Heckling the President

29 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I prefer the non-Q loving RINOs. But wait, didn’t huntingNY unanimously decide to endorse Buttigieg in the next election if Biden steps down? 

Buttigieg??  I must have missed that one. Why is my only question????

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hey man I will say Northcountry is good people. I am thankful that unlike some others he can at least have a legit back and forth dialogue on some of the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

That’s glib, even for a quick guess. You seemingly put zero effort into contextualizing my response. But I suspect you know that. How very impish for a Sunday morning. 

This was harsh?? I thought it was playful and bordering on cute. @Northcountryman, am I the one who’s having an impish Sunday morning?

13 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

My friend, I guess Im just wondering why you always feel the need to use obfuscating language rather than providing a straight answer for us simple-minded folk.  Did you like Bush or not ?  Would you consider voting for Desantis /Haley or not?  Pretty simple isnt it?

Bush 2 was a weak leader whose wars have cost us far too much in both lives lost and treasure squandered. Since holding office, he’s demonstrated an unexpected level of humanity and remorse, and that has certainly made him a more sympathetic human being. He has also upheld the dignity of the office and he’s stood up to buffoons in the Trump administration. Respect  

This is a beautiful example of how a shifting baseline can lead to lowered standards. Up against Trump, W is clearly leagues ahead. Scary. 

I’ve allowed myself to disconnect some from the daily barrage of political commentary so I can’t offer a meaningful take of the probable GOP running field. But since I’m taken by our reciprocally impish Sunday morning, I’ll offer Romney as my GOP frontrunner. If a Democrat were to serve after Biden, who would you pick? Ignore HuntingNY’s selection (Buttigieg) for now.

10 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Bush 2 was a weak leader whose wars have cost us far too much in both lives lost and treasure squandered. Since holding office, he’s demonstrated an unexpected level of humanity and remorse, and that has certainly made him a more sympathetic human being. He has also upheld the dignity of the office and he’s stood up to buffoons in the Trump administration. Respect  

This is a beautiful example of how a shifting baseline can lead to lowered standards. Up against Trump, W is clearly leagues ahead. Scary. 

I’ve allowed myself to disconnect some from the daily barrage of political commentary so I can’t offer a meaningful take of the probable GOP running field. But since I’m taken by our reciprocally impish Sunday morning, I’ll offer Romney as my GOP frontrunner. If a Democrat were to serve after Biden, who would you pick? Ignore HuntingNY’s selection (Buttigieg) for now.

Thank you for that- great reply.  I disagree with ther first part of your assessment of Bush as a "weak" leader, but agree with the latter .  Romney, to me, is trash- weak, hypocritical and uninspiring.  

Who do I like for Democrats?  Not sure as  to me, the party ,as a whole has drifted way too far to the left.  I liked Joe Liebermann back in the day and definitely would have considered voting for him.  Also, I respect and admire Joe Manchin for standing up for his principles.  Are there any prominent moderate Democrats currently in office that could be viable candidates for '24?  A sincere question.

Edited by Northcountryman

22 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Buttigieg??  I must have missed that one. Why is my only question????

He’s a capitalist with Harvard and McKinsey pedigree. He was an executive in government, not a legislator. Decorated military vet. He’s a GOP wet dream. But he’s a Democrat. Wow. It’s like the idea of a green decoy but in reverse. Clear winner here. 

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

Thank you for that- great reply.  I disagree with ther first part of your assessment of Bush as a "weak" leader, but agree with the latter .  Romney, to me, is trash; weak, hypocritical and uninspiring.  

Who do I like for Democrats?  Not sure as  to me, the party ,as a whole has drifted way too far to the left.  I liked Joe Liebermann back in the day and definitely would have considered voting for him.  Also, I respect and admire Joe Manchin for standing up for his principles.  Are there any prominent moderate Democrats currently in office that could be viable candidates for '24?  A sincere question.

Well Biden, right? It’s why he won the primary. Old white guy who’s a moderate with working class roots. He stood up to the progressive wing of the party last week and said “fund the police, not defund.” There isn’t a credible candidate in the right who can approach the center to the extent that Biden has. Impossible. Uncontested seats pull the parties to the edges. No incentives to appeal to both sides. 

5 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Well Biden, right? It’s why he won the primary. Old white guy who’s a moderate with working class roots. He stood up to the progressive wing of the party last week and said “fund the police, not defund.” There isn’t a credible candidate in the right who can approach the center to the extent that Biden has. Impossible. Uncontested seats pull the parties to the edges. No incentives to appeal to both sides. 

Maybe he used to be more moderate -like , 20 yrs ago, perhaps- but clearly, now, no longer is.  Besides, he is just plain awful....

8 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

He’s a capitalist with Harvard and McKinsey pedigree. He was an executive in government, not a legislator. Decorated military vet. He’s a GOP wet dream. But he’s a Democrat. Wow. It’s like the idea of a green decoy but in reverse. Clear winner here. 

Just did a quick read in some of his policies. The thing I don’t like is the Medicare for all part and the universal education part. I don’t want to pay for someone else’s health insurance. And not sure how this could happen without us paying for it in taxes. Maybe there is another way he plans on doing it. I don’t want to have to pay for others schooling. I’ve got a senior and a sophomore in college. There education will be paid for within the next 6 years. I do not want to have to pay for others schooling and wouldn’t expect others to pay for my kids schooling. 
Other than that I didn’t see anything glaring but again it was just a quick search. 

3 hours ago, Chef said:

So gas is going to get high because of the Ukraine situation it’s a global supply and demand thing. Even increased production here wouldn’t help.

The Biden administration is actually using title 42
And expelling migrants coming on foot…
Look it up yourself. I believe the migrant caravans happened under Trump too did they not ?

