Heckling the President

As a country, we need to go back to respecting the office/position and exercise proper decorum.  If this is not done, we will be headed down the path of good, competent, intelligent people not wanting to participate and bad, incompetent, intelligent people that are outspoken being the choices.

• Like 3

I think holding elected speakers seriously accountable for bald faced lies would go a long way towards establishing proper decorum.  You got to expect opponents to get upset with a string of constant lies, being applauded by the speakers minions, and getting a pass from the main stream media.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think holding elected speakers seriously accountable for bald faced lies would go a long way towards establishing proper decorum.  You got to expect opponents to get upset with a string of constant lies, being applauded by the speakers minions, and getting a pass from the main stream media.

Exactly. There should not be two idiots sitting beside him or anyone else in the room. Him and the camera. Speak your peace to the camera and the people will decide and sort it out.  Heard an idiot on the radio today saying he thought it was a great speech, more so the buy and use American, of course the other end brought up oil and energy and in typical left fashion the guy ducked and deflected the question. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DoubleDose said:

As a country, we need to go back to respecting the office/position and exercise proper decorum.  If this is not done, we will be headed down the path of good, competent, intelligent people not wanting to participate and bad, incompetent, intelligent people that are outspoken being the choices.

HAH! We as a country are well past that! They are public servants, not your betters. When they show respect for the office, the constitution, and the oath they took, they will get respect in return.

Robby

Edited by Robby
Perry White
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Is it really different then the people who cheered for the BS he was spewing?

If you were at a high school basketball game, would you have an issue with the opposing parents cheering? Of course not. How would you feel if the opposing team's parents were booing your children?

It's sad that you can't see the difference. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grouse said:

When she heckled him, he wasn't lying about anything. He was actually talking about improving our VA benefits, which has bipartisan support. We all know that every politician on both sides will bring in war hero's and citizens to help their speeches, and him talking about better care for our vets and why it has a special place to him is not lying and is a horrible time to heckel. 

I agree with many that his exit from Afghanistan was horribly executed and cost lives, but this was very, very disrespectful and low-class. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Grouse said:

Gas station in town went from $3.85 to $3.99 at 9 AM this morning.

At 6 PM today it went to $4.20.

Of course that's not Joe's fault at all, right?

$4.50/gal for regular this morning around 6a when I drove past the gas station on the way home from the gym. Monroe County. It jumped about .40 overnight.

56 minutes ago, Belo said:

When she heckled him, he wasn't lying about anything. He was actually talking about improving our VA benefits, which has bipartisan support. We all know that every politician on both sides will bring in war hero's and citizens to help their speeches, and him talking about better care for our vets and why it has a special place to him is not lying and is a horrible time to heckel. 

I agree with many that his exit from Afghanistan was horribly executed and cost lives, but this was very, very disrespectful and low-class. 

Biden has not done a single thing to improve vet benefits or healthcare in the 50 years he's been able to.  So implying he is concerned now sounds like a lie to me.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Biden has not done a single thing to improve vet benefits or healthcare in the 50 years he's been able to.  So implying he is concerned now sounds like a lie to me.

Not looking for an argument here, because I honestly don't know much about his record in the past 50 years. However, just a quick google search found this: https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/53279/joe-biden-jr/66/veterans 

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Jesus man. Do you have kids? You don't have to agree with someone's policies or decision to be a decent human being. 

9 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Not looking for an argument here, because I honestly don't know much about his record in the past 50 years. However, just a quick google search found this: https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/53279/joe-biden-jr/66/veterans 

clearly that website is sponsored by AOC and her left wing extremists! 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

If you were at a high school basketball game, would you have an issue with the opposing parents cheering? Of course not. How would you feel if the opposing team's parents were booing your children?

It's sad that you can't see the difference. 

Youve clearly yet to attend a HS basketball game

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Youve clearly yet to attend a HS basketball game

Or sat in the other teams bleachers. Our youngest played BB through varsity at a Webster high school . It was an experience I’ll never forget unfortunately .

21 minutes ago, left field said:

The thing you have to remember about Greene and Boubert is that they're idiots. But this was probably done for one reason only ... fundraising.

The entire dem party has operated the same way for the last 15-20 years,they must be exempt ???

• Like 1

That wasn't cool. I prefered the FU clap as that had some grace to it. Have there been Dems that heckled during a Rep president's SOTU?

Decorum, political or otherwise, is out the door. I am continually shocked by people's behavior in public. But I'm old and remember a better time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Seriously! I dont like the heckling but where was the lefts outrage when Pelosi RIPPED UP THE SPEECH?!

Probably the same place as the Right's was when Wilson yelled at Obama in 2009 during a joint session of Congress.

It's just wrong and sets a terrible example.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Or sat in the other teams bleachers. Our youngest played BB through varsity at a Webster high school . It was an experience I’ll never forget unfortunately .

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Basketball parents are the worst.

my oldest is only in 3rd grade but i played basketball and must be times have changed because i was only yelled at by other kids in the stands, not parents.

But you did prove my point by agree that the experience sucks and that only shitty people act this way.

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Probably the same place as the Right's was when Wilson yelled at Obama in 2009 during a joint session of Congress.

It's just wrong and sets a terrible example.

I dont like either but IMO during a state of the union address is worse. Id have to go back and watch speeches from the 80s and 90s but I think both sides sat and respectfully listened. Politics are hot partisan garbage now

• Like 2