Todays (clean) chuckle

Water Rat

Everyone usually has a hard first day at a new job, and it's no different for the kid in this story.  When his manager comes to check on him after his first day, he is disappointed by the number of people the kid has made sales to. See how the kid replies to his boss's outburst.

A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" 

The kid says, "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota."

The manager was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him the job.  "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down to the sales floor to check on how the kid did on his first day.  "How many customers bought something from you today?" 

The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, "One". 

The manager replies, "Just one?!!? Our employees average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day.  That will have to change and soon if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida. One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota, but you're not on the farm anymore, son."

The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes. The manager felt kind of bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"

The kid looks up at his manager and says "$101,237.65".

The manager, astonished, says, "$101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then, I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then, I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat. We went down to the boat department, and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The manager said "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook, and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?" 

The kid said, "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.'"

• Haha 1

Everyone usually has a hard first day at a new job, and it's no different for the kid in this story.  When his manager comes to check on him after his first day, he is disappointed by the number of people the kid has made sales to. See how the kid replies to his boss's outburst.

A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" 

The kid says, "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota."

The manager was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him the job.  "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down to the sales floor to check on how the kid did on his first day.  "How many customers bought something from you today?" 

The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, "One". 

The manager replies, "Just one?!!? Our employees average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day.  That will have to change and soon if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida. One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota, but you're not on the farm anymore, son."

The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes. The manager felt kind of bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"

The kid looks up at his manager and says "$101,237.65".

The manager, astonished, says, "$101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then, I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then, I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat. We went down to the boat department, and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The manager said "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook, and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?" 

The kid said, "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.'"

Someone has been deleting threads… what’s it you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Someone has been deleting threads… what’s it you ?

I noticed your thread about the other place is gone. And some others.  

Thinking word got back to bumjohn. 

Having run a few message boards I can say there is actually known message board etiquette rules, one is "never go on someone else's board  and publicly mine it to lure members to another board", was always a banning offense.

Malcontent members now have a new board setup the way the way they always wanted, so leave here on a good note quit the banter and use your new home.

Al

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, airedale said:

Having run a few message boards I can say there is actually known message board etiquette rules, one is "never go on someone else's board  and publicly mine it to lure members to another board", was always a banning offense.

Malcontent members now have a new board setup the way the way they always wanted, so leave here on a good note quit the banter and use your new home.

Al

Having run those boards did you ever take people's money for merchandise and not deliver it?

Did you ever turn off the ability for new members to join for 9 months and counting?

Did you make it so current members couldn't recover a password?

Did you leave the home page not updated for 3 years?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, crappyice said:

How is your knee Eddie? I am hoping your rehab has been going well

I sent you a PM some time ago . Knee is getting more flexible thanks to exercises I have to do . I am hoping it gets well enough so I can get out during gun season or ML season . I use a walker in the house and a cane when I go outside . Still have pain and taking Tylenol for that . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Belo said:

if it was bumjohn... what an asshat. Been trying for years to get his attention. He had his shot, peace out dude.

5 hours ago, Belo said:

Having run those boards did you ever take people's money for merchandise and not deliver it?

Did you ever turn off the ability for new members to join for 9 months and counting?

Did you make it so current members couldn't recover a password?

Did you leave the home page not updated for 3 years?

You guys leaving will do nothing to him,us or the site. Funny how you complainers can’t just pull the plug and stay off of this site. You will have the same old all day posters over there that you had here and Ny state is not going to have any hunting sites of any size. Ever. 

I sent you a PM some time ago . Knee is getting more flexible thanks to exercises I have to do . I am hoping it gets well enough so I can get out during gun season or ML season . I use a walker in the house and a cane when I go outside . Still have pain and taking Tylenol for that . 

Great news and I wish you continued good results - pm's never work for me on tapatalk - sorry.
You are a good man for trying to keep this place going for as long as you did dealing with us batons being overly sophomoric at times - stay well and good luck!

6 hours ago, Belo said:

if it was bumjohn... what an asshat. Been trying for years to get his attention. He had his shot, peace out dude.

It wasn’t him, it’s me. If you all want to go on another forum, that’s fine, but you aren’t going to use this one to steer traffic to it. That’s stepping over the line. Regardless of some people’s feelings about this site, I’m going to moderate it as best I can. 

I’ve been frustrated by how things have gone the last couple of years too, but I’m sticking with this ship and seeing if there’s any turning it around. If not, that’s fine too, but I’m not going to act like an insolent child on my way out either. 

• Like 3