left Field 2024

or

Left Field/Crappyice 2024

6 minutes ago, left field said:

I'm not sure about the intricacies of this but isn't Trump sitting on a pile of dough that would have to go to the R candidate? Good luck with that.

Crappyice/Left Field 2024

or

Left Field/Crappyice 2024

God, i hope crappy picks a better running mate....

29 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

You are by far my favorite person to debate with here so forgive me while i pick on you a little bit.  

I am in the corner that Trump was his own worst enemy, not very presidential, needed to stop with the stupid tweets, etc etc. But i don't want him to watch my child. I want him to lead our country. I remember you said you have to admit that Trump affected your life very little. I remember saying i will hope the same with Biden but i won't hold my breath.  While that may be true, at the very least you paid less in taxes and less in fuel which had to have some positive affect. 

While Biden has had a negative affect on all of our lives and our country, whether people admit it or not. I mean, look what has happened in a short 16 months. Everything has been laid out many times so i won't list them. On top of that, Biden looks lost in every speech, barely even answers reporters questions. He looks like such a buffoon that i feel sorry for him. He doesn't have the charisma of Clinton or Obama. 

I guess what I am saying is i totally get why some people hate Trump. I would be voting for the policies over the man. If you can't make an argument that the country is in a better place under Biden, then how would he get your vote over Trump? 

I mean, we are almost always choosing the person we are thinking is the better of two imperfect people no matter who we are voting for.....I can't remember the last time i was excited about a president. Other than I was looking forward to a second term under Trump. Again, only because of policies, not because of the man....

I guess what i am getting at, is if you can make an argument that Biden is the better choice. I would love to hear it from you....

No problem man. I can sum it up pretty easily. If the election were today between Biden and Trump, I would be a man without a candidate, and would simply leave that top row empty. I'm sure there are some that would take issue with that, but if the choice is to drink one of two poisons, I'll chose neither. I was very hopeful that Biden would be more moderate than he has proven to be, and might be someone who could at least provide some more passive leadership compared to Trump's chaos approach. Naïve as it may have been, that's why my vote was cast. As some may remember, I started the election cycle as a pretty good supporter of Biden, but as time went on, I saw the whole party drifting further to the left (and not more moderate as I had hoped), and by the time of the election I had changed my party affiliation to Independent. 

Fast forward, and I stand by my "life's not hugely impacted" statement. Regardless of the doom and gloom, I'm making more money than I was in 2020, I can still travel pretty much as much as I want regardless of fuel prices, and my family is happy and healthy, except for those that are suffering from their own choices, which is neither here nor there on this forum. There is nothing that I need that I do not have access too. Really, my life if pretty darn good despite the state of the world. That is one man's perspective, and I recognize a pretty privileged one at that, but it's where I'm at. Ultimately, I would say that I'm just as happy now as I was in 2020 and before. Do I wish some things would change, absolutely, but realistically, the only reason they would have any impact on my life situation is if I were to sit around and dwell on them, knowing that I cannot change them. 

Since you asked, I'm happy to answer Chris. There are a few that frequent this sub that I won't bother responding to. I don't care to be insulted by random strangers online, so I'll bow out. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Splitear said:

No problem man. I can sum it up pretty easily. If the election were today between Biden and Trump, I would be a man without a candidate, and would simply leave that top row empty. I'm sure there are some that would take issue with that, but if the choice is to drink one of two poisons, I'll chose neither. I was very hopeful, that Biden would be more moderate than he has proven to be, and might be someone who could at least provide some more passive leadership compared to Trump's chaos approach. Naive as it may have been, that's why my vote was cast. As some may remember, I started the election cycle as a pretty good supporter of Biden, but as time went on, I saw the whole party drifting further to the left (and not more moderate as I had hoped), and by the time of the election I had changed my party affiliation to Independent. 

Fast forward, and I stand by my "life's not hugely impacted" statement. Regardless of the doom and gloom, I'm making more money than I was in 2020, I can still travel pretty much as much as I want regardless of fuel prices, and my family is happy and healthy, except for those that are suffering from their own choices, which is neither here nor there on this forum. There is nothing that I need that I do not have access too. Really, my life if pretty darn good despite the state of the world. That is one man's perspective, and I recognize a pretty privileged one at that, but it's where I'm at. Ultimately, I would say that I'm just as happy now as I was in 2020 and before. Do I wish some things would change, absolutely, but realistically, the only reason they would have any impact on my life situation is if I were to sit around and dwell on them, knowing that I cannot change them. 

Since you asked, I'm happy to answer Chris. There are more than a few that frequent this sub that I won't bother responding to. I don't care to be insulted by random strangers online, so I'll bow out. 

I'm out of likes, Thanks for the reply, i can respect that...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ncountry said:

While I think that may be true.  He most likely would have won handily, in spite of it ,if he could have learned a modicum of humility and developed a filter.. 

That depends how corrupt the vote count was......1 for you 2 for me doesn't work no matter how many votes you get....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Splitear said:

No problem man. I can sum it up pretty easily. If the election were today between Biden and Trump, I would be a man without a candidate, and would simply leave that top row empty. I'm sure there are some that would take issue with that, but if the choice is to drink one of two poisons, I'll chose neither. I was very hopeful that Biden would be more moderate than he has proven to be, and might be someone who could at least provide some more passive leadership compared to Trump's chaos approach. Naïve as it may have been, that's why my vote was cast. As some may remember, I started the election cycle as a pretty good supporter of Biden, but as time went on, I saw the whole party drifting further to the left (and not more moderate as I had hoped), and by the time of the election I had changed my party affiliation to Independent. 

Since you asked, I'm happy to answer Chris. There are a few that frequent this sub that I won't bother responding to. I don't care to be insulted by random strangers online, so I'll bow out. 

You like to think you are making more and maybe if it was big enough you are but your vote got you paying a whole lot more for every item in your daily life and will get worse. It also got you into one of the countries on the not very safe list and that will also get worse. Remember. You have roughly 3 more years to enjoy your vote and I can’t see anything changing for the better than it is right now. It’s all downhill from here. 

Does Trump have the "discipline" to lay off and endorse DeSantis? Maybe depends on who's running as a Dem. I doubt Biden will.
Fantasy time ... DeSantis vs. M. Obama. Who wins? 

A decorated war hero/successful governor vs the wife of a community organizer. And I dont like his chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

I'm changing up my voting strategy for 2024; no longer will I follow party lines, evaluate personalities, potential policy or past political history.

I'm voting for the "hottest" female P,VP or potential first lady !!!

Alot of people subscribed to that strategy last election cycle!! Look, Kamla's a moron, but shes good lookin as hell!!

5 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Alot of people subscribed to that strategy last election cycle!! Look, Kamla's a moron, but shes good lookin as hell!!

Eh, Pence is more attractive in my opinion :) Silver Fox and all....

Sorry, I wanted to swing at that one.