Lots of deer sighted Sat

Chuck B

Just curious,I have been hunting 9p for 30 plus years,went down this weekend to check out land for sale.I have never at one time seen that many in the fields in the area I hunt, just curious if anyone else in the region is observing more deer.had to have a preference point for a dmp.last year?

Did you see more than average numbers there during hunting season last year?

The pictures posted, could be just a single family group of doe??? But obviously, it's really nice to see deer in our areas!

Nice pictures.

We certainly seem to be loaded up with them up in 9F.  I saw about 20 in a field at the back side of our block on Saturday, and my parents have been seeing quite a few at their place, on the opposite corner of the WMU.  

I sure hope they have that September antlerless gun season here again this year.  I missed half of it last year, because my brother chose to get married then, and I had to leave town.  I only got to fill (2) of my (4) dmp’s, mostly due to that.  He is still happily married though, so it was worth it.  

9 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

We counted over 40 deer in 3 neighboring fields, last year was slow compared to previous years,no doe tags last year prefence point only

That’s what “Yarding Up” will do to a place. Piles of them for a couple months in a certain area and then they spread back out as the weather turns. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

That’s what “Yarding Up” will do to a place. Piles of them for a couple months in a certain area and then they spread back out as the weather turns. 

And where they yard up is based on the current crop remains etc at that particular time in that particular place. All subject to change year to year, week to week etc.  

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

And where they yard up is based on the current crop remains etc at that particular time in that particular place. All subject to change year to year, week to week etc.  

True That. We have the crops on one piece and the cedars on another and their daily routine brings them to and fro