Damn deer

G-Man

Well got my 25th deer with a vehicle since I started driving in 1987...  ( I also have one bear with vehicle) 

The running joke is I've killed more deer with my cars than most hunters have killed with BOW or GUN..

4700 damage this time..  better start looking at new insurance company again... ( bear was with same company this past nov)  20220304_220832.thumb.jpg.b2a35e34d3b340f0b40ead0195609dea.jpg20220304_220827.thumb.jpg.0786d6e360b9b3d58e42cd57dd376d01.jpg

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Well got my 25th deer with a vehicle since I started driving in 1987...  ( I also have one bear with vehicle) 

The running joke is I've killed more deer with my cars than most hunters have killed with BOW or GUN..

4700 damage this time..  better start looking at new insurance company again... ( bear was with same company this past nov)  20220304_220832.thumb.jpg.b2a35e34d3b340f0b40ead0195609dea.jpg20220304_220827.thumb.jpg.0786d6e360b9b3d58e42cd57dd376d01.jpg

25??  Do you have some type of attractant you use??  All kidding aside hope no one was hurt.  

2 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

i was told if you put those deer whistles in the front , its the best deer call.

I don't need any whistles..lol  my friends wife calls me a deer whisperer.. guess I  should start shouting to scare them away

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, boo711 said:

25??  Do you have some type of attractant you use??  All kidding aside hope no one was hurt.  

Not hurt and car was still driveable.   Be a few weeks with I surance rental . ... one way to keep an older car rust free  is body work every other year or so.....lol

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Paula said:

I can't imagine having that many hit me. I had two deer hit me and that's enough.

I had 5 different deer hit in 2018  all same car last one was on Christmas eve  coming home from work ( very hard to get rental on christmas day).. that insurance dropped me can't imagine why..

Knock on wood, I have never damaged a vehicle I was driving with a deer.  I have had dozens of close calls .  I have made slight contact with a couple, driving back and forth to work.  Coming home late last night, I had to get on the breaks pretty hard, to miss one that crossed onto our property, right near the house driveway.

I have been a passenger in two vehicles, that others were driving when deer were hit and killed (one was a school bus), and I have picked up quite a few others have struck, including a couple that I had to dispatch with my knife.  They taste the same as those I have shot, and some have had less meat damage.  

In my younger days, I was a “regular” at the local tavern and I acquired two deer off the same bar stool.  I remember one time, when a young kid came in all upset, because he just hit one with his first new car.  I asked what was wrong, and he told of the big dent in the side of of his new car.  

I asked where it happened and he said “up the road by the yellow house by the bridge”.  That was my grandma’s house, so I quickly left and snatched up that tasty button buck.   My brother in law, who was a state trooper at the time, got me a carcass tag.  

Edited by wolc123

8 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Over the last 9 months, Ive hit 4 with my truck... luckily, very minor damage

Most of mine were minor and only.killed immediately 13 deer.. rest ran away so I can't verify they lived or died ,bear was very minor just cracked bumper ( could barely see it) and had to replace fog light

4 hours ago, G-Man said:

Most of mine were minor and only.killed immediately 13 deer.. rest ran away so I can't verify they lived or died ,bear was very minor just cracked bumper ( could barely see it) and had to replace fog light

Do you have a map of these accidents marked/mapped out? I would like to buy some land at its epicenter :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

25? Wow! 

Now take your arrows, put some headlights and a horn on them and slow them down to around 55 mph and the deer will just jump in front of them. Aiming optional.

DM me for more tips.

Have over 150 with BOW and GUN as well .

Though I do have more with a vehicle than lot of hunters I know.. 

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

How many miles do you drive a year?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I don't keep track how many I hit with the train every year..but it'd a lot hit 4 together just last week