Democrats are going to need lots of mail in votes.

1 hour ago, Salmon_Run said:

Putin's economy has been tenuous for years, thankfully Biden is here is mumble and stumble his way through his speeches while representing this nation. Harris can back him up if the elementary school needs a current events lesson.

I'd have to believe that the sanctions against Russia involve doing far beyond Biden's administration. Also, one would be a fool if they believe Putin didn't expect broad sweeping sanctions upon the actions of invading Ukraine....Putin has been their leader for 20 years now, he's clearly not stupid. 

There were signs since mid 2020 that Putin was moving troops and that after the Olympics this may happen, guess any diplomatic action involving Putin and Biden wasn't fruitful?

Come on man, you know the-the thing!!   

Look, I am not a Biden apologist. But to say he’s a huge step up from Trump says a lot more about Trump than it does about Biden. It’s ok to have different politics. It is not ok to pretend that Trump would’ve handled this any more competently or that his destabilizing actions over his 4-year term didn’t set the groundwork for the debacle in Afghanistan or the emboldening of Putin. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Should we continue to buy russian products? 

If we continue to buy slave made products from china why the hell not. We aren’t standing on the high ground most think we are. If china invaded Taiwan do you think we would stop buying from them?

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

Just now, 9jNYstarkOH said:

If we continue to buy slave made products from china why the hell not. We aren’t standing on the high ground most think we are.

Thats a fair point.  I have the option to not buy nikes.  But i still buy them.  I see the point your trying to make tho.   I guess the notion you made of us sanctioning russia is bringing them and china together, because we arent buying oil from them kinda loses me.  If thats the sentiment then we might as well not sanction them at all.  Im not sure what the correct answer is but id rather try and strangle them financially before we went to physical war with them.  I read an article that said china is taking notice of the global backlash/sanctions against russia and that they are reevaluating about how they want to move globally. 

12 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

But to say he’s a huge step up from Trump says a lot more about Trump than it does about Biden.

But Who says that? Evenn those that voted for him last time probably dont even think that now- including you VH :)

14 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It is not ok to pretend that Trump would’ve handled this any more competently

But It wouldnt have happened if he were still Prez so its a moot point.

15 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

or that his destabilizing actions over his 4-year term didn’t set the groundwork for the debacle in Afghanistan or the emboldening of Putin.

Now, Thats being a Biden apologist, is it not? Look:According to your logic, anything screw up that Biden makes (and God knows , thats all hes done since hes been Prez) can simply be passed off as Trump's fault anyway cuz his Presidency was so "destabilizing".  Now I ask you -and this is a sincere question, mind you- When a Republican gets  elected in '24 and to clean up Bidens mess and screws up as badly as his predecessor, can we use the same excuse for their poor performance?

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

But Who says that? Evenn those that voted for him last time probably dont even think that now- including you VH :)

But It wouldnt have happened if he were still Prez so its a moot point.

Now, Thats being a Biden apologist, is it not? Look:According to your logic, anything screw up that Biden makes (and God knows , thats all hes done since hes been Prez) can simply be passed off as Trump's fault anyway cuz his Presidency was so "destabilizing".  Now I ask you -and this is a sincere question, mind you- When a Republican gets  elected in '24 and to clean up Bidens mess and screws up as badly as his predecessor, can we use the same excuse for their poor performance?

I can’t walk you through the points we’ve already discussed at every turn. We’ve agreed on how Trump elevated the Taliban and how he undermined NATO. Those are the 2 points I was making above. Review your notes or read back. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

As far as Biden vs Trump speeches, Biden is lost and it shows; Trump is a narcissist and has a ego bigger than life, when he tried to make tongue in cheek jokes it was suddenly gospel. Example, injecting bleach to cure covid, if anyone believed that they should follow Harris closely as she'll explain it.

Biden has a "lot of experience" at diplomacy, how so? He's been mute for the most part on Russia and for God's sake called the Ukrainian people Iranians! Very diplomatic on the world stage !! 

