Proposed crossbow legislation for 2022

nyslowhand

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

Put me on the list too.   

Ok, just two more and it means Belo’s numbers are correct.  Personally, I don’t care if it passes or not.  I am thankful that we can use it in the best two weeks of sz archery, and that some of us can get out after antlerless deer with guns in September.

Edited by wolc123

2 hours ago, Belo said:

now see we could have had a discussion here but you ended it with an insult. So who is really calling the kettle black?

The point came up about crossbows being a law that wouldn't affect me, so I shouldn't care. I brought up an analogy how some of those people seem to care an awful lot of about things that don't affect them, in an attempt to point out some hypocrisy. There were 3 or 4 posts about it and it never derailed to an abortion thread, so it was fine.

Us losing members has more to do with no updates and zero involvement from the owner and the 1.5 mods. 

Context is everything my friend and wishing harm on someone is something I'll never do, momma raised me right ;)

You can add me to the 6 as well... The whole legalizing crossbows for all season reminds me of giving out trophies to everybody..

And come on with an insult like this..

"Have a great day, may a camel spider crawl up your backside and lay an egg or two." 

you gotta give him a pass. I got a serious chuckle..lol

• Haha 2

Ok, just two more and it means Belo’s numbers are correct.  Personally, I don’t care if it passes or not.  I am thankful that we can use it in the best two weeks of sz archery, and that some of us can get out after antlerless deer with guns in September.

Add me, and it’s absolutely BS that the easiest tool gets the best two weeks! Those two weeks should only be for those willing to put in the time and effort to get proficient with actual archery equipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Maybe it’s time for another crossbow full inclusion pole, or can I take Belos numbers,  that we are now down to just 6 forum members who opposed. I think it’s just 3 (him, doc, and Jeremy).

I'm not 100% for full inclusion, but I'm all for passing it just so we can move along to "sharing opinions" on other topics of things we can't control.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ncountry said:

You can add me to the 6 as well... The whole legalizing crossbows for all season reminds me of giving out trophies to everybody..

"Have a great day, may a camel spider crawl up your backside and lay an egg or two." 

That wasn't an insult. It was a suggestion for a spider to find a nice, warm place to lay a few eggs.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ncountry said:

To me it’s kinda like the crossbow already got the Trophy because of the best two weeks of the season. Let’s face it. Many guys that hunt with both archery pieces are going to drop the bow and pick up the crossbow come rut time where the bucks are about always moving and then they also can reach out there 60-80 yards at a buck chasing in a field or such. Weather colder, more clothes on, harder to draw the bow. Crossbow already got the trophy. But the young and the old getting full shot would not be such a bad thing in this state. 

• Like 3

Maybe it’s time for another crossbow full inclusion pole, or can I take Belos numbers,  that we are now down to just 6 forum members who opposed. I think it’s just 3 (him, doc, and Jeremy).

Im opposed. I know its coming, but I'm not thrilled about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

To me it’s kinda like the crossbow already got the Trophy because of the best two weeks of the season.. But the young and the old getting full shot would not be such a bad thing in this state. 

100% agree, and anyone with a doctor's slip... Heck, I'm strong like bull, but because I'm dumb like pig, I'm not sure how long my shoulders will last..;)

• Haha 1

i have several friends that can shoot bow accurately 60 to 80 yrds and they dont practice but more then a couple times few weeks before season there gear is dialed in from year to year .... go on you tube theres video of guy shooting elk at 120 with compound guys out west 60 is normal pronghorn shot or mule deer....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, land 1 said:

i have several friends that can shoot bow accurately 60 to 80 yrds and they dont practice but more then a couple times few weeks before season there gear is dialed in from year to year .... go on you tube theres video of guy shooting elk at 120 with compound guys out west 60 is normal pronghorn shot or mule deer....

Agree,most guys I know pick up,their compound a couple weeks prior, to make sure it’s on . I probably shoot a hundred or so arrows a year in practice , my first arrows after a year of not shooting are kill shots .

Its not that hard ,  I’m,puzzled as why guys like to make like today’s compounds take months of practice and hundreds of arrows to ,master . 

Oh and since I have a bow  I can draw again with my bad shoulders  , my xbow largely sits those two weeks . Oh it comes out a few times, heck I paid a grand for it gotta get some use, but I find it a burden mostly .

ive told the story before ,a bunch of guys on the job,shoot in a 3D league, one guy who never shot a bow ,went along one night  , he borrowed a guys bow , liked it so he went each week . He won the league!  Using a borrowed bow each night , zero practice ,in between shoots . 

