Before the bullet shortages, I used to re-load some cartridges and head to Portville Conservation Club to shoot. 25 mile round trip once a week.  Without my Nosler/Hornady bullets to load I have nothing to load, therefore I don't drive over...what a plan...I now blow those savings on Tim Horton coffee and dognuts now... Oh wait...Hortons got pricey too...guess I'm going to make dognuts at home now...Thanks Joe and Hoe and puppet master Osama...I mean Obama... pulling the strings.. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You could mothball your Subaru, pick up, camper and boat for a year and you’ll still be heavily effected by $150-$200 oil.   

Buckle up……(lol never mind, your not driving!)

Sure , but using a tank every 2-3 weeks is a lot better then most , and that EE furnace we put in seems to have been good timing . I’m hoping high gas prices keeps people from camping !! I was going to sell the boat, but if people boat less due to gas prices I may keep,it . There’s a silver lining in everything if you look .

Perhaps  we should buy our tickets to AK soon though , got a two week cruise , land tour booked .

We will hit The Bishops Storehouse when we return , to really build up our pantry to offset any food price increases for a year or so .

Yes we all have our attention drawn to the cost of a fill-up these days, and rightly so. But what nobody talks about is the fact that the asphalt that we drive on is a petro-product. And even more of an effect is that everything that you pick up that is PLASTIC, is a petroleum product. And there are so many other items that we seldom even think of as being related to petroleum. This war on fossil fuel goes a whole lot farther than just our gas tank.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes we all have our attention drawn to the cost of a fill-up these days, and rightly so. But what nobody talks about is the fact that the asphalt that we drive on is a petro-product. And even more of an effect is that everything that you pick up that is PLASTIC, is a petroleum product. And there are so many other items that we seldom even think of as being related to petroleum. This war on fossil fuel goes a whole lot farther than just our gas tank.

I’m in the middle of purchasing a gas guzzler so I’m not thrilled about this either. But is there really a way to transition to renewable energy without financial disincentives that would push folks away from petrol? 

On the bright side Gold is up $56 today .

edit: now up $76 , I made enough today to buy 15 or so barrels of oil , great day ! Loading the cooler for the beach now . Short walk , so no gas ….

Edited by Nomad

55 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

Why have a diesel, the 6.0 gets better fuel on average and does it all.

Are you referring to a 6.0 chevy? LOL  If so, you must not have drive any diesel pickup from the modern era, cause there's no comparison.  The little 6.0 might be okay for dragging your little boat around or hauling glider fuel in the back, but if you need to haul anything heavy the diesel is the way to go.  It's all about your needs...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A month ago it was down close to $4 again here. Now it's back up to $4.69-4.89. It's ridiculous. The dipstick in charge of NYS was supposed to put some wort of freeze on gas, but it takes effect in June. I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks[mention=762]Chef[/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn’t know my name was Putin. Oh and who was president when gas prices started on the upward trend ?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Chef said:

Sorry I didn’t know my name was Putin. Oh and who was president when gas prices started on the upward trend ?

Just stop ,prices were over 4 dollars before the invasion.

• Like 4

Barrel of  oil prices started jumping before the election . Obiden was running his mouth about shutting down xl pipeline  ending gas leases and more restrictions  on oil and natural gas . Price per barrel went up on speculation of obiden getting elected. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Barrel of  oil prices started jumping before the election . Obiden was running his mouth about shutting down xl pipeline  ending gas leases and more restrictions  on oil and natural gas . Price per barrel went up on speculation of obiden getting elected. 

Your making sense , the liberal’s on this sight have no idea what your talking about .