Best quote of the century(so far)

Half of me wants the US to just go in and end this crap before it gets worse, especially with most of the world on the side of the Ukrainians. The other half fears a desperate Putin with his hands on too many buttons.

I am impressed by the reaction and unification across most of the world and all the aid being sent. I also thought that this might look like an opening for China to invade Tawain but now it is starting to look like the opposite some. Where the world is banding against Russian and possible unrest in its own country with the Ruble crashing.

That convoy line headed to the capital in Ukraine would be sitting ducks for us. And also could be a back breaker for Russia. But it's an all in act and don't know how a desperate man can react.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not sure about US going in and the ramifications of that. I think it may better to do this with a thousand cuts and bleed the Russians enough that they remove him. 

The international reaction has been astounding. Countries have tossed their cold war playbooks out and are responding in record time. I think that will sober China up. They cannot afford to lose international markets.

Unfortunately, Ukraine will take it on the chin. 

• Like 1

True leaders LEAD, that is why they are called LEADERS.  

Here is a real example of a leader, not some coward draft dodger talking tough guy:

https://blogs.va.gov/VAntage/66542/d-days-oldest-soldier-theodore-roosevelt-jr/

The article states “At 56 years old, Roosevelt was the oldest man deployed in the landings. Commanding the 8th Infantry Regiment and the 70th Tank Battalion, he was one of the first to land on Utah Beach. Armed only with a pistol and his walking cane, he carried out reconnaissance and began directing his forces under heavy enemy fire. After the war, many of the men under his command recalled his calm and humorous demeanor as having inspired them to push forward.

Imagine being a scared for your life 18 year old on the beaches of Normandy and see BG Roosevelt rallying the troops under fire.  That is true leadership.  Real leaders take more risks than those they lead. When it comes to President Biden, I am reminded of the sixties show jingle “Car 54 Where Are You?” to the jingle of “Biden Where Are You?”

• Like 3

I don't think i want our troops on the ground in Ukraine. It is deplorable that we let this russian build up happen for months and did nothing. We could have provided Ukraine with defensive weapons before the invasion. Not trying to figure out how to get them too them now. Especially since we promised protection when they gave up nukes. No other country is going to listen to us now. I would be willing to bet they are seeing how important it is to retain nukes. 

My preferred quote, from the soldiers left on the Ukrainian island as the Russian fleet is approaching and asks for their surrender....

Loosely quoted......." Russian Ship...Go F...  yourself".

pardon my language...

Remember the Alamo!

• Like 2