Was that him trying to be funny? You may have to explain to me how smart/presidential it is to make jokes - something Trump is particularly bad at - during a time when people were scared, dying and losing their livelihoods.

Biden had a slip of the tongue (as we all do), Trump didn't. He simply repeated as he often does, the last thing he heard. When you have no moral centre or intellectual acumen, you're easily influenced. Look at some of the early cabinet members comments about Trump when they tried to get hm to explain why he held a certain belief. His response was, "I don't know ... I just do." 

4 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

I would not put to much faith in the..It won’t be Trump thing….  He will be knee deep come November. And Americans will be behind him in the same numbers they always have been. 

He'll be knee deep in something but it won't be support.

3 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

If your graph were beleieveable and applicable to the current dialogue, then Trump should REALLY be your guy then, right :)

Well, first off that graph is legitimate. What is shows is that when you are handed something that is going up, you strap on and ride the wave. On the other hand, when things are heading down, there's little you can do to change that trajectory.

But again, please point to the bad Obama part. It's there.

3 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Does he count as a Republican?  Not to most of us!!!

He does to this conservative. He was also laughed at for suggesting that Russia was the enemy.

You want things to be good - vote the middle. You want chaos, vote the extremes of either party.

2 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I fixed it for ya. Now people will believe you had a brain transplant.

I'm holding off on a transplant until they can put my brain into a sexy robot body.

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I would love to see DeSantis with Tulsi as VP ,there's no reason for her to have any ties to the democratic party ,they don't want anything to do with her.

DeSantis is dangerous. Gabbard seems to be getting weirder. Too bad as I quite liked her.

2 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

And your losing sight that sometime a strong possible offense to other countries may not be a bad thing, I'm pretty sure Russia and North Korea feared Trump on some level..

So instead of mean tweets one responds by calling the people of Ukraine "Iranians", very impressive diplomacy....I'm pretty sure Putin had a good laugh at that one.  

They may have considered a degree of unpredictability with Trump but once they realized he was a paper tiger and would do anything to be perceived as a tough guy and member of the gang, they simply used him.

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Putin’s economy is collapsing. The united economic offensive has the potential to be much worse and more one-sided than a military offensive between nuclear powers. 

I hope so. Hard to say how long they last. Or what's left of Ukraine when it's all over.

43 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Isn’t China still purchasing oil and gas from Russia. Seems Biden is just pushing china and Russia closer together, great idea.

Why would they need Biden? They have been planning to weaken the US for years. I'm not sure China can prop Russia up for long.

27 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Should we continue to buy russian products? 

Just don't start taking it out on the little Russian lady who runs the cafe in the Lower East Side. On the plus side, the lines for the famed Ukrainian restaurant, Veselka are around the block.

image.png.1aa7fe7edcdf4f3bcf7c03a2454bcb73.png

15 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I can’t walk you through the points we’ve already discussed at every turn. We’ve agreed on how Trump elevated the Taliban and how he undermined NATO. Those are the 2 points I was making above. Review your notes or read back. 

We did?  I dont recall agreeing with either of those .

12 minutes ago, left field said:

He does to this conservative. He was also laughed at for suggesting that Russia was the enemy.

Wait: are you referring to yourself as a Conservative Lefty? With a screenname like Leftfield?  Now, Im confused ....

Also, wasnt he laughed at by Obama and the Dems while making that point?  

26 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Wait: are you referring to yourself as a Conservative Lefty? With a screenname like Leftfield?  Now, Im confused ....

Also, wasnt he laughed at by Obama and the Dems while making that point?  

I am a conservative. Why on earth would you think otherwise? My name refers to dressing to the left. (Ask your father.)

Everyone laughed at Romney. He had some awkwardness like "binders full of women" but overall, he's a solid candidate. 

3 minutes ago, left field said:

I am a conservative. Why on earth would you think otherwise? My name refers to dressing to the left. (Ask your father.)

Everyone laughed at Romney. He had some awkwardness like "binders full of women" but overall, he's a solid candidate. 

Because of your screenname , silly  lol.  Also, you seem to defend Biden a fair amount- no?

