American Freedom Convoy....

1 minute ago, Belo said:

until you're late for work or emergency vehicles can't get through right?

Or that new bow or gun someone ordered is late or lost. Or when ammo isn't on the shelves because people feel the need to act out and not do their jobs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Belo said:

until you're late for work or emergency vehicles can't get through right?

If they have the proper permits and approvals then all of that should be accounted for. Like I said, if they play by the rules like every other protest should, and I have no reason to believe they won't, then they can do what they want. For me, it has nothing to do with what they are protesting, they could be demanding the return of New Coke for all I care. If they decide to go beyond what has been approved and planned for by the permit issuers, and again, I have no reason to think that they will, then it becomes a different issue. 

Listen, I'm getting sucked into an argument about something that I really only care enough about to make a passing comment about it on an internet hunting forum. I don't care enough about this to debate it, and I really don't think that we're really arguing the same thing here. I agree, I don't know what their goal is, I don't know why they are protesting, but I really don't care that much. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 2

So, some of you endorse this even though some of those trucks could have medical supplies or things like baby food and formula?

Everyone was ticked off about supply disruptions, but now it's cool? People are ticked off about the price of things going up, partially due to items not being transported because people didn't want to go to work, but break out the party hats and fireworks for this crap? WTH is wrong with some of you! Yeah, this country's gone frigging insane, let's screw up other people's lives, so we can protest nothing (sure sounds like something the left would pull, maybe use red masks instead of black). This crap was ridiculous in Canada, and it's ridiculous now.

So, some of you endorse this even though some of those trucks could have medical supplies or things like baby food and formula?

Everyone was ticked off about supply disruptions, but now it's cool? People are ticked off about the price of things going up, partially due to items not being transported because people didn't want to go to work, but break out the party hats and fireworks for this crap? WTH is wrong with some of you! Yeah, this country's gone frigging insane, let's screw up other people's lives, so we can protest nothing (sure sounds like something the left would pull, maybe use red masks instead of black). This crap was ridiculous in Canada, and it's ridiculous now.

I'm sure all those trucks must have baby formula on them and not empty. And I do support it if for the right reasons. I don't have a problem with BLM protests neither it's the violence I have a problem with. Protesting is part of the rights we have in this country whether I agree with the reason or not.

And sometimes it's the only outlet there is when the elected have yet again failed the people. Then the people need to be heard. People are ticked off at supply disruptions not because of the hard working truck driver but because of poorly run govt mandates, policies and regulations.

Is every one supposed to sit on their hands cause it's inconvenient for others?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Belo said:

Private employers will always be able to require whatever the hell they want. The feds cannot change that, so the protest doesn't matter.

Do you not think healthcare workers are what these guys are so upset about? Do you think it makes sense to just completely abolish all healthcare restrictions? 

Federal employees are not part of the private sector, sorry if my first statement was confusing.  Healthcare workers should have the choice, just like you and I. I work with the public,  and I have a choice,  so should they.

Employers can choose employment requirements, but not be forced by the government, federal,  or state. 

I may not agree with someone choice, but I don't have the right to choose for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm sure all those trucks must have baby formula on them and not empty. And I do support it if for the right reasons. I don't have a problem with BLM protests neither it's the violence I have a problem with. Protesting is part of the rights we have in this country whether I agree with the reason or not.

And sometimes it's the only outlet there is when the elected have yet again failed the people. Then the people need to be heard. People are ticked off at supply disruptions not because of the hard working truck driver but because of poorly run govt mandates, policies and regulations.

Is every one supposed to sit on their hands cause it's inconvenient for others?

I don't even know how to reply to this. As for that last part, that's a seriously messed up way of thinking. Sure, no food on store shelves, or no ammo in an already crappy shortage because I want to pitch a fit about nothing. I usually agree with most of what you say, but that statement is something I'd expect from the "all about me screw the rest of the world" guys, not you man. I would be all for this if there was a solid reason for it. There isn't! I guess I'm more about not messing with the lives of a lot of people to prove a non-point. This protest will do as much good as using a bottle cap as an umbrella in a monsoon.

Why don't you see massive protests like this to defend the Second Amendment? Why aren't people taking to the streets to protest that gun manufacturers can be held responsible for what some low life scumbag does with a gun made by them? Why aren't people marching to reduce taxes? Why aren't people going nuts because Cuomo was let off on sexual harassment? If you want to stand up for something, make it worthwhile.

I don't even know how to reply to this. As for that last part, that's a seriously messed up way of thinking. Sure, no food on store shelves, or no ammo in an already crappy shortage because I want to pitch a fit about nothing. I usually agree with most of what you say, but that statement is something I'd expect from the "all about me screw the rest of the world" guys, not you man. I would be all for this if there was a solid reason for it. There isn't! I guess I'm more about not messing with the lives of a lot of people to prove a non-point. This protest will do as much good as using a bottle cap as an umbrella in a monsoon.

