Democrats are going to need lots of mail in votes.

21 hours ago, virgil said:

You guys really whip yourselves and each other into a lather when someone doesn't see things the same as you.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha........If you think this is a "lather" wait until the next elections. Even the Dems are beginning to get buyer's remorse.

• Like 1

Just now, left field said:

This is either the last ten years or the last 50 of US economic output with the x and y axes removed. Can someone point out where the failed O economy ended and the winning T economy began. 

909986429_ScreenShot2022-03-08at10_32_30AM.thumb.png.8839918a75ecb1614d65aaff1f368721.png

Do you not receive weekly paychecks or pay for anything? You seriously can't tell the difference just in everyday transactions? I don't need a graph to tell me how much I'm spending on groceries,utilities, fuel etc. If I'm paying more and its 12 months after the president signed a record number of executive orders on day 1 to "undo" what the previous president did ,guess who I'm blaming?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

Do you not receive weekly paychecks or pay for anything? You seriously can't tell the difference just in everyday transactions? I don't need a graph to tell me how much I'm spending on groceries,utilities, fuel etc. If I'm paying more and its 12 months after the president signed a record number of executive orders on day 1 to "undo" what the previous president did ,guess who I'm blaming?

Well said!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

I was responding to the contention of how badly the economy was under Obama and that Trump miraculously turned it around. That's not accurate by any metric.

Yes, things are shitty right now. The world's economic machine was shut down for two years and now there's a major war in europe. We go from almost no need for oil to soaring demands with major supply uncertainty. It seems naive to blame this on a president. 

Things will get worse then better, as that's how this usually plays out. 

15 minutes ago, left field said:

Yes, things are shitty right now. The world's economic machine was shut down for two years and now there's a major war in europe. We go from almost no need for oil to soaring demands with major supply uncertainty. It seems naive to blame this on a president. 

Pretty sure we agree on several points....yep it pretty shitty right now

Yes, the world economy was shut down for a length of time due to the pandemic

However, even though oil demand was low and prices reflected this, the US was energy independent! Actions were being taken to keep the US that way (Keystone pipeline for one).

Biden cancelled all that on day one and made the US dependent on other countries for oil, now were paying at the pump for that decision.  

I guess the blame was on Trump for all the counties ills, but Biden and his administration  get a pass as "that's how this usually plays out".

How can one listen to a Biden or Harris speech or interview and be inspired or comfortable in their ability to lead?

• Like 3

Harris has been a major WTF? I don't recall her being this lightweight during the campaign. 

Biden, as I have said multiple times, is too old for the job. His speeches? Well, this is a guy who has had a lifetime of gaffes and I think it's a tie as to who says more stupid things, Trump or Biden. I do think that you can look at this extraordinary sea change in the European playbook with regards to Russia and is in part due to Biden's ability to foster and work with allies. He has had a lot of experience with that level of international diplomacy. Hard to say how they would have responded to Trump.

The energy independence claim seem to be less clear that everyone believes. I'm off for a medical procedure and will find some relevant stuff later. 

Assuming we get through this was unscathed, the next election will be interesting. Not Biden or Harris, so no idea who the Dems field. No way it's Trump as the Reps are turning from him daily. I would like Romney for a lot of reasons. DeSantis scares the hell out of me as he can take advantage of Trumpian tactics, but unlike Trump, isn't an idiot. 

22 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

Pretty sure we agree on several points....yep it pretty shitty right now

Yes, the world economy was shut down for a length of time due to the pandemic

However, even though oil demand was low and prices reflected this, the US was energy independent! Actions were being taken to keep the US that way (Keystone pipeline for one).

Biden cancelled all that on day one and made the US dependent on other countries for oil, now were paying at the pump for that decision.  

I guess the blame was on Trump for all the counties ills, but Biden and his administration  get a pass as "that's how this usually plays out".

How can one listen to a Biden or Harris speech or interview and be inspired or comfortable in their ability to lead?

Biden just said the US has pumped more oil in the past year than Trump did in his first year. Man he is tough to listen to. He also said gas companies in the US have  over 9000 leases currently approved for drilling oil and they are all not being used. Basically passing the blame onto someone else. This country is so screwed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, left field said:

Harris has been a major WTF? I don't recall her being this lightweight during the campaign. 

Biden, as I have said multiple times, is too old for the job. His speeches? Well, this is a guy who has had a lifetime of gaffes and I think it's a tie as to who says more stupid things, Trump or Biden. I do think that you can look at this extraordinary sea change in the European playbook with regards to Russia and is in part due to Biden's ability to foster and work with allies. He has had a lot of experience with that level of international diplomacy. Hard to say how they would have responded to Trump.

The energy independence claim seem to be less clear that everyone believes. I'm off for a medical procedure and will find some relevant stuff later. 

