Garden 2022

crappyice

1 hour ago, BizCT said:

6910c391eea06b7d859b0dd306ff39e5.jpg

It never rains!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As we say at work... where can you be wrong 50% and still keep your job ... management and meteorology.  Never trust the weather forecast they can't predict  night and day .  I will water unless I see rain with my own eyes.

• Like 2

Chipmunk down! But tomatoes are falling over, zucchini plants lost their battle to the heat and weeds need my attention. 

I'm hot but this was my haul from today. Watch a little baseball, drink a little saki and enjoy the Mets taking four of five from the braves.

20220807_153328.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Todays harvest:
a8a5b5dd79aca6953d00297307855556.jpg
Could it be the cause of this-perfect tomato that needed one more day...it was there last night!!!
71f08da5f36ba229da3fe1fc606b71e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough eating. Well not for you Blackstone guys. Skin it and Blackstone it. Boom better then venison. 

Edited by corydd7
  • Like 1

Havent taken pics but the garden is producing it sbest its ever done in the 4 years weve been here. Zukes out the ace, cucumbers struggling, corn is popping good, tomatoes are huge and the cherry tomatoes are by the hundreds/thougsands. Peppers doing good, accidentally fell into one plant and messed it up good. so i pulled it. lol. 

Going to put some turnips in this week, as well as new cukes, carrots, Lettuce and cilantro. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, crappyice said:

c4f0ccb1e1948728e7176b8583187d61.jpg
Maybe it was the possum as nothing seems to be chewed last night.

Still can't get the squash to produce

were those yellow on the ground? I've had 2 this year with soft rotted ends, but both were touching ground when i found them.

Squash looks like you have some blossom rot. I've had it in the past, I found that adding calcium to the soil solved my issues. I bought a few containers of tums and ground them up and mixed into water. Seemed to do the trick for me. I now add calcium before I plant every year and haven't had it since....

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Crush up tums and add them to water and water the squash plant

Melons started to flower today. Still losing tomatoes to another chipmunk.  Brussel sprouts are such a pain in the butt, I'm glad I walked the garden today because for the second time this year (two years in a row)there are tiny black bugs that decimate the plant very very quickly. Put DE on them and my eggplant. 

I'm losing peppers to snapped branches never had this problem do to deer browse. Tomorrow I'll pick cucumbers and eggplant but have no clue what to do but sell them/ give away. Good problem to have.

Melons started to flower today. Still losing tomatoes to another chipmunk.  Brussel sprouts are such a pain in the butt, I'm glad I walked the garden today because for the second time this year (two years in a row)there are tiny black bugs that decimate the plant very very quickly. Put DE on them and my eggplant. 
I'm losing peppers to snapped branches never had this problem do to deer browse. Tomorrow I'll pick cucumbers and eggplant but have no clue what to do but sell them/ give away. Good problem to have.

Try spraying neem oil on the bugs it will fix the problem

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, corydd7 said:

Chipmunk down! But tomatoes are falling over, zucchini plants lost their battle to the heat and weeds need my attention. 

I'm hot but this was my haul from today. Watch a little baseball, drink a little saki and enjoy the Mets taking four of five from the braves.

20220807_153328.jpg

yeah my zukes are all but done too

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Wtf man....that ain't no chipmunk
b41bab6c9e93b70b575e7072f263f7f2.jpg

me thinks your possum has a friend......

never know whats out there.  Trailcam time and reset the trap!  

I had a bald eagle in the tree in my backyard on Tues.  Pulled in the driveway and he took off. 

• Like 2

First time I havent picked. Zukes and yellow squash will get pulled this weekend . They are done . Tomatoes are  ripening  quick. Might start a batch of sauce this weekend . Have some peppers turning  red . Tons of green peppers. Thinking stuffed peppers for supper this weekend. Yesterday I was picking and a young couple and there children were riding bikes . When they came back down the hill I stood out near the road and stopped them . Told them they needed to charge a tax for riding my road . Handed them a big bag of squash and cucumbers.  Wife was so confused .. husband just laughed he got it . Thanked me . Then they told me to expect  some pumpkins soon as they had planted for the kids and had way more than expected .

• Like 1