Proposed crossbow legislation for 2022

nyslowhand

20 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If tax payers weren’t paying for abortions or safe drug facilities I would see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well outlawing abortions not funded by the government would be a good example right? There are probably other examples I could have chose too, but I think you get my point. 

On 4/25/2022 at 6:46 AM, G-Man said:

Shoot a doe with twin fawns early season not much fat on them then. 

And let the fawns follow you out during the drag before you shoot them to cut down on the distance to drag them . Smarter not harder is what I always say.

• Like 2

What the hell do abortions, or who's paying for them, have to do with a crossbow bill? Some should pay attention to the decline of this forum due to a few people who can't help themselves from bringing this crap into a hunting related topic.

I think it's just time to pass full inclusion of crossbows and be done with it, so we can move onto the next topic of panty twisting debates. Ya know, like when the leaves are allowed to change and fall.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

What the hell do abortions, or who's paying for them, have to do with a crossbow bill? Some should pay attention to the decline of this forum due to a few people who can't help themselves from bringing this crap into a hunting related topic.

I think it's just time to pass full inclusion of crossbows and be done with it, so we can move onto the next topic of panty twisting debates. Ya know, like when the leaves are allowed to change and fall.

When your only argument against is centered on selfish elitism, it is time for “deflection”.     He will probably bring up the Nazis next.  

16 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

He will probably bring up the Nazis next.  

and he'll switch to gun during gun season instead of sticking with the bow. He'll probably use a shotgun instead of a bow for turkey season too. 

well outlawing abortions not funded by the government would be a good example right? There are probably other examples I could have chose too, but I think you get my point. 

A much better example yes.

I think abortions should be mandatory for some and all drugs should be legal. But I also think it’s BS that the easiest tool gets the best two weeks as it is currently setup. But in reality I can’t get an abortion, I don’t do drugs and I probably will never hunt with an Xbow again until I need to so none of it really matters to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

A much better example yes.

I think abortions should be mandatory for some and all drugs should be legal. But I also think it’s BS that the easiest tool gets the best two weeks as it is currently setup. But in reality I can’t get an abortion, I don’t do drugs and I probably will never hunt with an Xbow again until I need to so none of it really matters to me.

You said it perfect. Until you need to. Right now the push for use is for the majority that need to. 

6 hours ago, Belo said:

lmao. Majority? Since when was the majority elderly and handicaped? 

Majority that need the law passed that’s in for crossbow right now. The young and the elderly that can’t bow hunt any longer.         Baby steps will be needed for full inclusion i believe. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

The bickering about full inclusion of crossbows will never end . Once it's passed , people will still argue that it shouldn't have . Just a viscous circle !

I like to think of it more as "passing the time". Us "bickering" doesn't hurt anyone either.

32 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

The best thing about owning your own hunting property is that no one else's opinion matters and you use whatever implement you want . Buy property and be free of the discussion !

I used to be this guy, then it was all gone in an instant. More people hunt public land than you might think and are impacted by this. If you weren't lucky enough to grow up with land or inherit it, you might be shocked what it costs just to get 5 or 10 acres. 

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

I like to think of it more as "passing the time". Us "bickering" doesn't hurt anyone either.

I used to be this guy, then it was all gone in an instant. More people hunt public land than you might think and are impacted by this. If you weren't lucky enough to grow up with land or inherit it, you might be shocked what it costs just to get 5 or 10 acres. 

If people are willing to travel a bit or maybe not and put in the time to research an area there is land to be had at reasonable prices, you might be shocked. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

The best thing about owning your own hunting property is that no one else's opinion matters and you use whatever implement you want . Buy property and be free of the discussion !

Owning your own land doesn't give anyone the right to do something illegal . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

If people are willing to travel a bit or maybe not and put in the time to research an area there is land to be had at reasonable prices, you might be shocked. 

How many of us can afford to buy "just hunting land" that they don't build a house on? Reasonable and affordable are not the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

How many of us can afford to buy "just hunting land" that they don't build a house on? Reasonable and affordable are not the same thing.

I'm stating that there is hunting land to be had at reasonable prices assuming your in the market for just that and obviously assuming you can afford it. Its common sense to assume that if you don't have the extra disposable income to make that investment then it's a non issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

I'm stating that there is hunting land to be had at reasonable prices assuming your in the market for just that and obviously assuming you can afford it. Its common sense to assume that if you don't have the extra disposable income to make that investment then it's a non issue. 

I know. we're on the same page. Just meant to state that many have no choice but to hunt public land. Hunting has always been the hobby of the common man, but it's increasingly becoming harder for many to afford and trending towards the european model even if that's not what the north american model wants. 

14 minutes ago, Belo said:

I know. we're on the same page. Just meant to state that many have no choice but to hunt public land. Hunting has always been the hobby of the common man, but it's increasingly becoming harder for many to afford and trending towards the european model even if that's not what the north american model wants. 

It's all relevant to the times,  farmers got smarter and people continue to drive up the market. Its still the common man that I see hunting by me, they just have deeper pockets or have had these properties for quite some time. Lots of down staters like my self own a large portion of the private by me, but that has been the case for a very long time. Understandably if one can't afford private, we are fortunate enough to have a ton of public lands. I see some on here that do good if not better on public then those with private. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

It's all relevant to the times,  farmers got smarter and people continue to drive up the market. Its still the common man that I see hunting by me, they just have deeper pockets or have had these properties for quite some time. Lots of down staters like my self own a large portion of the private by me, but that has been the case for a very long time. Understandably if one can't afford private, we are fortunate enough to have a ton of public lands. I see some on here that do good if not better on public then those with private. 

Public land is great and so many "unknown" parcels of small acerage can be hunted if one puts in the effort to find them  30 %  or more of state is public land

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Public land is great and so many "unknown" parcels of small acerage can be hunted if one puts in the effort to find them  30 %  or more of state is public land

agreed and only brought this up because there is a loud voice out there that says "it doesn't affect you, with what I do" and that's not always the case. As we all know, hunting a pressured deer is tough. Bowhunting a pressured deer is even tougher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Owning your own land doesn't give anyone the right to do something illegal . 

Maybe no legal but sure not hampering anyone else doing so. On land that they bought and are taxed up the yazoo for.         Kinda say they earned that right to a point. Their land-Their Rules. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1