We were able to get gas for $3.80 on the way to Orlando . Drivers are nuts down here . We were doing 75 in the 70 mph highway and had vehicles passing us like we were standing still . Cars zig zagging in and out and many drivers don't use their turn signals . Saw a lot of near miss accidents .

[mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] tell me you at least dumped some money into oil stocks/funds?
I went balls deep on 2-22. Heck yeah...heck yeah.

Haha I did not. I went balls deep on a house in CT lol. The good news is I pulled a bunch of $ out in early January I’ll get a big chunk back in 2 weeks when i sell NY and re enter the market lower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 3/4/2022 at 8:11 AM, phantom said:

Funny who else is here old enough to remember $0.79 gas and $0.75 slices of pizza and .25 soda .

Now 4.19 for gas!!!  when gallon of gas cost more then a gallon of milk you know you got problems.

Thanks, brandon 

Who voted for this guy ?

Ha I’m 62 , I remember going to Carols as a kid and getting 2 burgers, fries, shake and having change from a dollar…

Gas I remember being like .32 a gallon and people bitching about it :)

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, fasteddie said:

We were able to get gas for $3.80 on the way to Orlando . Drivers are nuts down here . We were doing 75 in the 70 mph highway and had vehicles passing us like we were standing still . Cars zig zagging in and out and many drivers don't use their turn signals . Saw a lot of near miss accidents .

Orlando’s funny, going from Cocoa beach to the Orlando airport , it’s a mellow easy drive ,via 528.

Over on RT 4 you could not pay me $100 an hour and a free tank of gas to drive that ,if one considers alternating from miles of stop,and go to a high speed free for all , driving . I’d rather spend 2x the time to go, around .

On 3/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, fasteddie said:

Wife and i drove down to Sarasota area from southern tier and would like to avoid the drive again. Same experiences you had. Nothing like having to drive white knuckle down and back with All the Dale Ernhardt imitators weaving in and out. Route 95 in S.C. was an experience all its own.

8 hours ago, luberhill said:

Ha I’m 62 , I remember going to Carols as a kid and getting 2 burgers, fries, shake and having change from a dollar…

Gas I remember being like .32 a gallon and people bitching about it :)

As a young guy I remember how much I liked my parents taking us to Carolls. Burgers were .20 then went to. 25. Remember my dad complaining.  Was one in Newark and Weedsport that we went to.

Also remember the gas rationing in the 70s. They didn't ration on the thruway. I had a place to sneak off through a farm field with my 4wd truck. Never worried about an empty tank. 

34 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Wife and i drove down to Sarasota area from southern tier and would like to avoid the drive again. Same experiences you had. Nothing like having to drive white knuckle down and back with All the Dale Ernhardt imitators weaving in and out. Route 95 in S.C. was an experience all its own.

What route ? We’re in Sarasota now, Lido beach actually. We don’t take 95, avoid that at all costs, we hit a small part of it around SC/ Geo, then back roads through Fla. to The Villages, then an easy drive to Cocoa Beach .

When we left CB cut across the state to Sarasota, the mainland around there can be a challenge but the keys are a can of corn .

No 95, No rt 4 .

On 3/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, phade said:

@Biz-R-OWorld tell me you at least dumped some money into oil stocks/funds?

I went balls deep on 2-22. Heck yeah...heck yeah.

Been buying physical gold the last few months, and if we were home I’d be buying more .

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

Was 95 backed up around hardeeville SC? Always run into backed up traffic there always accidents. They say the interstate narrows down there. That's why it's alWays backed up.

5 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Was 95 backed up around hardeeville SC? Always run into backed up traffic there always accidents. They say the interstate narrows down there. That's why it's alWays backed up.

My first ever road trip to Florida, a couple months ago, involved a portion of 95 through SC. We were warned of the narrowing down to 2 lanes each way, which made driving a little more of a challenge, plus the upkeep of the stretch was not good. 

No back up or accidents northbound, but a couple on the southbound lanes. Maybe fly next time, if the car rental costs aren't so crazy high. 

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

What route ? We’re in Sarasota now, Lido beach actually. We don’t take 95, avoid that at all costs, we hit a small part of it around SC/ Geo, then back roads through Fla. to The Villages, then an easy drive to Cocoa Beach .

When we left CB cut across the state to Sarasota, the mainland around there can be a challenge but the keys are a can of corn .

No 95, No rt 4 .

southbound took route through Pa, Virgina's, NC, SC and then picked up the 95. Went through Charlotte, then eventually Orlando (rt4). Our trip was in October, so things were not too bad, but I made sure of avoiding Orlando and Charlotte at all costs on the return journey. Fly over the Bullcrap next time.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Thank you Joe and Crew

Love it I travel 112miles by round trip to work good thing I'm going out for a knee replacement

144 miles round trip here.. cost me 49$ to fill my little civic up this morning. at 4.39$/gallon

Straight trash! 

• Sad 1

I am going to make a few changes to cut my gas consumption this year.  First I need to register the rowboat that I picked up for $100 bucks a couple years ago, and get a portable kit for the little depth finder that I bought recently (that will also be handy for ice fishing). I’ll use that little boat for far trips and just use my bigger boat local.  I have always wanted to try Hemlock lake and that will give me an excuse to do it. 

My 5.5 Evinrude uses a lot less gas than the 70 Johnson on my bigger boat and I can haul the 12 footer on top of our 25 mpg mini van, rather than our 15 mpg Silverado.  That big thirsty truck is going to stay in the barn, unless I need it to tow my boat for local fishing trips or to haul something big.  I’ll stick with my 32 mpg Equinox for most of my driving.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nomad said:

Fortunately being retired we don’t have to drive much at all, other then traveling and really once we get where we’re going the car mostly sits .

The working man has my sympathy.

You could mothball your Subaru, pick up, camper and boat for a year and you’ll still be heavily effected by $150-$200 oil.   

Buckle up……(lol never mind, your not driving!)

• Haha 1