I got into bow hunting in the mid- late 80s as it seemed to offer better opportunities to Kill bucks, shot one my first year at 8 yards ( fingers single pin ,feathers ,flipper rest ) and most years since  . Owned three bows in that time , never owned a range finder ( average shot 12 yards or so )  or all the other BS toys guys think they need to kill deer , with their challenging compounds . 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Maybe not legal in the mans eyes but in this world of today that word does not hold a whole lot of water on many levels. As we have seen. Even from the top. To your rant about the animals. I can promise you that any lands I speak of are the type of hunting that I would guess you have never seen. A lack of anything is not a problem. Now tell me about how those wolves you speak of are working out for the land owners up in the UP and big country that bought their property for whitetail hunting?  Now that the vermin has ate about every 4 legged creature. Not to even mention the farmers. Tell me about all the people bitching in even this state for the lack of Turkey numbers?  Why?? Because nobody does a thing about the over population of the useless vermin in Yotes, coons and the rest of the egg suckers. I can promise you that any property I speak of does not have any of these issues. Right, Wrong or indifferent it’s just the way it is. And these people are doing better for any lands they deal with compared to the lands outside them. So in reality they are doing the next door neighbor a service. You know, The one that shoots as many deer as they can regardless of size and just maybe if it’s tagged it might be lucky and have a wives or kids tag on it.   You have much more to worry about then some very well off people that own so great hunting property because they have the smarts to build a great hunting property.  

I'm at a loss for words, and that's saying something about Belo. 

21 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Game Laws are guidelines and are often not cut and dry. No different than speed limits. I would consider myself a law abiding citizen but have and will go outside of the law to do what’s best for my property. To me someone shooting a coyote out of season, trapping a coon out of season or shooting a beaver is much different than shooting 6 bucks.

Is it? I don’t know but I sleep fine at night and have no problem looking at myself while brushing my teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, game laws are not guidelines, they are legally enforceable laws that carry punishment that can include jail time. 

Just like speeding vs murder, the book comes with various levels of penalties based on the violation. Shoot 6 bucks? bigger penalty than shooting a squirrel in March. 

My whole issue with the deer jizz master is that he feels that he has the right to do what he wants on the land because it's his. That land is his to cut down every tree if he wants. He can plant as many tress as he likes. He can make ponds, fill in ponds etc. But he cannot hunt out of season, take more game than he is allowed, he cannot use a crossbow during the first few weeks or archery. It's just a fact. Do people do it? Sure. But condoning it because "you paid a lot of taxes on it" is horseshit.

I know there are members here who own houses on less than an acre that pay more in taxes and we're not in our front yards shooting the robins and cardinals out of the trees. 

21 hours ago, wolc123 said:

only if we can have a poll of turkey hunters who hunt with a 16 gauge with poor patterns too. 

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm at a loss for words, and that's saying something about Belo. 

First, game laws are not guidelines, they are legally enforceable laws that carry punishment that can include jail time. 

Just like speeding vs murder, the book comes with various levels of penalties based on the violation. Shoot 6 bucks? bigger penalty than shooting a squirrel in March. 

My whole issue with the deer jizz master is that he feels that he has the right to do what he wants on the land because it's his. That land is his to cut down every tree if he wants. He can plant as many tress as he likes. He can make ponds, fill in ponds etc. But he cannot hunt out of season, take more game than he is allowed, he cannot use a crossbow during the first few weeks or archery. It's just a fact. Do people do it? Sure. But condoning it because "you paid a lot of taxes on it" is horseshit.

I know there are members here who own houses on less than an acre that pay more in taxes and we're not in our front yards shooting the robins and cardinals out of the trees. 

You are really clueless if you don’t think it’s a thing and happens all over the state and country. You think people are going to just sit back and let some people that really are clueless to what happens in the woods ruin something you spent your whole life obtaining? So your kinda saying that it’s ok for someone to say shoot more game then allowed as long as they use the three S’s?   I don’t have to condone anything. People have choices to either sit back and let some idiots dictate what they do regardless if it ruins their quality of life or they do something about it. Pretty simple concept. 

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

You are really clueless if you don’t think it’s a thing and happens all over the state and country. You think people are going to just sit back and let some people that really are clueless to what happens in the woods ruin something you spent your whole life obtaining? So your kinda saying that it’s ok for someone to say shoot more game then allowed as long as they use the three S’s?   I don’t have to condone anything. People have choices to either sit back and let some idiots dictate what they do regardless if it ruins their quality of life or they do something about it. Pretty simple concept. 

I'm not clueless at all. I didn't once state that it doesn't happen, we know it does. It's another to promote it publicly here.

1st. For most if not all states, biologists, rangers and others actually recommend quotas, rules and regulations. In some states they also make the laws, in others the laws are voted on by government officials. However, the officials never "just make the rules". You may understand your piece of dirt better than anyone but you are not a state biologist with an understanding of the herd health state and WMU wide.

Do I think these folks get it wrong sometimes? Sure. Do I disagree with the September and Christmas hunt? Yes, because I believe access is the issue. However, I also understand that their hands are tied or forced in some regards here.

