Proposed crossbow legislation for 2022

nyslowhand

2 hours ago, Belo said:

I'm not sure I understand. You say these guys are just out there slaughtering regardless of law. What would season dates matter to them?

You think an archery course would drastically change hunter habits? Hell if I had a crossbow without the NY limits I don't see why I wouldn't feel comfortable taking 50 yard shots off my ladder stand rest. 

Yes as they would instruct where shot placement should be, and show how a deer drops  and  arrows arc..   would be better than  its just like a gun!!

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I never said they were slaughtering them, I never once mentioned illegal activity by them. I just brought it up as part of the explanation as to why we don’t have shooters around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my bad, you said there were no deer around because of them, so i misread that. What would you propose the season dates be changed to? Seems like you agree and disagree with ole sperm collector. 

2 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

I don’t need to justify anything. As far as the guys taking care of what’s theirs is not a new idea. They have been doing it for years. As far as the game is concerned, if it’s standing on my property causing damage it is my game to deal with today. All because of some idiot that’s clueless to game makes laws that hurt landowners. As far as the crossbow goes, if I need to use it at anytime to continue to do what I enjoy that would be an easy choice. You can call it poaching or anything else. People are going to call it doing what they gotta do. 

The state offers predation permits and it's often lawful to shoot or trap animals out of season that are categorized as nuisance. So what damage are you talking about? At first you just said an 80 year old guy is going to use his crossbow because albany is stupid. Now we're talking about animals damaging property and doing whatever. It just keeps going with your stories. 

What line is ok to cross and what's not? If my families starving is it ok to steal bread to feed them? 

3 hours ago, Belo said:

my bad, you said there were no deer around because of them, so i misread that. What would you propose the season dates be changed to? Seems like you agree and disagree with ole sperm collector. 

The state offers predation permits and it's often lawful to shoot or trap animals out of season that are categorized as nuisance. So what damage are you talking about? At first you just said an 80 year old guy is going to use his crossbow because albany is stupid. Now we're talking about animals damaging property and doing whatever. It just keeps going with your stories. 

What line is ok to cross and what's not? If my families starving is it ok to steal bread to feed them? 

The state. Ha. Good one. The same ones that make the rules are the same ones that tell you that you don’t have a problem. Even though all the critters you once had are gone… only to be brought back in a few short years making their own decisions if they have a problem or not. Yes I know of a handful of older folks that carry their crossbow on any givin day they decide to go out in archery season. And if you think there won’t be more added on to the number of older folks in this state this year that do the same your a fool. I really don’t care if you think there stories or not. Again if you think it does not happen then think away. I would not care if you stole a loaf of bread just because you wanted to. If your ready to accept whatever repercussions from your actions then do you. These next 2 years coming are going to show you just how much crap going to go on in this country let alone just this state in the whole scheme of things. And if you don’t think that’s not going to trickle down into the hunting world then just keep pulling down those blinders. Laws are going to mean a little less as the time goes on. By Many!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Belo said:

I'm not sure I understand. You say these guys are just out there slaughtering regardless of law. What would season dates matter to them?

You think an archery course would drastically change hunter habits? Hell if I had a crossbow without the NY limits I don't see why I wouldn't feel comfortable taking 50 yard shots off my ladder stand rest. 

Yes because mamy wouldnt want to take course, and younger new hunters wpuld be instructed on importance of close ethical shots.  There will always be rebels  but the its just like a gun mentality would change. Same as passing younger buck has..65%  now over 1.5 year old compared to less than 40% only 3 years ago. 

12 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

The state. Ha. Good one. The same ones that make the rules are the same ones that tell you that you don’t have a problem. Even though all the critters you once had are gone… only to be brought back in a few short years making their own decisions if they have a problem or not. Yes I know of a handful of older folks that carry their crossbow on any givin day they decide to go out in archery season. And if you think there won’t be more added on to the number of older folks in this state this year that do the same your a fool. I really don’t care if you think there stories or not. Again if you think it does not happen then think away. I would not care if you stole a loaf of bread just because you wanted to. If your ready to accept whatever repercussions from your actions then do you. These next 2 years coming are going to show you just how much crap going to go on in this country let alone just this state in the whole scheme of things. And if you don’t think that’s not going to trickle down into the hunting world then just keep pulling down those blinders. Laws are going to mean a little less as the time goes on. By Many!

I already told you 3 times that I know it happens. The difference is that you condone it and I take issue with it.

