I have raised the price everyday at my station. It is killing me having all this money sitting in the ground. I've got a little over 33000 gallons in the ground this morning. Think about how much $$ that is sitting there waiting to be sold...

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Looks like they are going to stop Russian fuel imports to the US ...... add in another .50.   But lets not open the Keystone.  ugh  

I think your right .  When I mow I use about 2.5 gallons of gas each mow . My 4 five gallon gas cans won't go far into the summer  . Apparently I'm not the only one stocking up as gas cans are hard to find now in the capital district .

Edited by sbuff

25 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I have raised the price everyday at my station. It is killing me having all this money sitting in the ground. I've got a little over 33000 gallons in the ground this morning. Think about how much $$ that is sitting there waiting to be sold...

33000x4.00= liquid gold ....

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

Being serious here, I assume that you are also paying a lot more from the supplier? I have always heard that gas stations don't really make much money off the sale of gas. 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Funny who else is here old enough to remember $0.79 gas and $0.75 slices of pizza and .25 soda .

Now 4.19 for gas!!!  when gallon of gas cost more then a gallon of milk you know you got problems.

Thanks, brandon 

Who voted for this guy ?

I remember when I was a kid,$.19.9 a gallon,attendant washed the windows,checked the oil,and said Thank You

• Like 5

I've been watching the prices climb steadily for the past few days. As of this morning, I saw prices ranging from 3.99-4.99 for a gallon of regular on my drive to work (Monroe County). I filled up my truck and and the wife's van this morning. The gas station limited the sale to $75 per sale, so I had to slide it 4 times to fell them up.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Funny who else is here old enough to remember $0.79 gas and $0.75 slices of pizza and .25 soda .

Now 4.19 for gas!!!  when gallon of gas cost more then a gallon of milk you know you got problems.

Thanks, brandon 

Who voted for this guy ?

i remember back when gas was $2.35 a gallon....... oh wait that was long ago. lol 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Being serious here, I assume that you are also paying a lot more from the supplier? I have always heard that gas stations don't really make much money off the sale of gas. 

Of course!  I would be rich if i could pay 2 bucks and sell it for 4....lol     When the market is in flux like this margin changes as rapidly as the prices. We try and average 15-18 cents per gallon....More when the market is coming down, less when it is going up....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

I've been watching the prices climb steadily for the past few days. As of this morning, I saw prices ranging from 3.99-4.99 for a gallon of regular on my drive to work (Monroe County). I filled up my truck and and the wife's van this morning. The gas station limited the sale to $75 per sale, so I had to slide it 4 times to fell them up.

That isn't the gas station, that is what your bank or credit card company will allow without a signature on a receipt...

Everyone used to be $75, some have upped them so they cut off at $100

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

Of course!  I would be rich if i could pay 2 bucks and sell it for 4....lol     When the market is in flux like this margin changes as rapidly as the prices. We try and average 15-18 cents per gallon....More when the market is coming down, less when it is going up....

So you make about $4 off my 26 gallon gas tank every time I fill up. Assuming I need to fill up every single week of the year you make $208 off of me every year. 

That's definitely not making you rich. LOL  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thanks, brandon 

Who voted for this guy ?

Yes, the days where I could fill my motorcycle tank from empty and buy a candy bar  with a $5.00 bill. 

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

So you make about $4 off my 26 gallon gas tank every time I fill up. Assuming I need to fill up every single week of the year you make $208 off of me every year. 

That's definitely not making you rich. LOL  

Nope, and of course the credit card fees double when the price doubles. We get hammered with the price this high. 

Hopefully we get over the hump quickly but I keep hearing $5 isn't very far off.....I have never done it but may have to go to a cash/credit price.  

The market just opened and gas is showing up 15 more cents today.  I went to $4.09 for regular yesterday. Looks like I'll be at least $4.19 if not $4.25 by the end of the day. I have to start catching up so i can afford the next load of fuel....My next load of fuel will be over $50,000.00 .....Back to Obummer numbers....disgusting......

• Sad 1

Nope, and of course the credit card fees double when the price doubles. We get hammered with the price this high. 
Hopefully we get over the hump quickly but I keep hearing $5 isn't very far off.....I have never done it but may have to go to a cash/credit price.  
The market just opened and gas is showing up 15 more cents today.  I went to $4.09 for regular yesterday. Looks like I'll be at least $4.19 if not $4.25 by the end of the day. I have to start catching up so i can afford the next load of fuel....My next load of fuel will be over $50,000.00 .....Back to Obummer numbers....disgusting......

You just solved a mystery for me. I never understood why the gas prices immediately jumped when the gas in the ground didn’t cost that higher price.

Makes perfect sense that if you don’t immediately raise the price to match the market you will never be able to afford the next load.

Sometimes I’m a little slow but I do eventually catch on. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

You just solved a mystery for me. I never understood why the gas prices immediately jumped when the gas in the ground didn’t cost that higher price.

Makes perfect sense that if you don’t immediately raise the price to match the market you will never be able to afford the next load.

Sometimes I’m a little slow but I do eventually catch on. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, it doesn't happen when gas increases by 1 or 1.5 cents but when its jumping 20 cents or more per day, we don't have a choice.  As it is, I'm already into my line of credit, fuel has gone up so fast i couldn't make up for what i am storing in the ground....

The only saving grace is, when fuel comes back down, usually everyone lags a day or two and margin goes up and it allows us to catch up a little. Hopefully that happens sooner than later....

• Like 1

Gas prices are going up and various organizations around the U.S. have started publishing tips about saving money on fuel. The American Petroleum Institute provides the following recommendations

1. Keep your vehicle's engine in good condition. A well-tuned engine allows you to travel one mile farther per gallon of fuel.
    2. Maintain proper air pressure in your tires. Here, the amount of fuel savings is also about one extra mile per gallon.
    3. The faster you travel, the greater your fuel consumption is. (You lose approximately two miles per gallon every time you raise your speed by 10 mph).
    4. Try to speed up gradually when you stop for a traffic light.
    5. Try to drive smoothly. Stopping, accelerating, or decreasing your speed leads to the loss of two miles per gallon of fuel.
    6. Do not allow your engine to idle. Turn the ignition off whenever possible.
    7. Use the air-conditioner sparingly as it requires a large amount of power.

The Federal Trade Commission recommends the following:

• Observe speed limits.
  • Avoid aggressive driving.
  • Plan your trips. One long trip is better than a few short ones.
  • Do not overload the vehicle. A 200 pound weight increases fuel consumption by 2%.
  • Avoid placing things on top of your car. This can reduce the fuel economy by 5%.
  • Change oil and oil filters frequently.
  • Read your car manual and use the type of gas recommended by the manufacturer. Higher octane gas does not increase fuel efficiency and may not have any positive influence on the car engine.
  • Do not buy devices from manufacturers who promise dramatic fuel economy. Research shows that in most cases, such devices are useless and sometimes even harmful.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Thanks, brandon 

Who voted for this guy ?

I remember as a kid when I would have yo walk to the store to get a gallon of gas for the push mower to mow the lawn . My mom would give me a dollar and I could buy the gas  and some gum . 

Buying that plug in hybrid for my wife seems like a better choice each day. Fuel/electricity cost I back of napkin'd was $3.80 for my round trip to work in that thing when I drove it this week for giggles, vs just over $16 in my 4Runner. I could lower the cost more if I could charge that thing at work, too. 

Edited by phade