NYS gettin' in the bud business . . .

1 hour ago, ADK Native said:

Since the government is unable or unwilling to stop people from smoking marijuana, they are ready to legalize it for their own profit.

Sadly using marijuana is unhealthy for the respiratory system and the brain.  Who is going to pay for the medical care of the marijuana smokers with respiratory related disease?  Who is going to pay for the medical care for the marijuana smokers who become mentally unfit to work and care for themselves?

It is physically unhealthy in some forms (smoking, vaping) but I can't see how consuming THC edibles are going to affect your physical health much. Unless you're a diabetic who pops some sugar coated THC gummies and your sugar spikes lol. In all seriousness yes, there will be an increase in health care costs associated with legalization of THC, but imho it will be negligible in the overall grand scheme of our current health care system. I don't think you'll suddenly start seeing 1M stoners hospitalized each day on a bad trip. Hope not anyway.

Who will pay for the associated cost? The same people who are paying medical expenses for the morbidly obese, the alcoholics, meth heads and everyone else with an addiction, the taxpayers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, ADK Native said:

Since the government is unable or unwilling to stop people from smoking marijuana, they are ready to legalize it for their own profit.

Sadly using marijuana is unhealthy for the respiratory system and the brain.  Who is going to pay for the medical care of the marijuana smokers with respiratory related disease?  Who is going to pay for the medical care for the marijuana smokers who become mentally unfit to work and care for themselves?

Their insurance companies will pay. Some people think it is a good idea to have free health care for all, or universal health care.   If that happens we all will be paying for it. Let’s hope that never gets passed. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:44 AM, Belo said:

my plan is to grow my own, but damn when I even dip my toe in the research part of that world it seems far more complicated than I ever imagined. I have a green thumb and sure I'll work towards higher yields but it just seems way more complicated than it needs to be to just get into it. 

A wise man once told me ,grow your plants next to pine trees . They run at the same temperature and the eye in the sky can't differentiate between the pine tree and plant. I've never grown it but a guy who does told me that and it always stuck in my head .

On 3/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, ADK Native said:

We should ban alcohol as well ,it's way worse for the human body.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

That is correct!   But nobody says peep about it.  I love alcohol But if you want to be real about this whole thing it is way more destructive than marijuana. 

Seriously ,when is the last time anyone ever ripped a bong hit then went and fought someone lol

Edit: besides either one of the diaz brothers

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Seriously ,when is the last time anyone ever ripped a bong hit then went and fought someone lol

For the most part i thonk your right on.

Lol.Although  I do know some guys that do,but they're loser/lifers, who've been using since they were kids. If that family gets together .100% there will be a fight..And they're also always high.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

A wise man once told me ,grow your plants next to pine trees . They run at the same temperature and the eye in the sky can't differentiate between the pine tree and plant. I've never grown it but a guy who does told me that and it always stuck in my head .

everything i've researched and personal experience is that outdoor grows are just too complicated (not for legal reasons) but fungus, inspects, weather etc. So the tent grow is the path most use, but then you're dealing with lights, ventilation, humidity etc. 

idk someday maybe, maybe i'll do some tomatoes first lol

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

everything i've researched and personal experience is that outdoor grows are just too complicated (not for legal reasons) but fungus, inspects, weather etc. So the tent grow is the path most use, but then you're dealing with lights, ventilation, humidity etc. 

idk someday maybe, maybe i'll do some tomatoes first 

I know one guy who had 2 plants growing behind his garage.  It was kind of "let's see what happens" setting. One day he hears a helicopter over head for a few minutes ,he goes outside to get a better look and 2 sheriff's we're pulling in his driveway.  One of them got a chainsaw from the trunk and headed his way lol. I can't even imagine what it cost them in fuel for a helicopter to get rid of 2 plants.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I know one guy who had 2 plants growing behind his garage.  It was kind of "let's see what happens" setting. One day he hears a helicopter over head for a few minutes ,he goes outside to get a better look and 2 sheriff's we're pulling in his driveway.  One of them got a chainsaw from the trunk and headed his way lol. I can't even imagine what it cost them in fuel for a helicopter to get rid of 2 plants.

But how many lives did they save???  You know, marijuana is gateway drug……

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That’s BS.  Jesus’s first miracle was turning water into wine and He’d have never done that if alcohol was bad for you.  

Ok.. Tell that to my father and step mother who both died early because of decades of alcohol abuse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Ok.. Tell that to my father and step mother who both died early because of decades of alcohol abuse.

Moderation will not hurt. Abuse will unfortunately. I have seen it myself. Am currently watching my cousin kill himself because he likes to drink. His kids don’t even associate with him anymore and he could care less. As long as he has that 30 pack of Busch beer every day he is perfectly happy. It’s a shame to see unfortunately. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

LOL, I had a friend when I was younger that would hit the bowl before going to workout. Seemed so strange to me considering it's suppose to relax and mellow you out. 

22 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Moderation will not hurt. Abuse will unfortunately. I have seen it myself. Am currently watching my cousin kill himself because he likes to drink. His kids don’t even associate with him anymore and he could care less. As long as he has that 30 pack of Busch beer every day he is perfectly happy. It’s a shame to see unfortunately. 

My father drank himself to death at 49.

It was not fun to witness. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

The "War on Drugs" at its finest. One of, if not the most egregious worldwide policy failures in the late 20th century. Trillions of $$$ and countless lives lost. And the stupidity continues !!!

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 1