Good luck to you this season, at this point you keep making new and conflicting points and arguing more that I've already addressed. cheers and happy Friday sir. I hope someone doesn't poach one of your trophy class bucks outta your cage and sell its rack to feed one of their hungry kids... although not sure you'd mind. 

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

I already told you 3 times that I know it happens. The difference is that you condone it and I take issue with it.

Good luck to you this season, at this point you keep making new and conflicting points and arguing more that I've already addressed. cheers and happy Friday sir. I hope someone doesn't poach one of your trophy class bucks outta your cage and sell its rack to feed one of their hungry kids... although not sure you'd mind. 

Lol. That’s always a possibility but I give to many extras away every year for someone to need to do that. Unless of course it’s the rack their looking to snack on. And again. I don’t call minding my own business and letting others do the same condoning anything. Sad part is watching the idiots get away with stuff forcing some hands to have to make those choices. 

what would you propose?

I live on the south east edge of northern zone we have a gun season this year from the 12th of Oct-December 11th. With the current season dates it’s basically impossible for a buck not to make a mistake especially when gun season includes every second of the rut.

4 miles to my south in the southern zone the gun seasons starts 38 days later. Exact same habitat, property sizes etc yet completely different herd structure.

My fix would be to do away with the northern and southern zone and have the Adirondack park have the current northern zone dates and the rest of the state go by the southern zones dates.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I live on the south east edge of northern zone we have a gun season this year from the 12th of Oct-December 11th. With the current season dates it’s basically impossible for a buck not to make a mistake especially when gun season includes every second of the rut.

4 miles to my south in the southern zone the gun seasons starts 38 days later. Exact same habitat, property sizes etc yet completely different herd structure.

My fix would be to do away with the northern and southern zone and have the Adirondack park have the current northern zone dates and the rest of the state go by the southern zones dates.

Would love to see that. 1 week each implement and no guns during rut would even be better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Would love to see that. 1 week each implement and no guns during rut would even be better. 

And at the odd chance you get 3’ of snow that week, then what have you got?

(I know you’ll have an Easy Button for it)

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Is what it is. Life goes along What do you think all these other states that have 1 week seasons do?  Just think how much better the following year would be. 

4 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Happen a couple of years ago all the buffalo hunters were snowed in after opening weekend  the next year lot of nice large bucks taken..  a shorter gun season would do wonders for the buck age.

you crack me up man. you can justify it all you want, but "some like to say it's poaching". It's the literal definition of poaching.
"some like to take care of what's yours" And for the 15th time in this thread, IT'S NOT YOURS. GAME IS THE PROPERTY OF THE PEOPLE, NOT THE F'N LAND OWNER. 
Jesus, stop trying to dress it up. You've been pretty good so far about just being honest with how you and your buddies feel, but the "times are tough for my buddies with thousands of acres" and "I'm rebelling against the gov't" shit is just sad. You wanna hunt with a crossbow and you're going to do it regardless of the law. Just be done with it there and stop trying to justify it. 

If you consider someone shooting a deer with a crossbow during archery season poaching would you consider someone that shoots a Turkey with a lead load poaching once the ban goes through?

• Like 1

https://angosiam.com/جي-اف-اتش-دبي/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/وظائف-في-السعودية-2017/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/الدولار-الاسترالي-مقابل-الجنيه/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/منتجات-شركة-كفر-الزيات-للمبيدات-والكي/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/خريطة-الثروة-المعدنية-في-السعودية/

19 hours ago, G-Man said:

Happen a couple of years ago all the buffalo hunters were snowed in after opening weekend  the next year lot of nice large bucks taken..  a shorter gun season would do wonders for the buck age.

Would you and FSW consider shutting your hunting land down completely for the entire season for the benefit of big bucks the following year?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

Would you and FSW consider shutting your hunting land down completely for the entire season for the benefit of big bucks the following year?

Already do that by only taking big bucks off the properties. And the home farm does not get touched while I spend pretty much all of the Southern zone down there. 

4 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Already do that by only taking big bucks off the properties. And the home farm does not get touched while I spend pretty much all of the Southern zone down there. 

How many big bucks off how many acres are you shooting?

32 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

All depends on the year, what I see on the properties worth going after, which end of the state I hunt, if and who I let on and my success on one or the other.   

Sounds like a dictatorship.   

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sounds like a dictatorship.   

