Damn deer

G-Man

On 3/10/2022 at 7:02 PM, suburbanfarmer said:

i was told if you put those deer whistles in the front , its the best deer call.

I just read an article on Deer & Deer Hunting about deer whistles . Research was done and they said the Deer Whistles are pretty much worthless .

We were talking about Deer Whistles at work one time . I told one of my fork lift drivers that if you put the whistles on backwards , it would attract deer . He looked at me like he thought it was BS but also thought it was logical ..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nytracker said:

38 years of driving. 5 years of driving delivery truck nights from Elmira to Poughkeepsie and back. 3 deer killed total. You have some luck.

I drive buffalo to Cleveland and Cleveland home to olean at all hours  and buffalo to olean home.   Lot of deer in western ny

48 minutes ago, cdbing said:

Dang Gman, you with your car vs me with my bow....pretty sure you have me beat. Not sure if that stat says more about my hunting or your luck. Probably bothemoji2960.png

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mostly has to do with deer density in areas I drive ,it's nothing to see 20 to 40 deer in a field within a mile of my house  ..this is after we take 20 off this place every year..  not including neighbors deer..   would of had 14 buck per square mile this year here if we did that

23 hours ago, cdbing said:

Deer density down here on LI is probably twice that....so you're saying definitely my hunting then.emoji846.png

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Unless you are like me...I always tell myself, "this year I will not be so picky" but I always am and wind up not taking the monster I am holding out for lol. I used to hunt on Shelter Island and it was not uncommon to see a dozen real nice bucks in one sitting. It was exciting at the time but it made me too picky. The one in my avatar walked out with 2 others (January) the lead buck was easily twice his size but was missing his right side. The last one out was really wide with short tines. I like taller tines when I have the choice.   

Putting a hurt on deer in ashtabula Ohio, hit 2 more with locomotive last evening  there is a 5 mile stretch with 9 dead deer in last 2 weeks..  all train strikes.. the eagles ,hawks and buzzards are liking it though..

Edited by G-Man

52 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Putting a hurt on deer in ashtabula Ohio, hit 2 more with locomotive last evening  there is a 5 mile stretch with 9 dead deer in last 2 weeks..  all train strikes.. the eagles ,hawks and buzzards are liking it though..

I take it , you didn't even bother trying to swerve.:)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I take it , you didn't even bother trying to swerve.:)

Nope most boring job ever can't take differnt route , go thru all the bad areas of cities..  

Absolutely worse is dealing with kids riding atvs along tracks..  steel strapping hanging off cars will cut them in half..  they think its fun to get close or race.. dumb

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G-Man said:

Nope most boring job ever can't take differnt route , go thru all the bad areas of cities..  

Absolutely worse is dealing with kids riding atvs along tracks..  steel strapping hanging off cars will cut them in half..  they think its fun to get close or race.. dumb

I have family in North Platte Nebraska . Uncle and cousin were/are engineers. Pretty sure they do the Platte to Denver run.

I always thought it was a cool job. I can see where it would get old after awhile.

Just now, Merlot said:

If you need some help clearing out some of those deer, lets meet at Sprague's and we'll discuss strategy...lol

I'd meet at Sprague's anytime.   Lots of deer see how doe tags are this next year.. preference points were needed this year..crazy..state really have no idea how many deer there are.