Battery Prices

fasteddie

My 3 CuddeLink cameras each take 4 "D" cell batteries . I found that Duracell batteries work well in the cameras . At home I found the best deal for those batteries was at BJ's Wholesale for $20 / dozen . I used a $2 off coupon and got them for $18 . When we got to Ft Meyers , we stopped at BJ's . I bought the same batteries for $14 . What the heck ! I have plenty of batteries for next season for the CuddeLink cameras . 

• Like 3

I use lithium in all my cameras, sometimes when I grab my cams they still have some juice and I move those cameras to places I'm gonna be checking regularly like for turkeys or waterfoul, and put fresh ones in the ones that are really gonna soak. Cell cams run on partial solar and you can leave em alone for a long time. These voskers are bullet proof and the system that comes with them is pretty great.

20211103_144817.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

My regular cameras take 8 AA batteries. The cellular cameras that I have that send pictures to me use D batteries.

I have 7 regular cameras in Geneseo and 8 regular cameras in Walworth .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Humm all my cell cams take AAs 

• Like 1

I generally use Wegmans AA’s they seem to work fine I have gotten up to 6mo’s on them. But I usually change them after 3mo’s. I just got a Cell-link and the cam I’m hooking up to that I put lithium in, that’s 16 batteries between the Link and the camera not cheap

34 minutes ago, Larry said:

I generally use Wegmans AA’s they seem to work fine I have gotten up to 6mo’s on them. But I usually change them after 3mo’s. I just got a Cell-link and the cam I’m hooking up to that I put lithium in, that’s 16 batteries between the Link and the camera not cheap

That's true but if it keeps you out of the woods it's worth it. It's like paying 8$ to know the best day to be in the woods.

Cuddelink specifically suggests Rayovac High Energy due to the voltage they carry. Just FYI.

I have had good luck with some specific other brands too, but I almost exclusively run my Cuddelink with external 6 or 12 Packs, too, so I take brute force approach. Any time I have ever had to rely on the internal D batteries only, the cam ends up costing me in some way. Whether that be performance or the batteries going low at the world's most inopportune time.

Case in point, I had a G series remote cam that I didn't have any other externals for, when in Ohio. I set the dang thing in between my home and remote cam already in play. Ended up becoming a bridge in the mesh network. Dang cam went down mid rut and brought down the cam behind it from sending again as it wouldn't re-attach to the home. Unless you're in a very easy to reach spot or field edge I would NEVER recommend using Cuddelink without external power supply.

PITA but I can set and forget cams. Hate carrying them. You'd be surprised how heavy 3-4 cams with all those externals weigh in a pack. 

• Like 1