Why don't you see massive protests like this to defend the Second Amendment? Why aren't people taking to the streets to protest that gun manufacturers can be held responsible for what some low life scumbag does with a gun made by them? Why aren't people marching to reduce taxes? Why aren't people going nuts because Cuomo was let off on sexual harassment? If you want to stand up for something, make it worthwhile.
I agree with all of those but it is not up to me to decide who and what other people protest or stand for. I don't have to agree with it.

To think all those trucks are filled with orders of baby formula is ridiculous. Do you really think independent truckers are taking full loads of goods with them?

Because it is inconvenient for others they shouldn't stand for something they believe? If they feel they need to protest that badly and it's peaceful I have no problem with it.

Admire their conviction. Why are you and I not out protesting all those things you listed that we agree on? They have the sand to do it and feel they must I don't have a problem with it. We should be in Albany protesting bail reform every day. But being inconvenient for others isn't the reason we aren't there.

There is food on the shelves none of us are starving, and the shortage of ammo has nothing to do with a trucker protest. That's a convenient stretch to fit your argument. Why are you against this protest? Cause you don't agree with it? I don't agree with most protests and think they are a waste of time but I will never stand against them as long as they peaceful.

Just as I wont stand against freedom of speech if it's a topic I don't believe in. All speech must be free or none of it is.

The trucking industry that is paying $5 a gallon for gas for their livelihood due to poor administration and policy seems like a good reason to me.

Now that being said it looks to me like it has def fallen apart some as it started for mandates due to Covid which has lessened. And I agree that this isn't needed for that now. But I can see it reforming for so many other issues. From border security to the keystone pipeline. And remember because NY lifted the mask mandate the federal requirements are still in place. I still have to wear a mask everyday at work per federal government regulations for Transportation as well as state regulations for health care facilities. But I can go to a football game with 70,000 people and not have to wear one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

The government has over reached and abused their powers over the last 2 years. The convoy is about ours, and future generations freedoms.  The convoy is about protesting all the things you just mentioned,  not just 1 thing. It is not about being Republicans,  or Democrat. But united as Americans and standing for all individual freedom for all Americans.  Sadly something our politicians forgot about long ago.

• Like 3

You all want a reason for this?

Maybe call it a general protest for the giant shit show the administration has been running on this country for the last year, and intends to keep running for at least another three.

For those worried about the inconvenience this is going to cause them, I hope you're not delayed too long getting to work. And I'm pretty certain that there will be enough food for your babies to eat. Sometimes fighting to retain our freedoms isn't easy or convenient. Thank the universe or God or whatever power you believe in, that we have the right to protest without bombs and missiles raining down on us, like some.

Edited by eaglemountainman
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I would not think the trailers would be loaded with anything other than supply’s for said protest. If they are stealing by not delivering medical supplies or baby formula I am sure we would have heard about it. You can not just not deliver a brokered load that would be theft.

5 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Or that new bow or gun someone ordered is late or lost. Or when ammo isn't on the shelves because people feel the need to act out and not do their jobs.

These people own there trucks and businesses and can operate them when and as they would like. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DirtTime said:

So they should just sit back for the better of other people?  Maybe when people go without some will get the clue. 

Funny how those that quoted me didn't address what I mentioned about not seeing this sort of thing for any of the serious issues, gun control, taxes, or the prices of gas going through the roof. That says a lot. Masks bad, shots bad, gas prices good, gun control good.

I stated why I'm not on board with this, and as I keep saying when something people want isn't on a store shelf, people will cry because that's what many do. To think independent truckers don't haul every day essentials is beyond even replying about. Like I said, I guess I'm just not one of those people who only thinks about me and no care for anyone else.

I'm not the one twisting things to fit my narrative, I'm pointing out flaws in how people think about protesting. It's not my problem if people can't see far enough past their own noses to accept valid points and reasoning.

Carry on, folks, fight the good fight!

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Funny how those that quoted me didn't address what I mentioned about not seeing this sort of thing for any of the serious issues, gun control, taxes, or the prices of gas going through the roof. That says a lot. Masks bad, shots bad, gas prices good, gun control good.

I stated why I'm not on board with this, and as I keep saying when something people want isn't on a store shelf, people will cry because that's what many do. To think independent truckers don't haul every day essentials is beyond even replying about. Like I said, I guess I'm just not one of those people who only thinks about me and no care for anyone else.

I'm not the one twisting things to fit my narrative, I'm pointing out flaws in how people think about protesting. It's not my problem if people can't see far enough past their own noses to accept valid points and reasoning.

Carry on, folks, fight the good fight!

I think you don’t fully understand everything that the convoy is protesting, it not just Covid mandates. Here is a link to their website if you care to learn more about their cause.
https://thepeoplesconvoy.org/

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

54 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

stated why I'm not on board with this, and as I keep saying when something people want isn't on a store shelf, people will cry

The foolish , will cry and there’s no shortage of them , I agree . Anyone who hasn’t stocked up on essential supplies by now ,to smooth out any supply disruptions has rolled the dice and it’s on them .

Shortage of workers, drivers, raw materials, possibility of cyber attacks, demand outpacing supply , sanctions ,sky rocketing costs,  retaliation for sanctions and on and on . But, but, but the store will have it , perhaps .