Heckling the President

So , this am , I read on the newsfeed that a couple of Republicans chose to heckle Biden during his speech last night ; these included Boebert from Colorado ( I think) and Marjorie Greene from GA . Now, I don’t know how bad it was cuz , in all candor , I didn’t watch the speech . But , apparently it was enough to be noticed . Now , everyone knows on here that I’m a Pretty conservative guy and support Republicans with regularity . Also , it should be pretty obvious I’m no fan of Biden and think he’s an awful President . But I do not like this . I think that - despite your personal feelings - you should always show your leader respect in public . I didn’t like it when the left constantly disrespected Trump and I don’t like it now when certain members on the right do the same thing to Biden. Criticize all you want - that fine !! Just don’t be disrespectful . I think these 2 ladies were wrong and should offer an apology to the Pres- just my take :)

• Like 9

Agreed. It’s disrespectful. From what I read those that heckled where immediately boo’d by everyone in attendance including other republicans. It sets a bad tone for the leadership of this country and it would be nice if the republicans held themselves to a higher standard. I hate they “well they did it to trump” defense. So what. Be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Agreed. It’s disrespectful. From what I read those that heckled where immediately boo’d by everyone in attendance including other republicans. It sets a bad tone for the leadership of this country and it would be nice if the republicans held themselves to a higher standard. I hate they “well they did it to trump” defense. So what. Be better.

Agreed.  It makes the country look bad as a whole.  Elected officials should at the very least be expected to behave like dignified adults in any situation.  I didn't like it when the D's did it to Trump and defended it by pointing out that the R's had done it to Obama either.

• Like 3

I have always taken great pride as an American, that our leaders didnt stoop to the level of so many other countries...treating each other with respect, and maintaining our nations dignity. Politics is politics, but there is no place for the trash behavior that has become common place.  I am a registered Republican...but I am embarrassed by my parties behavior. That is the view of us the world gets, including a percieved lack of unity. Remember when Reagan came into office? there was a huge gap between parties then, but Ronnie pulled us together as a nation, despite different beliefs. Even the democrats....maybe not liking his politics, but could respect the man. I am no fan of Bidens. But he is our duly elected president, and our best show of support is to show respect. It doesnt help that easy access to our electronic media allows every ignorant ... a soap box, while most of the more intelligent folks simply know it is better to keep quiet.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

So , this am , I read on the newsfeed that a couple of Republicans chose to heckle Biden during his speech last night ; these included Boebert from Colorado ( I think) and Marjorie Greene from GA . Now, I don’t know how bad it was cuz , in all candor , I didn’t watch the speech . But , apparently it was enough to be noticed . Now , everyone knows on here that I’m a Pretty conservative guy and support Republicans with regularity . Also , it should be pretty obvious I’m no fan of Biden and think he’s an awful President . But I do not like this . I think that - despite your personal feelings - you should always show your leader respect in public . I didn’t like it when the left constantly disrespected Trump and I don’t like it now when certain members on the right do the same thing to Biden. Criticize all you want - that fine !! Just don’t be disrespectful . I think these 2 ladies were wrong and should offer an apology to the Pres- just my take :)

I do not recall Pelosi apologizing in public for tearing up Trumps state of the union speech 2 years ago

I did watch the speech and do not recall it being as disruptive or disrespectful as reported. Regardless, I think it is in bad taste and should not be done. I was outraged over Pelosi’s action last time as well.
Modicum of decency!!!

• Like 2

Juvenile behavior like heckling is self-serving and only entertains those who are “low information” people as so eloquently stated by the great late Rush Limbaugh. 

Some use that to bait and provoke others into an argument to look as stupid as they are.  Former President Trump seem to continually fall for some stupid remark made against him with an equally stupid response.  Trump only embolden these “low information” people to continue to bait him.  Sadly it did not help Trump in his bid to win re-election. 

Just like on this site, we sadly witness similar people making inappropriate remarks to others due to their suffering some degree of emotional disturbance, mental illness and/or intellectual deficiency.  It is obvious they are unwilling or unable due to their condition to have a civil and rational conversation.  They cannot truthfully rebuttal others remarks with supportable documentation.  In their desperation, they descend into making inappropriate remarks. 

• Thanks 1

I don't remember it being as bad as being touted by the media. Democrats are just mad because we had to look at Pelosi and Harris for 89% of that more or less unproductive spewing of words, and a hot Republican named Boebert took a stand. 

I believe Boebert was just bringing up the 13 dead in Afganistan,hardly heckling.Sleepy Joe brings up his dead son at almost every speech he makes,not degrading him for doing it,but how many people are unaware of the 13 deaths in Afganistan and their families.

• Like 4

Yeah, I guess its okay for him to hose the whole world with patent BS and cause great misery to millions of Americans but please show him respect, after all though he wasn't duly elected he sits in the chair.

Lets go Brandon.

Robby

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Paula said:

Pelosi will never apologize! She is bat crazy

Agreed. She had some strange, excited reaction when Biden was talking about people breathing toxic smoke. Almost like she wasn't paying attention at all but knew that at some point she was supposed to cheer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Agreed. She had some strange, excited reaction when Biden was talking about people breathing toxic smoke. Almost like she wasn't paying attention at all but knew that at some point she was supposed to cheer.

The whole program nothing but a shit show with a side of theatre.Think about it for a minute these clowns are in charge of our futures,most not qualified to walk dogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

Nah...she was listening to the knicks game on radio.