Sounds like someone that made some of the top hunting grounds in the areas they are located in.   I guess when you own your own property you can dictate all The Who’s,What’s and Where’s.   Can’t say I have heard anyone that’s got the green light to hunt said properties complain yet. The best part is when you make great deer hunting land and have water supply that runs thru it there is a flood of about every other game animal and bird. Win-Win. 

Don't blame the DEC for no crossbow in the whole archery season. That should be laid at the feet of the state legislature. If it were up to the DEC we would of had crossbows in the whole archery season year's a go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Someone should just Hire me for the Top DEC Position- whatever that Title is. I will come out of Retirement  and make all the right decisions.  
 Crossbow with Archery on October  1st.
 Fall Turkey changed to open on October 1st again in regions 3 + 4.
 Spring Turkey to open the last Saturday  in April and Close on May 28th. 
 More Money given to the Pheasant Stocking program. 
 No Spearing of Walleyes  near any Hatchery  by the Tribal Elite.
  Rural Town Lands, vacated rural Lands last visited by the owner 20+ years back to be bought by the State and managed for Wildlife- ie- Deer,Turkey,Rabbits,Pheasants.
   Cancel Funds allocated to " Pork Projects".  
   Pen is ready to Fire- " Pork Personal ". Not their weight.. Extra Money to get another  Pheasant Farm developed. 
    My Pen is ready to approve a NY DOVE Season. Get ready to open up in the Fall Corn Fields.
 No screwing with the Lead Ammo until something  else relatively  cheap is widespread on the Shelves. 
  And More...
  bbb for Hire-- changes will be made.

You’re obviously ignorant to how ny works. As the top Dec official you’d be able to accomplish 1 of the things on your list.

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Someone should just Hire me for the Top DEC Position- whatever that Title is. I will come out of Retirement  and make all the right decisions.  

Crossbow with Archery on October  1st.

Fall Turkey changed to open on October 1st again in regions 3 + 4.

Spring Turkey to open the last Saturday  in April and Close on May 28th. 

More Money given to the Pheasant Stocking program. 

No Spearing of Walleyes  near any Hatchery  by the Tribal Elite.

Rural Town Lands, vacated rural Lands last visited by the owner 20+ years back to be bought by the State and managed for Wildlife- ie- Deer,Turkey,Rabbits,Pheasants.

Cancel Funds allocated to " Pork Projects".  

Pen is ready to Fire- " Pork Personal ". Not their weight.. Extra Money to get another  Pheasant Farm developed. 

My Pen is ready to approve a NY DOVE Season. Get ready to open up in the Fall Corn Fields.

No screwing with the Lead Ammo until something  else relatively  cheap is widespread on the Shelves. 

And More...

bbb for Hire-- changes will be made.;)

You are on the right track there Bill, but just a few more tweaks would be good.   First, add a special, statewide “traditional” archery season for deer, starting September 15 where only longbows and recurves could be used, then let the compounds and crossbows in together on Oct 1.

Include regions 8 & 9 in the October 1 reopening of the fall turkey season.  

Reopen statewide spring sucker spearing in the creeks.  That was a sport I loved as a youngster and would like to be able to do it again.  I think they banned it in our local streams around 1990.  

I would like to see a third buck tag, for those who purchase archery, gun, and ML, licenses.  Bucks are a renewable resource, and should be managed for meat not horns.  

The failure of the crossbow expansion this year was a minor setback.  I really wish they would have left out the part about getting rid of the poundage and width restrictions.  That might be what did it in this year.    I am very thankful that we will still be able to use them in my favorite time to hunt deer - the peak two weeks of the rut.  

I thought it might go thru this year, after the momentum of all those great changes that the state made for deer hunters last year, each of which put a deer in my freezer: Early September antlerless gun season, restored antlerless Adirondack ML season, extra half hours of hunting time each day beyond sunrise/sunset, and Holliday ML season.

I see the September early antlerless is already a go for this year.  I am growing tired of turkey hunting, after not even hearing one on my last outing, and I really looking forward to chasing deer again.  I am going to try and get an antlerless deer in September with my crossbow.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Come on Man- cool the F off.

I wrote the above as a Light post because Bored members keep this Thread going.

Pretty soon instead of 19 members logged in- we will have zero.

I think that was a joke about NY. Not a slight against you. Lol

• Thanks 1

Come on Man- cool the F off.
 I wrote the above as a Light post because Bored members keep this Thread going.
  Pretty soon instead of 19 members logged in- we will have zero.

There’s nothing to cool off about, my reply was to how F***ed up NY is, in that the top dec official has basically zero say in our game laws.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1