I bet the Dems do better than you expect…. But what I think will really surprise you is the amount of Trump endorsed republicans that loose to moderates.

Yeah I guess we had high fuel prices when we had our own supply huh?  Another clueless reply.    Biden did Jack shit about border issues besides opening the doors and letting them float in and the shipping them all across the country. And he never even talked about any of it until he saw his approval numbers dropping. Just like the defund the police went to let’s fund the police after they saw that 30% and know their asses are beat come November and they lose it all.                                                 Now you have had 24 hours to show all these facts about our food increases happening under Trumps watch.  You think you can throw those facts up here or are you once again show your just full of hot air against the orange man. 

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Seriously…. Fund the police after he saw his approval rating at 30% and the American people sinking his ass. You leftist of course would like to think differently even though they pulled the same crap at the border. Let’s let millions in until the polls show the American people are going to kill you in November and now try to make it sound like they are doing something about it.         Typical Democratic moves. 

• Like 1

Yeah I guess we had high fuel prices when we had our own supply huh?  Another clueless reply.    Biden did Jack shit about border issues besides opening the doors and letting them float in and the shipping them all across the country. And he never even talked about any of it until he saw his approval numbers dropping. Just like the defund the police went to let’s fund the police after they saw that 30% and know their asses are beat come November and they lose it all.                                                 Now you have had 24 hours to show all these facts about our food increases happening under Trumps watch.  You think you can throw those facts up here or are you once again show your just full of hot air against the orange man. 

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/APU0000FF1101?amp%253bdata_tool=XGtable&output_view=data&include_graphs=true

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/APU0000701111?amp%253bdata_tool=XGtable&output_view=data&include_graphs=true

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/APU0000703111?amp%253bdata_tool=XGtable&output_view=data&include_graphs=true

Here you go, boneless skinless chicken, flour and ground chuck. Historical price data this should show how clueless you are

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Lol. Seriously you think that shows anything? Numbers up and down across the board. From back in 2012?  Form democrat to Republican to democrat. Those figures show nothing to the real world living of today compared to Trumps term. Every facet of life has been raised up to double.   That makes about as much sense as your statement that we would not have lower fuel prices making our own oil after its already been a proven fact.  Again can’t wait to hear your excuses here in another year if we are not knee deep in war by then. Chicken and flour. That’s a good one. 

5 hours ago, Chef said:

Rigged lol. You smoking crack ? . Even Trumps SCOTUS and VP put a stop to that crap

SCOTUS never looked at it...they didn't put a stop to anything, just looked the other way... Hunter smokes the crack, I believe.

• Like 2

SCOTUS never looked at it...they didn't put a stop to anything, just looked the other way... Hunter smokes the crack, I believe.

They looked and didn’t even find it worth their time let’s get it straight

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Merlot said:

They all will have a choice the next time around.  There will be a next time. The left will have four more years to wonder how they could not pull a 2nd scam off

2 hours ago, Chef said:

They looked and didn’t even find it worth their time let’s get it straight

The effect of the swamp runs deep within you. Chill son...step back from the brink...the adults will be back in charge soon and fix what the swamp broke.

The effect of the swamp runs deep within you. Chill son...step back from the brink...the adults will be back in charge soon and fix what the swamp broke.

Trump is the biggest swamp creature corrupt a hole of them all. Soon enough he will be in jail

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Quality news source lol

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-did-mark-meadows-register-to-vote-at-an-address-where-he-did-not-reside

Mark Meadows, who was former President Donald Trump’s chief of staff, may have committed voter fraud when he registered a 14-by-62-foot mobile home in Scaly Mountain, North Carolina as his residential address. Meadows has never owned that property and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest he may have spent time there, according to The New Yorker’s Charles Bethea. That very well means that one of the biggest names in Republican circles who has been pushing the lie that the 2020 presidential election was plagued with voter fraud may have committed voter fraud himself.

On Sept. 19 2020, about three weeks before North Carolina’s deadline to register for the general election, Meadows filed paperwork that listed the mobile home as his residential address, which is supposed to be “where you physically live,” according to the form. He said the move-in date would be the following day. His wife, Debbie Meadows, had briefly rented the home, but the previous owner of the home said Meadows “never spent a night in there.” At the time, Meadows had sold his previous home in the state and didn’t own any property in North Carolina. Although it’s far from clear why Meadows would have listed the mobile home as his residence, The New Yorker speculates he may have seen it as important to keep voting in North Carolina amid feverish speculation he might run for a Senate seat in the state.

Ken Abele, who bought the mobile home in August 2021 said he found it strange Meadows would list it as his address. “I’ve made a lot of improvements,” Abele said. “But when I got it, it was not the kind of place you’d think the chief of staff of the president would be staying.” The director of Macon County’s Board of Elections was also confused when asked about the registration. “I’m kind of dumbfounded, to be honest with you,” she said. “I looked up this Mcconnell Road, which is in Scaly Mountain, and I found out that it was a dive trailer in the middle of nowhere, which I do not see him or his wife staying in.”

16 hours ago, Chef said:

Trump is the biggest swamp creature corrupt a hole of them all. Soon enough he will be in jail

https://www.yahoo.com/news/manhattan-das-investigation-donald-trump-152547072.html

Three years of multiple Gov't agency investigations and still nothing on what we were told three years ago was a "slam dunk" in putting the bad orange man in jail.

Imagine how great America could be if the Dems put 1/2 of their attention to what's actually happening in America, instead of wasting millions of tax payer dollars on frivolous lawsuits and investigations ?

Of course, those millions of tax payer dollars are payoff's to those that helped them get into office, but that's business as usual in DC.

Maybe they'll find something after the 100th investigation or when they exceed the 100 millionth tax dollar spent ?

• Like 1