Has anyone ever hunted Osceola Turkeys in Florida?

Otto

I might make a swing down to SE USA on a three week tour, late March to mid April.  I have a buddy in Georgia and plan to turkey hunt with him 1 or 2 days.   After that I have been looking at maybe a trip down to Florida for a crack at an Osceola.  Has anyone ever been down there to turkey hunt?  I’d probably hire a guide for a day, but don’t want to really stay with an outfitter in a lodge. (My wife is coming too, so she will just chill all day somewhere)   Just a gel of an idea at this point.  

• Like 2

I live in Florida. There is a ton of public land. I have no idea about guides but the birds are not very talkative. 

Depending on where you go there is line where easterns and osceola are in the same area and sometimes breed for a hybrid. 

the licensing can be a pain to figure out. If you go the diy route PM me and i can try to help you out. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Good Luck in Georgia.! Post up some pictures for the Gang here down the line.

I will Bill, Georgia is looking more and more likely.  The Florida leg was just another thought, not too far out of our way, and I’ll have some of my gear with me anyways.  Still researching and planning the rest of the trip at the same time. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Cost of a hired guide in Florida for turkey is $3,500 bucks. Way too expensive for me.

Trying to get a tag you need a lawyer to figure it out.

Shooting one? Boring as shit. They don’t talk. 

The most unsatisfying thing I ever did.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...