Assuming we get through this was unscathed, the next election will be interesting. Not Biden or Harris, so no idea who the Dems field. No way it's Trump as the Reps are turning from him daily. I would like Romney for a lot of reasons. DeSantis scares the hell out of me as he can take advantage of Trumpian tactics, but unlike Trump, isn't an idiot. 

Harris was condescending and self inflated during the VP debate, when she had to tell the audience what the definition of "debt" was in a elementary way.

As far as Biden vs Trump speeches, Biden is lost and it shows; Trump is a narcissist and has a ego bigger than life, when he tried to make tongue in cheek jokes it was suddenly gospel. Example, injecting bleach to cure covid, if anyone believed that they should follow Harris closely as she'll explain it.

Biden has a "lot of experience" at diplomacy, how so? He's been mute for the most part on Russia and for God's sake called the Ukrainian people Iranians! Very diplomatic on the world stage !! 

I can't go on any further as my blood pressure is peaking as fast as Biden's approval rating is sinking.... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, left field said:

I would not put to much faith in the..It won’t be Trump thing….  He will be knee deep come November. And Americans will be behind him in the same numbers they always have been. 

And for the love of God, Cuomo is back speaking yesterday from a Brooklyn church (Godly man he is) and victim shaming. He'll be front and center soon enough.

I'm sure he smells blood in the democratic waters and will rear his head and dust off the allegation and disgrace to be back for a solid round two.

Hope I'm wrong !!

1 hour ago, left field said:

This is either the last ten years or the last 50 of US economic output with the x and y axes removed. Can someone point out where the failed O economy ended and the winning T economy began. 

909986429_ScreenShot2022-03-08at10_32_30AM.thumb.png.8839918a75ecb1614d65aaff1f368721.png

If your graph were beleieveable and applicable to the current dialogue, then Trump should REALLY be your guy then, right :)

1 hour ago, left field said:

I was responding to the contention of how badly the economy was under Obama and that Trump miraculously turned it around. That's not accurate by any metric.

Yes it is 

2 hours ago, left field said:

Harris has been a major WTF. 

Biden, as I have said multiple times, is too old for the job. His speeches? Well, this is a guy who has had a lifetime of gaffes. 

I'm off for a medical procedure. 

Trump, isn't an idiot. 

I fixed it for ya. Now people will believe you had a brain transplant.

2 hours ago, left field said:

I would love to see DeSantis with Tulsi as VP ,there's no reason for her to have any ties to the democratic party ,they don't want anything to do with her.

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You’re beginning to see that there’s much more to diplomacy than tweeting…

And your losing sight that sometime a strong possible offense to other countries may not be a bad thing, I'm pretty sure Russia and North Korea feared Trump on some level..

So instead of mean tweets one responds by calling the people of Ukraine "Iranians", very impressive diplomacy....I'm pretty sure Putin had a good laugh at that one.  

• Haha 1

Is being a career politician what it takes to have "diplomacy" ,or is it making millions from profit for one's own family based dealings with foreign nations?

di·plo·ma·cy | \ də-ˈplō-mə-sē  \
Definition of diplomacy
1: the art and practice of conducting negotiations between nations
2: skill in handling affairs without arousing hostility 

Trumps was not very good diplomatic I guess; but after 4 years the world was a better and safer place, first president in like 40 years to not start a new war.

I know, I know, you can label us (purported) Trump "supporters" as worshipers of the great messiah, we just must be blinded by his greatness. Hardly, I wish 90% of the time he wouldn't speak and never made it through one of his speeches either. But I believe he put America first, didn't want the US footing the bill for NATO and WHO as other administrations have done, he wished strong borders for safety and security, wanted our country to be less dependent on foreign interests for oil and sustain much better trade agreements.  
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

And your losing sight that sometime a strong possible offense to other countries may not be a bad thing, I'm pretty sure Russia and North Korea feared Trump on some level..

So instead of mean tweets one responds by calling the people of Ukraine "Iranians", very impressive diplomacy....I'm pretty sure Putin had a good laugh at that one.  

Putin’s economy is collapsing. The united economic offensive has the potential to be much worse and more one-sided than a military offensive between nuclear powers. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Putin’s economy is collapsing. The united economic offensive has the potential to be much worse and more one-sided than a military offensive between nuclear powers. 

Putin's economy has been tenuous for years, thankfully Biden is here is mumble and stumble his way through his speeches while representing this nation. Harris can back him up if the elementary school needs a current events lesson.

I'd have to believe that the sanctions against Russia involve doing far beyond Biden's administration. Also, one would be a fool if they believe Putin didn't expect broad sweeping sanctions upon the actions of invading Ukraine....Putin has been their leader for 20 years now, he's clearly not stupid. 

There were signs since mid 2020 that Putin was moving troops and that after the Olympics this may happen, guess any diplomatic action involving Putin and Biden wasn't fruitful?

Come on man, you know the-the thing!!   

Edited by Salmon_Run
added text

55 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Isn’t China still purchasing oil and gas from Russia. Seems Biden is just pushing china and Russia closer together, great idea.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1