Once Again.

Four Seasons

Just now, G-Man said:

Would be nice but I had no issue with weight and width laws  mine is nys legal as is everyone's else at camps..not running out to buy new if they pass it anyway

And so so many are using the not so legal ones in this neck of the woods. Never could figure out what they were thinking when they were put in place really 

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

And so so many are using the not so legal ones in this neck of the woods. Never could figure out what they were thinking when they were put in place really 

Just shows how many don't follow regs..  bought mine to be compliant and still among top 5 speed wise

• Like 1

I hope it passes. If I could draw my bow, I would use it. But at this time, I cannot draw my bow. Many others that used to be very good bowhunters, sitting out the early bow season now. I hope to see them get back out there. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, grampy said:

I hope it passes. If I could draw my bow, I would use it. But at this time, I cannot draw my bow. Many others that used to be very good bowhunters, sitting out the early bow season now. I hope to see them get back out there. 

I am glad that at the age of 80 I was able to draw my bow and shoot a buck last year . Would have been just as happy if it had been a doe .

• Like 3

Me thinks that you give the politicians of this great state too much credit. But one can dream. 

I shot my first two deer with a crossbow last year, after having owned a Ten Point Turbo for five years prior. I simply loved hunting with my Elite too much to give it up during the heart of the rut. Unfortunately, I needed to buy a new bow last spring, and for some reason I allowed myself to be convinced to purchase the new Hoyt Rx5 Ultra. Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice bow, and my 3D score shot up 15 points, but I found it clunky in the woods and unexpectedly heavy for a carbon frame. 

So, I put it down, hunted the XBow, shot a stud, and will probably continue to keep the Turbo in the mix. Regardless, I've always supported Xbow for older or disabled hunters, and I'm 90% with opening it to all for a longer portion of bow - but I think there needs to be a specific training course that incorporates the basic archery curriculum. Too many googans taking long, poor shots in my neck of the woods. 

I'm also convinced that what I think means nothing to the powers-that-be outside of DEC. Sigh.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I am glad that at the age of 80 I was able to draw my bow and shoot a buck last year . Would have been just as happy if it had been a doe .

The fact that crossbows aren't legal for seniors is ridiculous. That and disabled individuals is why I left NYBH. 

• Like 2