You have the narrow minded thinking that stereotypes our community. "well on my back 40" is the kind of anecdotal and blinded approach that gets many of us in trouble. You may think there are too many deer, the guy 2 blocks down thinks there's not enough. Your goal may be a trophy and his is meat. That, that right there is why YOU don't decide what is ok and what isn't. These very game laws that you seem to dismiss were put in place to promote hunting and hunter success. Maybe you've lost sight of that because you make your living off of "selling a trophy", and I've never given you shit for that because I know you hunt some hard ass public land. But for the 3rd and final time, I cannot and will not just sit back and let you promote illegal and unethical activity. If I had the power those posts would be deleted and you'd get a timeout for violating the forum guidelines. 

Edited by Belo

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm not clueless at all. I didn't once state that it doesn't happen, we know it does. It's another to promote it publicly here.

1st. For most if not all states, biologists, rangers and others actually recommend quotas, rules and regulations. In some states they also make the laws, in others the laws are voted on by government officials. However, the officials never "just make the rules". You may understand your piece of dirt better than anyone but you are not a state biologist with an understanding of the herd health state and WMU wide.

Do I think these folks get it wrong sometimes? Sure. Do I disagree with the September and Christmas hunt? Yes, because I believe access is the issue. However, I also understand that their hands are tied or forced in some regards here.

You have the narrow minded thinking that stereotypes our community. "well on my back 40" is the kind of anecdotal and blinded approach that gets many of us in trouble. You may think there are too many deer, the guy 2 blocks down thinks there's not enough. Your goal may be a trophy and his is meat. That, that right there is why YOU don't decide what is ok and what isn't. These very game laws that you seem to dismiss were put in place to promote hunting and hunter success. Maybe you've lost sight of that because you make your living off of "selling a trophy", and I've never given you shit for that because I know you hunt some hard ass public land. But for the 3rd and final time, I cannot and will not just sit back and let you promote illegal and unethical activity. If I had the power those posts would be deleted and you'd get a timeout for violating the forum guidelines. 

Again you have it a little mixed up. Because I say that it happens has nothing to do with me promoting it. It’s not my world to decide what people do and don’t do on their own property. I have a business and I make sure to mind that business. It matters none what I think about what someone else does on their property. Have I seen some awesome properties made by landowners, one that you or anyone else would give a leg to hunt on… You betcha. It works. 

On 4/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, Four Seasons said:

Maybe no legal but sure not hampering anyone else doing so. On land that they bought and are taxed up the yazoo for.         Kinda say they earned that right to a point. Their land-Their Rules. 

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Again you have it a little mixed up. Because I say that it happens has nothing to do with me promoting it. It’s not my world to decide what people do and don’t do on their own property. I have a business and I make sure to mind that business. It matters none what I think about what someone else does on their property. Have I seen some awesome properties made by landowners, one that you or anyone else would give a leg to hunt on… You betcha. It works. 

My high school and college English teacher's would disagree. 

16 hours ago, Nomad said:

Agree,most guys I know pick up,their compound a couple weeks prior, to make sure it’s on . I probably shoot a hundred or so arrows a year in practice , my first arrows after a year of not shooting are kill shots .

Its not that hard ,  I’m,puzzled as why guys like to make like today’s compounds take months of practice and hundreds of arrows to ,master . 

Oh and since I have a bow  I can draw again with my bad shoulders  , my xbow largely sits those two weeks . Oh it comes out a few times, heck I paid a grand for it gotta get some use, but I find it a burden mostly .

ive told the story before ,a bunch of guys on the job,shoot in a 3D league, one guy who never shot a bow ,went along one night  , he borrowed a guys bow , liked it so he went each week . He won the league!  Using a borrowed bow each night , zero practice ,in between shoots . 

I got into bow hunting in the mid- late 80s as it seemed to offer better opportunities to Kill bucks, shot one my first year at 8 yards ( fingers single pin ,feathers ,flipper rest ) and most years since  . Owned three bows in that time , never owned a range finder ( average shot 12 yards or so )  or all the other BS toys guys think they need to kill deer , with their challenging compounds . 

The guys that practice all year consider 5 in a half dollar at 40 yards a good group ,not hitting a pie plate at 20. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

My high school and college English teacher's would disagree. 

And if you could comprehend the wording…Kinda say…They earned that right to a point..Their Land… Their Rules. Kinda Say= Them …They=Them…Their= Them.                 What I say means nothing to for or about anyone doing anything they please on their properties. Just as what they say would mean nothing to my land or what I do with it or on it.   Kinda goes back to that finding a business and minding it thing. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

only if we can have a poll of turkey hunters who hunt with a 16 gauge with poor patterns too. 

More deflection I see.  We could also tally up the misses from those using tight patterned 12 gauges, but what has that to do with crossbow fill inclusion ?

• Like 2