Anyone Know What Happened To B&D Gunsmoke?

DirtTime

I went by there awhile ago, and it's now a liquor store?? I thought they were doing well there in Rotterdam? Have no idea where or if they moved?

Beararms in Duanesburg are a great bunch! Most are vets. All are knowledgeable.

8 hours ago, DirtTime said:

The one in Rotterdam?

I thought they were moving to a new location up on RT50, but the number for the place no longer works and the Facebook page is empty now as well as the website is gone.

Anything specific your looking for ?

22 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Anything specific your looking for ?

My wife and I are looking at maybe picking up a couple of AR15's. But, neither of us have a ton of money to doll out the prices some shops are asking. Neither of us can drop $1000 on a rifle right now. I remembered when I bought my M&P 15 22 I had stopped in there and the prices were reasonable on AR's. They were out of stock on my M&P, so I ended up going elsewhere and spending $100 more for that.

• Like 1

Building used to be. Three years ago. A decent completely stripped lower is about $150 and the upper kit is about $500. There's a few places that have the rifles for around $500-$700, so building isn't as reasonable as it used to be. Add in shipping and it's a little more.

We'll see how this plays out. I'm taking a ride tomorrow to look at a couple.

Where is Beararms? I live in Duanesburg, never heard of them. 

We do have Outlander Survival (OSS) out here. That's the only gun shop I'm familiar with in town.

As far as Gunsmoke goes, they've been gone a long time. That store was a partnership between Brian Olson and the gentleman that owns the planet fitness franchise in the area. I can't remember his last name. But his first is Leon. I figured they split up and decided to not reopen.

There's the other gun store Take it to the Bank in Rotterdam. They also moved, further up the road. I wondered if that had something to do with the town and maybe what forced Gunsmoke out?

We do have Outlander Survival (OSS) out here. That's the only gun shop I'm familiar with in town.
As far as Gunsmoke goes, they've been gone a long time. That store was a partnership between Brian Olson and the gentleman that owns the planet fitness franchise in the area. I can't remember his last name. But his first is Leon. I figured they split up and decided to not reopen.
There's the other gun store Take it to the Bank in Rotterdam. They also moved, further up the road. I wondered if that had something to do with the town and maybe what forced Gunsmoke out?

It’s a nice little shop

http://barearmscny.com/contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Nothing at three places hit that "Yes!" aver all, and those that did didn't agree with the wallet.

Try looking online and just buy assembled uppers and lowers so you don't have to "build it " yourself. Just snap it together and push in the pins. 

Palmetto state armory always tons of options on sale . Windham weaponry as well runs deals they email me. 

Your FFL could order your complete lower and put a NY compliant stock on it too. 

45 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Try looking online and just buy assembled uppers and lowers so you don't have to "build it " yourself. Just snap it together and push in the pins. 

Palmetto state armory always tons of options on sale . Windham weaponry as well runs deals they email me. 

Your FFL could order your complete lower and put a NY compliant stock on it too. 

I'm weighing options at this point. The last I knew, PSA won't ship most of their lowers to NYS.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, Meatball said:

BareArms used to be on Rt 7 just before the Stewart's going west. They moved last year to a larger building on Rt 20 just past the overbridge on the right in Duanesburg.

I didn't know TakeItToTheBank reopened in another location?? Where is it now? I bought my AR there. Got a great deal, back just before Covid. I know the owner, Mr D' Gallo sadly passed away last year. I loved going in there!! Was really bummed to see it close at 5 corners.

I live in Rotterdam, we are almost neighbors! Gotta meet up sometime!

Edited by grampy

I didn't know the owner of Take It To The Bank had passed. That's a shame, I never met him, but he was always friendly and extremely helpful when I called, and would even recommend another shop if he didn't have what I was looking for, which is rare.

I'm being a bit picky on my selection, I could have picked up a used AR with a desert tan stock, but I don't live in the desert, and I really don't want an olive drab stock- nothing wrong with the multicolor, just not my preference. I'm looking for all scary black and preferably the old style fore-end stock without the rails, which oddly enough cost more. I remember a couple of years ago the S&W M&P 15 in .223 ran about $600, now they are in the $800 price range.

Grampy, Take it to the bank moved to Del Gallos Pool store, and the Wagon Train building. These are Del Gallos other business endeavors. Just up the road on Rt159 and Burdeck St intersection. Opposite the Stewart's Shop. 

Your description of the Beararms shop matches my description of Outlander Survival. Moved from Rt7 just down the road to RT 20. 

I just purchased an 80% lower from OSS at Christmas. It's an Aero Precision. They had complete lowers there for sale too, or available to order. I matched it to a PSA upper I picked up on Thanksgiving sale prices.

We do need meet up. There was a talk about a local get together, I lost track of it. Hope I didn't miss it.