Garden 2022

crappyice

7 minutes ago, BizCT said:

See above I bought them last night. I move a lot faster than you guys. Do I need to rip out the tomatoes and zuchinni first? or just throw the carrots seeds in as is?

i would just put them in as is as long as you have room.  Be sure to space them out with enough room to grow and the other plants arent blocking all the sunlight.  

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i would just put them in as is as long as you have room.  Be sure to space them out with enough room to grow and the other plants arent blocking all the sunlight.  

Oh well then I dont have room unless I rip stuff out. The tomatoes and zuchini plants are all 4 feet high and spread out. But I can cull some out

See above I bought them last night. I move a lot faster than you guys. Do I need to rip out the tomatoes and zuchinni first? or just throw the carrots seeds in as is?

Put them in, don’t rip out the zucchini and tomatoes even when done just cut at the roots. The roots are good to leave in the soil. They will decompose and add nutrients back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chef said:

Put them in, don’t rip out the zucchini and tomatoes even when done just cut at the roots. The roots are good to leave in the soil. They will decompose and add nutrients back in

Thank you sir. Then count 50-60 days and pluck baby carrots?

• Like 1

[mention=327]crappyice[/mention]

Oh man...let's start with too
Many sweater over the shoulder spectators and way too many spectators in Vineyard Vines flipflops.
Be American - Play baseball-a sport of true skill

Don't blame me for a derailed thread

Here's my haul today:
2e3b6c513d90dd7d78902da77b69b78b.jpg

• Like 3

We all know he falsifies his records for tax purposes anyway

I’ll gladly post my tax returns on the forum if others do as well. I have zero to hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This was popular last year on Tic Tock.  My daughter made for us a couple of times because it is so simple to do and very delicious.  
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a35421563/baked-feta-pasta-tiktok/

756baf054846404823b41047ac24ebd6.jpg
9dc6de21bbf388c4b3764a52c5171464.jpg

Made it now but letting it sit until later(too hot to eat that now!) quick taste - it is delicious, even with the feta
Thank you

• Like 3

756baf054846404823b41047ac24ebd6.jpg
9dc6de21bbf388c4b3764a52c5171464.jpg

Made it now but letting it sit until later(too hot to eat that now!) quick taste - it is delicious, even with the feta
Thank you

Final product (with some broccoli rabe and lemon chicken left over from last night when grandma "cooked")
e9d0d5b6fd0172b55b5868c507117ab8.jpg

A little bitterness came through- not from the broccoli rabe. Seems like it comes from the cherry tomatoes

• Like 1

eeabab095257a7f88d9e6fa8886d8ed6.jpg
Might be the end of the cherries and bizarre growing cukes and and pathetic squash.
97277b6fe53e4281a8a0d0740c7cf33c.jpg
Jalapeño are great still...these will probably be prepared for poppers for hunting season. Another round of this still in the plants for "quick pickled"

• Like 1

Things are happening  quick in the garden.  Yellow squash appear  to be done zukes had a little bit of a recovery,  have a few blossoms picked a couple for bread. Cucumbers  are finally done .  Went through 3 cases of canning jars 2 more to go making crushed tomatoes and now we will make sauce. 

Tomatoes  are  prime . With over 3/4inch of rain last night the tomatoes will split so I had to pick this morning .

Todays haul....

20220905_113152.jpg

20220905_113139.jpg

• Like 2