I see- and you voted for him over Obama in '12, of course?

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Typical response from someone that….Has no legit response. Can’t wait to hear your chirps in another year or so. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, left field said:

Was that him trying to be funny? You may have to explain to me how smart/presidential it is to make jokes - something Trump is particularly bad at - during a time when people were scared, dying and losing their livelihoods.

Biden had a slip of the tongue (as we all do), Trump didn't. He simply repeated as he often does, the last thing he heard. When you have no moral centre or intellectual acumen, you're easily influenced. Look at some of the early cabinet members comments about Trump when they tried to get hm to explain why he held a certain belief. His response was, "I don't know ... I just do." 

He'll be knee deep in something but it won't be support.

Well, first off that graph is legitimate. What is shows is that when you are handed something that is going up, you strap on and ride the wave. On the other hand, when things are heading down, there's little you can do to change that trajectory.

But again, please point to the bad Obama part. It's there.

You want things to be good - vote the middle. You want chaos, vote the extremes of either party.

I'm holding off on a transplant until they can put my brain into a sexy robot body.

DeSantis is dangerous. Gabbard seems to be getting weirder. Too bad as I quite liked her.

They may have considered a degree of unpredictability with Trump but once they realized he was a paper tiger and would do anything to be perceived as a tough guy and member of the gang, they simply used him.

I hope so. Hard to say how long they last. Or what's left of Ukraine when it's all over.

Why would they need Biden? They have been planning to weaken the US for years. I'm not sure China can prop Russia up for long.

Just don't start taking it out on the little Russian lady who runs the cafe in the Lower East Side. On the plus side, the lines for the famed Ukrainian restaurant, Veselka are around the block.

image.png.1aa7fe7edcdf4f3bcf7c03a2454bcb73.png

Yeah.  That’s why Trumps speeches even today a year plus out of the house draws more people then any of the idiots in charge now. Which has always been the case and will continue. He will most likely be on the stage in November and in 24 

16 minutes ago, left field said:

Romney a candidate is about as funny of a statement as you saying Biden has a few speech blunders. That guy can’t speak when the writings are in from of him and his questions are pre asked and pre answered. That’s what Americans are dealing with today. What a perfect time for Russia and China to make their moves. Which very well may happen soon enough. 

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Thats a fair point.  I have the option to not buy nikes.  But i still buy them.  I see the point your trying to make tho.   I guess the notion you made of us sanctioning russia is bringing them and china together, because we arent buying oil from them kinda loses me.  If thats the sentiment then we might as well not sanction them at all.  Im not sure what the correct answer is but id rather try and strangle them financially before we went to physical war with them.  I read an article that said china is taking notice of the global backlash/sanctions against russia and that they are reevaluating about how they want to move globally. 

But you should not have the option to buy the slave made Nikes because the U.S sanctions, bad countries that do bad things right? It’s not just the oil buying it’s also things like visa and Mastercard cutting ties with Russia pushing them to use Chinese credit card systems, the world is pushing the two together as china will do business with anyone and that’s all that is left for Russia. But my original comment was for VH saying the “united economic offensive” as its is not so united if Russia still has a avenue to sell oil and gas.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

22 hours ago, left field said:

Biden had a slip of the tongue (as we all do) 

If I had this many "gaffs, as we all do" I hope and pray my family seek medical treatment on my behalf... WTF...

How anyone can watch this and not be sad for him as a person is beyond me, or believe he's a strong, competent leader in any setting.....

17 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

If I had this many "gaffs, as we all do" I hope and pray my family seek medical treatment on my behalf... WTF...

How anyone can watch this and not be sad for him as a person is beyond me, or believe he's a strong, competent leader in any setting.....

Imagine if that was Trump or even Bush, the media would be playing them over and over again and late night talk hosts would be having a field day!

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Imagine if that was Trump or even Bush, the media would be playing them over and over again and late night talk hosts would be having a field day!

If Biden was holding press briefings claiming that US intelligence was wrong and that Putin was right and very strong, yeah, the media would hit him too.